• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A theory on Luxu and the Master of Masters...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
While reading the latest Famitsu scan translations about 2.8, I noticed that one of the caption translations stated that the box Luxu was seen with in the newest trailer was something he was entrusted with safeguarding. As I thought about what might be in the box and why Luxu would be guarding it, the caption sparked a chain reaction in my head that lead to the development of an entirely different theory:

We've been speculating for years now why Luxu was never given a Book of Prophecy or fancy animal-themed outfit like the other Foretellers got, usually having to do with Luxu being up to something nefarious. But while reading the latest scans, I realized something. If he's being entrusted with whatever's in this box and his Keyblade is prominently displayed on the walls of the Land of Departure, he may not actually be evil at all. While we have yet to actually see or hear of the X-Blade, but I think it's an easy conclusion to make that it's being wielded by the Master of Masters. So taking all of that together, combined with the MoM's apparent apathy towards the impending war, I've come up with my own possible explanation:

The MoM is going to die either before or during the Keyblade War. Because he can see the future, he knows all this. He knows it's going to happen. The reason he's so apathetic is because he's made his peace with the fact that his death is coming, and he's been grooming Luxu to take his place as wielder of the X-Blade. That's why Luxu's off doing his own thing apart from the Foretellers, wearing the black coat instead of the flashy animal robes. He's being trained to become the MoM's successor and lead the rest of the group.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Given how complex the Kingdom Hearts storyline can be, this will probably turn out to be false, but I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks about this theory.

Muke

whatever
Awards
IDK, there aren't really any things to prove this? Like, what's the background and all? Any ground to this?

Also I really dislike the idea of someone being the definite wielder of the X-Blade :S

KeybladeOrder

Awards
IDK, there aren't really any things to prove this? Like, what's the background and all? Any ground to this?

Also I really dislike the idea of someone being the definite wielder of the X-Blade :S

I completely get not wanting there to be a definitive wielder of the X-Blade, even if I kind of at least want it to play some role in the story of Back Cover. In any case, the theory can still work even without the X-Blade. It's just something that came to me as I was comparing all the speculation about Luxu being the traitor with how the trailers for KH3 show his Keyblade prominently mounted on the wall in a place of honor. There hasn't really been anything to this theory, but at this point we know so little about Luxu and the Master of Masters compared to the rest of the Foretellers that I was just wracking my brain trying to come up with any possible explanation for why he's the odd one out among the other characters of that era.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I completely get not wanting there to be a definitive wielder of the X-Blade, even if I kind of at least want it to play some role in the story of Back Cover. In any case, the theory can still work even without the X-Blade. It's just something that came to me as I was comparing all the speculation about Luxu being the traitor with how the trailers for KH3 show his Keyblade prominently mounted on the wall in a place of honor. There hasn't really been anything to this theory, but at this point we know so little about Luxu and the Master of Masters compared to the rest of the Foretellers that I was just wracking my brain trying to come up with any possible explanation for why he's the odd one out among the other characters of that era.

I don't think Luxu's Keyblade was being displayed as a sort of respectful artifact from that past, but more of a foreboding item that's held there as a reminder of the past that we must not repeat. By appearance itself, the Goatblade looks like a weapon of impending doom. The first wielder we know of is Master Xehanort, the antagonist of the series.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
True. In all honesty, I'm just trying to come up with a potential theory about Luxu's role in Back Cover that fits with what little we know about him based on 2.8 info.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
True. In all honesty, I'm just trying to come up with a potential theory about Luxu's role in Back Cover that fits with what little we know about him based on 2.8 info.

Yeah. I understand. Only a month before we can see what those 80 minutes of film have packed in xD

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
So, no one is the bad guy here? I'm pretty sure at least one between MoM and Luxu is evil. He/They deceived the Foretellers pretty heavily and on multiple factors, purposedly hid the last page of the Book and eventually inspired the War and the consequential Darkness.
I also don't quite see MoM as apathetic, I see a pretty smug and scheming person. He might even find the entire thing funny.

