• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: Terra in the RoD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Ok, this is not really a theory and more of a discussion to work things out. Some of this is based on things stated here in this video, which of course, I highly recommend. He's always quite detailed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7swFXDbxegw

But here is the 'theory':
Terra and Ven are not physically in the Realm of Darkness. They are just projects, but it is 'them'. Think of how Mickey appeared to Riku while he was in Castle Oblivion, or the unexplained occurrence of Terra and Ven's keyblade coming to save Aqua at the end of Birth by Sleep.

Here is the sketchy part: I think this is vaguely related to the script Nomura had Terra and Namine's VA act out during the concert, as Dean mentions in the video. Namine insists that Terra will be touched by a familiar light, and that he must guide Aqua so that she isn't confused by darkness. When he says he doesn't know how, Namine tells him to stop whining and figure it out. (not actually)

I kind of consider this event canon... but in the context of this theory, it could be just semi-canon. A metaphorical concept that Namine was able to stir Terra enough to project himself into the Realm of Darkness and that she possibly did the same for Ven. Timeline wise, it doesn't make a lick of sense. 0.2 clearly ends when the worlds are restored thanks to Sora. That is before Namine loses Sora's memories and starts to restore them in the first place. It's inconceivable that she'd be talking to a Terra of the past to ask that he help Aqua... in the past.

But if we take it as only metaphorical, that something guided Terra and Ven to go help Aqua out... I'm willing to accept that I guess.

Back on point, those 2 figures are Terra and Ven reaching out to help Aqua just like their keyblades. Terra is obviously still fighting his literal inner demon since Terranort shows up to crash the party. Ven cannot communicate properly and can lead her silently, like he's sleepwalking. (just like he lead her to the destroyed Land of Departure)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I thought so, too, but since the latest trailer, the part with Terra actually talking to Aqua confused me a bit. Like, he wonders if she can see him, but...wouldn't that be obvious if it were his intent?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
What if on his end, he's kind of popping in and out?

Take for example what happened in Castle of Dreams. Terra called her name, and then he turned into a barbie Ken doll and Aqua couldn't communicate with him.

It's possible that Terra's consciousness pops in and out. Like, when Aqua called Terra and Ven's names, Terra looked just as asleep as Ven did until he opened his eyes wider and turned around.

tumblr_ohxsfrPASj1simwbco1_400.gif

Poor Ven is barely there at all.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
True. So you think he might be trying to reach her without full control over this "body" he's producing in the realm of darkness?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Quite possibly. Like that semi-canon encounter with Namine, he said he doesn't know how to do that. Terra is probably literally reaching into the unknown hoping something will happen. If this is Terra's heart reaching out, then it also makes sense that Xehanort would find a way to follow and subdue him since Xehanort is a clingy creep.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Well I mean it happened in CoM, somehow, but that's partly why I'm not sure if they'd do that again. I dunno if I wouldn't be surprised in a negative way if that really were everything behind it, but I guess there are some clues suggesting it.

I don't know where the thought is coming from, but maybe she'll get closer to Ven being conscious the closer she gets to being saved by Sora? Like...seriously, they're not showing his dive for nothing and we know Ventus is still in Sora's heart, so...

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
That's just the thing, it's established that characters can do that (reach out like that). I think that makes it more likely.

I do wonder what's up with Ven... maybe she will get a stir out of him? Then again, by the time she reaches Ansem the Wise, it doesn't seem like she's had much contact at all with Ven or Terra's projections. Or, maybe she has and that's why she asks if it's them? As if she doesn't quite know their current conditions?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's just the thing, it's established that characters can do that (reach out like that). I think that makes it more likely.

I do wonder what's up with Ven... maybe she will get a stir out of him? Then again, by the time she reaches Ansem the Wise, it doesn't seem like she's had much contact at all with Ven or Terra's projections. Or, maybe she has and that's why she asks if it's them? As if she doesn't quite know their current conditions?

Indeed, we actually have seen characters "projecting" their form since KH 1 when Riku projected himself from Ansem SoD to stop him from harming Kairi, Donald and Goofy.
Now in Terra's case, since I think it is pretty assured that these projections are created and maintained by one's own heart, it would be plausible for him to not have full control over it or if it would be "unstable" since he has to devote very much focus and energy towards his constantly raging inner battle against Xehanort.
Depending on how much Eraqus is actually able to help, Terra dividing his attention and remaining mental/heart power like that might actually be a dangerous course of action to undertake.

As for Ventus, 0.2 takes place during the time of KH 1 as far as we know and if the scenes of Aqua and Mickey standing on the destroyed Destiny Islands are part of the finale, points further in the timeline like Days/CoM or KH 2 probably won't be addressed.
Thus, as far as we know by that time Ventus' heart was still deeply asleep and recuperating from the damage caused by the destruction of the proto-X-blade back in BBS, so it even being capable of creating and maintaining a projection into the RoD to reach Aqua is already a pretty noteworthy feat to do in itself.
The energy and focus Ven's heart has to put into creating and maintaining that projection would certainly be energy that isn't available for further recuperation.

