• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Goofy, Donald, Pete and Chip & Dale Kingdom Hearts Funko Pops releasing March 2017

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Another wave of pre-orders for Kingdom Hearts Funko POP figures and keychains have appeared in GameStop's system, set for release on March 15th 2017!

In the screenshot of an employee's screen, it shows plans for the release of Chip & Dale, Donald, Goofy, and Pete Funko POP figures alongside the Mickey figure that was initially discovered last week. There also appears to be a GameStop-exclusive Goofy Funko Pop figure in the works.

The Chip & Dale POP Figure will cost $18.99, the other POP Figures will cost $11.99, and the POP Keychains will cost $4.99.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Thanks to our friend Disney Dan for the tip!

Muke

whatever
Awards
"Kingdom Heart"
this is not how it works.

Eh, I guess it's nice? Every sort of KH Merchandise is awesome of course, but I doubt I will buy any of them

Muke

whatever
Awards
i rather wait and see if they make a sora,kairi or riku one
Siighh... or Aqua. Y'know... the protagonist who gets her own game in 2.8?
Where the fuck is the Aqua Stuff, I honestly am starting to think we won't get Aqua Merchandise in time for 0.2

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Maybe they're waiting for the KH titles on PS4 to re-ignite the interest before making the main characters ones?
Idk, I'm not really a marketing expert.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Siighh... or Aqua. Y'know... the protagonist who gets her own game in 2.8?
Where the diddly is the Aqua Stuff, I honestly am starting to think we won't get Aqua Merchandise in time for 0.2
aqua needs one as well even master xehanort needs one as well

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Maybe they're waiting for the KH titles on PS4 to re-ignite the interest before making the main characters ones?
Idk, I'm not really a marketing expert.

It'd be the lamest excuse if that was it. Kingdom Hearts characters on their own are well-loved. They could have had Sora and Riku at the very least, but it's still early and there could be plenty more in store. After all, the 15th anniversary year is going to be a long one.

Awards
Well this is nice....I guess. I would be more excited if it were KH3 Sora....or Aqua....or Ven....or Kairi.................or Aqua.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
It'd be the lamest excuse if that was it. Kingdom Hearts characters on their own are well-loved. They could have had Sora and Riku at the very least, but it's still early and there could be plenty more in store. After all, the 15th anniversary year is going to be a long one.

Maybe for Aqua they're waiting for the big PS4 game: BbS characters are already less famous outside of the fandom (BbS was 2011, and their only comeback was the 2.5 remix)
Or maybe they're trying to get more newcomers and expanding the buyers pool... as I said, this is just me speculating. I'd be fine for OG merch on the spot.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Maybe for Aqua they're waiting for the big PS4 game: BbS characters are already less famous outside of the fandom (BbS was 2011, and their only comeback was the 2.5 remix)
Or maybe they're trying to get more newcomers and expanding the buyers pool... as I said, this is just me speculating. I'd be fine for OG merch on the spot.
lol .

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
They are.
Sora, the poster boy, is known by people who had very little (if none at all) interaction with the franchise (just like a lot of non-Zelda fans know Link).
While BbS is undoubtedly another one of the most famous KH titles, the trio isn't quite as popular as Sora, Riku, or even Roxas.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Oh lord yes! SO happy we are getting more than just Mickey! Kind of surprised there isn't at least an Aqua to tie in with 2.8 though. I feel like Funko is targeting the regular iconic Disney characters right now because they are easier to market. While Sora is the main character and the poster child of the franchise, it's easier to test the waters with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy considering they are more mainstream and more recognizable even to people who haven't played or heard about the games before (because yes, there ARE many people who love Disney but have never heard of or seen anything on KH before).

We will more than likely get Sora, Riku, and Kairi eventually of course (and I do REALLY want them) seeing they are the main characters and Funko won't turn down the opportunity for more money, but it's entirely possible that they might be exclusives to particular retailers. Like, I could totally see all three of them being Hot Topic or GameStop exclusives, or at least have variants at those locations. I can also see Funko packing all three of them together in a three pack and giving them an early release or variants at the D23 Expo in July or something, seeing they did already confirm that they would have exclusives there.

Speaking of variants, I wonder what the Goofy variant will look like?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Even the chipmunks get merchandise before Aqua.

Interesting that it's all the Disney cast so far. It's a little surprising they haven't announced a Sora figure yet. It's actually kinda refreshing.
I wonder if Minnie and Daisy will also get figures. (I mean hey, if Chip and Dale are getting one.)

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
They are.
Sora, the poster boy, is known by people who had very little (if none at all) interaction with the franchise (just like a lot of non-Zelda fans know Link).
While BbS is undoubtedly another one of the most famous KH titles, the trio isn't quite as popular as Sora, Riku, or even Roxas.

I didn't know who AVT were until I actually played it about 2 months ago.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Please look forward to the preorder bonus for 1.5 + 2.5

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
No to mention, Funko will literally make every minor character and three hot topic variants of them wearing different glasses for any franchise with a little bit of klout. EVERYONE IS ON THE TABLE, PEEPS. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a gamestop promotion with 'em and preorders.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
No to mention, Funko will literally make every minor character and three hot topic variants of them wearing different glasses for any franchise with a little bit of klout. EVERYONE IS ON THE TABLE, PEEPS. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a gamestop promotion with 'em and preorders.

*ding ding ding* Exactly what I expect to happen. Funko LOVES to use as many characters as possible for many of these lines and they love their variants. They also listen to a lot of fan feedback and have been known to release characters based on that. We will at the very least get POPS for Sora, Riku, and Kairi if I had to assume. They are just using the Disney characters right now because they are more marketable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back