About the X-Blade, I too don't see them already wielding it.
If they did, it surely happened after Chi started, or the Foretellers should know about it... but if they already have it, what was the point of the War to gain it?
Given it's heavily implied that the War started because Mom/Luxu wanted it to happen: if he/they already had the X-Blade by other means, starting the War was pointless and eventually backfired, since the X-Blade gets destroyed.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So, no one is the bad guy here? I'm pretty sure at least one between MoM and Luxu is evil. He/They deceived the Foretellers pretty heavily and on multiple factors, purposedly hid the last page of the Book and eventually inspired the War and the consequential Darkness.
I also don't quite see MoM as apathetic, I see a pretty smug and scheming person. He might even find the entire thing funny.

About the X-Blade, I too don't see them already wielding it.
If they did, it surely happened after Chi started, or the Foretellers should know about it... but if they already have it, what was the point of the War to gain it?
Given it's heavily implied that the War started because Mom/Luxu wanted it to happen: if he/they already had the X-Blade by other means, starting the War was pointless and eventually backfired, since the X-Blade gets destroyed.

Unless, of course, the War was to summon Kingdom Hearts. We know that the Keyblade is the physical counterpart to Kingdom Hearts, but that doesn't mean that just by having the xblade you instantly have access to KH. Even Master Xehanort himself personally summoned KH by throwing a ball of magic into the sky.

Assuming that's the War's purpose: to summon KH, then why summon it when you have the xblade? Perhaps the xblade isn't as powerful as one accessing the power to all the hearts of the people and worlds.

DavidO

I wonder how someone gets a hold of the xblade. Like, if the MoM does indeed have possession of it, then wouldn't that mean that Kingdom Hearts chose him to hold unto it. There's this part of the blade getting to to the ground that is a mystery to us. Also, one thing that has been bugging me. Don't those dark coats that MoM and Luxu wear give the ability to pass through the Corridors of Darkness without corrupting one's heart? This seems to be like something no one has been talking about. Why would MoM and Luxu need that?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Don't those dark coats that MoM and Luxu wear give the ability to pass through the Corridors of Darkness without corrupting one's heart? This seems to be like something no one has been talking about. Why would MoM and Luxu need that?

Or it could just be to conceal their identities. Xemnas wore his robe on KH1 FM, and so did Young Xehanort in BBS FM. It's to conceal their identities and reveal them when the writers want to.

DavidO

Or it could just be to conceal their identities. Xemnas wore his robe on KH1 FM, and so did Young Xehanort in BBS FM. It's to conceal their identities and reveal them when the writers want to.

Definitely could be the case. Still makes me wonder what makes the coats have magic properties. I don't know if that's been explained yet in the series.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Definitely could be the case. Still makes me wonder what makes the coats have magic properties. I don't know if that's been explained yet in the series.

It's just one of those "just because" instances of the series. Honestly, with how powerful and close to darkness some of the Norts are, and specially since they're the Seekers of DARKNESS, they can withstand traveling through the darkness.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
Definitely agreed on how the hoods are meant to conceal a character's identity from the audience. As for the properties of the coat, honestly, I feel like the only reason people keep wearing them after their identities are revealed is because they look cool

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Definitely agreed on how the hoods are meant to conceal a character's identity from the audience. As for the properties of the coat, honestly, I feel like the only reason people keep wearing them after their identities are revealed is because they look cool

Pretty much this. Even the Foretellers have coats that are more unique than the regular black ones, possibly suggesting that in a future we might see coated characters with unique way of hiding their identities. Though I wonder if there's concept art of MoM and Luxu having their own themed coats.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
For now, the only real difference is that Luxu and MoM's coats have a different zipper than the "average" black coat does.