On the other hand it is already ten years after BBS so it is possible that Ven's heart is already in a vastly better shape again and Aqua might be able to get some reaction or stir out of it.
We know that Roxas once accidentally accessed Ven's heart during Days to unlock the second Keyblade and dual-wielding, but we do not know if and how Ven's heart reacted to that.
What we do know is however that one year (and a few weeks) after 0.2/KH1/Days and KH2/Coded Ventus' heart was not only stirred and reacted more than once, it was also aware and active enough to consciously lend Ven's Keyblade Armor to Sora in order to ward off the Darkness and buy time for Sora to be rescued as well as actually having a measure of "control" of its body as it made the body smile when feeling Sora's happiness with the Dream Eaters.

So in regards to Ven it is practically a fifty-fifty deal in regards to if he will do more than sleepwalking and getting grabbed by dark Guardians. ;P

Another thing that maybe should be taken into consideration is that 0.2 falls into the time period of Sora sacrificing himself, becoming a Heartless and the birth of Roxas who we know had Ventus' heart for the year he was independent from Sora.
This may also have had some effects on Ventus' heart which may or may not be addressed indirectly in 0.2.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
As for Ventus, 0.2 takes place during the time of KH 1 as far as we know and if the scenes of Aqua and Mickey standing on the destroyed Destiny Islands are part of the finale, points further in the timeline like Days/CoM or KH 2 probably won't be addressed.
Thus, as far as we know by that time Ventus' heart was still deeply asleep and recuperating from the damage caused by the destruction of the proto-X-blade back in BBS, so it even being capable of creating and maintaining a projection into the RoD to reach Aqua is already a pretty noteworthy feat to do in itself.
The energy and focus Ven's heart has to put into creating and maintaining that projection would certainly be energy that isn't available for further recuperation.

On the other hand it is already ten years after BBS so it is possible that Ven's heart is already in a vastly better shape again and Aqua might be able to get some reaction or stir out of it.
We know that Roxas once accidentally accessed Ven's heart during Days to unlock the second Keyblade and dual-wielding, but we do not know if and how Ven's heart reacted to that.
What we do know is however that one year (and a few weeks) after 0.2/KH1/Days and KH2/Coded Ventus' heart was not only stirred and reacted more than once, it was also aware and active enough to consciously lend Ven's Keyblade Armor to Sora in order to ward off the Darkness and buy time for Sora to be rescued as well as actually having a measure of "control" of its body as it made the body smile when feeling Sora's happiness with the Dream Eaters.

So in regards to Ven it is practically a fifty-fifty deal in regards to if he will do more than sleepwalking and getting grabbed by dark Guardians. ;P

Another thing that maybe should be taken into consideration is that 0.2 falls into the time period of Sora sacrificing himself, becoming a Heartless and the birth of Roxas who we know had Ventus' heart for the year he was independent from Sora.
This may also have had some effects on Ventus' heart which may or may not be addressed indirectly in 0.2.

At the time of KH1, there's no way Ven was very aware of anything. As you said, if that is him projecting himself into the dark realm, the most he can even do is blink and walk around like a zombie. I doubt he'll even be able to speak to Aqua or say a word, let alone lift up his head to look at her. He's just doing what little he can to help her out.

I did have another theory on this, but looking back it doesn't make much sense whatsoever. I figured maybe the 'familiar light' Namine spoke of was Sora, or Ven inside Sora. From the... non-canon? class Sora and Lingering Will had, Terra was able to reach into the dark realm with Ven's help. But again, I realize this doesn't make much sense. All the stuff that happened in 0.2 would have already happened before Sora ever encounters Lingering Will in a clash that might not even be canon even though the Lingering Will the character is.

So moving on, building off of what you said... Ven's heart could actually be there after Sora sacrificed himself. Sora did mention that he was "Falling... Falling... into Darkness." Is it possible that in the process of becoming a nobody, ones body kinda takes a round trip and eventually forms into a being of nothingness?

Another thing to note is that the Terra and Ven Aqua runs into in the thorny area is not like the Terra she first encounters. They seem to be actual solid people. I only say this because the Guardian didn't just grab Ven, it's moving to grab Aqua too. It's not just an illusion that will sparkle when she touches it.

tumblr_ohvn8avzN21r02etoo2_540.gif

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
That's what I like to believe, too.
I think that one's the "real" Terra and not just a delusion of Aqua or an illusion of the RoD.
I'm less sure about Ven's role: in the trailer he does nothing and seems lifeless.
I can imagine something along these lines:

- Terra explains that he's here to help her and how is able to do so (maybe)
- He then introduces Ven, but explains he's still comatose and defenseless
- Ven gets kidnapped by kirabook's pic and that'll do for a saving friend sequence
or
- Ven will have another purpose and the grabbing part will be how he exits the scene for the game

Last edited:

Hirokey123

Awards
Huh so she is hallucinating a giant organization member then?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

If the theory that Ansem's Guardian is actually Terra's heart trapped in darkness is true, then I like to imagine that Terra's RoD projection will turn into the Guardian at some point and then this scene will happen.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't really see the signs of that thing being a coaty. And she's never seen the org coat or a coaty before, why hallucinate it?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
So, from the recent interview....

- In the final trailer we briefly see glimpses of Terra and Terra-Xehanort...

Nomura: For details please look forward to playing the game. By the way, at the Official Kingdom Hearts "First Breath" concert, we had a conversation read out vocally to the audience involving Namine and Terra. The Terra from the scene you mentioned is from events following that conversation.

So it has everything to do with that Namine conversation after all. How does this fit into things?? Blug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back