• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Watch: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Get your first look at the upcoming collection of Kingdom Hearts games, exclusively on PlayStation 4!

As previously announced, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX will be available in 60fps and on one disc.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX will launch March 9th 2017 in Japan, March 28th 2017 in North America, and March 31st 2017 in Europe.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Very short and sweet. Not much they can show since the last game (that's playable in the collection) came out in 2011 and the most recent content came out in 2014.

Wouldn't have minded some gameplay BUT I would hope they're going to showcase that in a special video, much like they did for DDD and 0.2 at E3 this year.

stareyedprince

Well that was... short.

Trailer was fine, but I do hope they show off the 60fps gameplay soon, not to mention this HD collection has the smallest announcement to release day window (about 4-5 months?) i've seen for KH, so they gotta market this as much as they can.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
People are going to complain but what else are they going to show at this point? Everyone wants that 60fps footage, but if they show that now, they'll have nothing else to show leading up to release. Save the footage of the gameplay for February or something right after 2.8 releases.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
People are going to complain but what else are they going to show at this point? Everyone wants that 60fps footage, but if they show that now, they'll have nothing else to show leading up to release. Save the footage of the gameplay for February or something right after 2.8 releases.
They could do a video series each month starting from PAX in January.

Each video would showcase a small part of a world in one of the games, or a compilation of scenes, showing off 60fps. So for example, one video could be a 60fps version of the pot mini-boss in Agrabah in KH1 whereas another could be one of the XIII mushrooms in KH2. I think that would be the best way to market the game since there's really not much else they can do.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
They could do a video series each month starting from PAX in January.

Each video would showcase a small part of a world in one of the games, or a compilation of scenes, showing off 60fps. So for example, one video could be a 60fps version of the pot mini-boss in Agrabah in KH1 whereas another could be one of the XIII mushrooms in KH2. I think that would be the best way to market the game since there's really not much else they can do.

They have three big points to market from, one of which is easily the weakest which is the "improved graphics". At a first glance, there is no true distinguishable difference and I don't expect there to be much difference overall. The other two are the 60fps, and the fact that the entire series is finally on one system. Your idea about the gameplay is great, and then all they need is one trailer explaining/showing the console spread over the years and that should be good.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
all of the cutscenes will be at 30fps, I reckon. That's how DDD is doing it. pretty boring trailer, but I'm sure someone had fun cutting it together

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
all of the cutscenes will be at 30fps, I reckon. That's how DDD is doing it. pretty boring trailer, but I'm sure someone had fun cutting it together
Are the DDD cutscenes 30fps? They looked the same as the gameplay, 60fps.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
While I agree that showing off all the games in 60fps would have been a bad choice on their part, they really should have put out something additional with the trailer. Show off KH1 with 60fps in End of the World or Hollow Bastion, or show off KH2 with 60fps in TWTNW or Cavern of Remembrance. Then just save footage of other areas and CoM/BbS for later. Hell, if they actually fixed BbS then they could show that off a month before to really wow bitches.

That being said, the trailer is what it is. I'm not that bothered by it.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
That was a TV spot at best.

There is no reason for 30fps cutscene, outside of cutscenes that are video files - so CoM, Days and coded should be 30 and the rest 60

Last edited by a moderator:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
In the long run, does it even matter all that much? this game is getting a release in March anyway. As they say, you can't put all your eggs in one basket. I suppose this trailer is more of an emphasis of how all the Kingdom Hearts games connect to one Chronicle.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i understand why people would dislike the trailer, i mean, look at how much they spoiled!

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Hmm. Maybe they could've called it the "Kingdom Hearts: HD ReMIX Collection"?

Highly unlikely I'll go for it. Even with the promise of some new content, doesn't seem like there'll be much if anything to make me want to buy this again only a few years after last buying 2.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back