14344130_1098284913552269_2666066038800612877_n.jpg

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
While reading the latest Famitsu scan translations about 2.8, I noticed that one of the caption translations stated that the box Luxu was seen with in the newest trailer was something he was entrusted with safeguarding. As I thought about what might be in the box and why Luxu would be guarding it, the caption sparked a chain reaction in my head that lead to the development of an entirely different theory:

We've been speculating for years now why Luxu was never given a Book of Prophecy or fancy animal-themed outfit like the other Foretellers got, usually having to do with Luxu being up to something nefarious. But while reading the latest scans, I realized something. If he's being entrusted with whatever's in this box and his Keyblade is prominently displayed on the walls of the Land of Departure, he may not actually be evil at all. While we have yet to actually see or hear of the X-Blade, but I think it's an easy conclusion to make that it's being wielded by the Master of Masters. So taking all of that together, combined with the MoM's apparent apathy towards the impending war, I've come up with my own possible explanation:

The MoM is going to die either before or during the Keyblade War. Because he can see the future, he knows all this. He knows it's going to happen. The reason he's so apathetic is because he's made his peace with the fact that his death is coming, and he's been grooming Luxu to take his place as wielder of the X-Blade. That's why Luxu's off doing his own thing apart from the Foretellers, wearing the black coat instead of the flashy animal robes. He's being trained to become the MoM's successor and lead the rest of the group.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Given how complex the Kingdom Hearts storyline can be, this will probably turn out to be false, but I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks about this theory.

I love this theory, so much so that I want to expand upon it further by saying that Luxu is the Master of Xehanort and Eraqus. It'd give context as to why Luxu's Keyblade was mounted on the wall and why it as passed down to Xehanort, and, it would give validation of Xehanort's suspicion of Eraqus as Eraqus may know about the truth of Luxu and that he should be silent about certain matters to Xehanort. Plus, it's a way of linking Kingdom Hearts X to Kingdom Hearts III by doing this.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I love this theory, so much so that I want to expand upon it further by saying that Luxu is the Master of Xehanort and Eraqus. It'd give context as to why Luxu's Keyblade was mounted on the wall and why it as passed down to Xehanort, and, it would give validation of Xehanort's suspicion of Eraqus as Eraqus may know about the truth of Luxu and that he should be silent about certain matters to Xehanort. Plus, it's a way of linking Kingdom Hearts X to Kingdom Hearts III by doing this.

Your theory leads me to think something I've always thought of: Eraqus was the chosen Master to protect the Land of Departure. This might be the reason as to why he could very well know a lot more than what Xehanort already knew when they were younger, and why Xehanort teased him like that. But about the hanging Goatblade, I think it's there for the purpose of keeping it there. For all we know, perhaps Luxu hanged it there and started using the Master's Keeper and passed that one down. God knows why it's hanging there. I also sometimes think that perhaps Xehanort was banished from the LoD from getting his hands on that Keyblade. Like I said, I believe the Goatblade is being hanged from an entirely different reason. With that like of thinking, then Eraqus should have hanged his Keyblade and then pass it to Aqua, but that wasn't the case.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Your theory leads me to think something I've always thought of: Eraqus was the chosen Master to protect the Land of Departure. This might be the reason as to why he could very well know a lot more than what Xehanort already knew when they were younger, and why Xehanort teased him like that. But about the hanging Goatblade, I think it's there for the purpose of keeping it there. For all we know, perhaps Luxu hanged it there and started using the Master's Keeper and passed that one down. God knows why it's hanging there. I also sometimes think that perhaps Xehanort was banished from the LoD from getting his hands on that Keyblade. Like I said, I believe the Goatblade is being hanged from an entirely different reason. With that like of thinking, then Eraqus should have hanged his Keyblade and then pass it to Aqua, but that wasn't the case.

I don't think Master Xehanort was ever "banished" from the Land of Departure (as evident by his secret diary entries from Birth by Sleep). But as far as the Goatblade hanging on the mantle goes, it may be associated with too many bad memories for Luxu henceforth the reason as to why he no longer wields it. People can associate negativity with objects and that Keyblade may be a negative reminder of Luxu's past life.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'd actually like this!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'd actually like this!

I actually like Luxu ending up as Eraqus. It's even more tragic to live on from the war and end up nurturing the one that'll start the second one xD But realistically, Luxu could end up being as Master Luxu with youngs Eraqus and Xehanort as his apprentices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back