• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Watch the Final Trailer of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
In the atmosphere.
There are quite a lot of games like that, just the hero and the mission. Kind of like a Silent Hill setting, without the gore and horror.
The main reason why I love End of the World is that there's no secondary route nor npc interaction, it's just you and the darkness.
And Donald and Goofy (iirc).
Yeah, I'm aware there are many games like that, but again: Where's the fun in that? Nonexistent. Imo anyway. I don't want to play a game where you just gotta run through the world and beat the enemies and nothing else.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
And Donald and Goofy (iirc).
Yeah, I'm aware there are many games like that, but again: Where's the fun in that? Nonexistent. Imo anyway. I don't want to play a game where you just gotta run through the world and beat the enemies and nothing else.

Well, you can deconstruct every game and make it sound like it's the most boring thing ever: it all comes down to how it's executed.
And I didn't mean you can't do ANYTHING, just no interaction with other people. The feeling of being alone in an ordeal, is actually a pretty strong one. Then, I encourage every kind of gimmick, surely.

idk, we did it in the secret episode and it was boring as heck

Precisely what I was saying above. The Secret Episode was a bonus content, a side dish to the secret ending.
Naturally in an hypotetical full game on that setting I would expect much more diversity.

Hirokey123

Awards
Huh...you know that english sub trailer makes me notice a REALLY nice touch.

Aqua is remembering the time when she met Sora and Riku and what did she do that time? She didn't give Sora the keyblade so he wouldn't follow her path and instead had him promise that if Riku ever walked down a dark path alone he would watch out for him. Then it immediately cuts to the cutscene in DDD where Riku recaps how there was a time in his life where he talks about how Sora saved him once.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Hirokey, Sora saw Vanitas in DDD and it was the black-haired Sora.

Granted, Ven's heart is inside of Sora's--and IIRC, it was Ventus who was imagining Ven then, so you may have a point about only Ven see him that way--but just FYI:)

WHAT, TIM?!?!?! SORA SAID WHERE HE'S BEEN IS A SECRET?!?!?! Well, that's not suspicious at all. Maybe the people with the idea that Sora actually ends up saving Aqua in this game are right.

hlc1988

Awards
That trailer looks even more awesome when played on a big screen tv! So looking forward to playing this! Thank goodness I've booked 12 days off of work so I can enjoy this game!

H4Prez

This might be a reach out there, but did anyone consider that the Box contains the Lux the unions were gathering? The timing is obviously during the day and from KHX we know the final battle took place at night. If everyone spent the time gathering light and then clashed against each other with darkness in their hearts, wouldn't that be a huge gathering of light and darkness that would result in the birth of the X-blade. It could be Luxu or MoM watching in that scene overlooking the battle, and Kingdom Hearts appearing, ready to open the box. Our character in KHX fades into the Unchained right when Kingdom Hearts appears which would be why we never know of the events after that.

Hirokey123

Awards
I know these are VERY unlikely but my hope is Sora's secret is one of two things...

1. He's been trying to figure out how to bring the dream eaters with him so he never has to be apart from his beloved pets and we can use them in-game as summons.

2. He ran into Joshua and Joshua took Sora to Shibuya to participate in TWEWY 2.

@Luigi

See I am aware of that scene but that's supposed to be Ventus reacting to Vanitas making him visible, it's hard to tell if Sora sees it to but that was still a sight only possible because of Ventus. Like I said I don't think it's the case I just have always acknowledged it as a possibility Nomura could pull on us because he deliberately made sure Vanitas has only ever been seen on screen by Ventus. Every other time he was masked, his mask was off but his face off screen, or he was in Ven's body.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
"May our hearts be our guiding key." Is this the "may the force with you" of KH?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I have kinda accepted the models for this game will look bad :(

Welp...looks like i'll have to get used to the models.

I can't say i like how they look..pretty disappointing really.

Tbh, this makes Sora look worse than it did in the trailer.
I am quite fine with the models actually, with the only glaring one being Terra somewhat, as Aqua looks fine and in the next scene with Aqua and Mickey i think they look gorgeous.

I concur that they aren't the best, but they aren't awful. Some graphical parts just lack texture layers, which is why they aren't that great [especially faces and shirts (Terra's shirt jfc why)]. Sora's face at the end is just....hmm.. is perhaps not animated proportionally. His wide smile and head nod makes things all too awkward.

Thank you Muke! As usual, the voices are overplayed on events with no one speaking. It wouldn't be a KH trailer without this trickery hehe.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Ok, apparently there were no stats showed when you select the accessories, so maybe they don't influence those.
I don't think, in this day and age, that they would've added stat changes without showing them.

Mh, so the sentence Mom says Aqua already heard it (probs byu Eraqus)?
Lastly, I love the VA for the MoM so much. I hope he speaks a lot.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Not to pivot this conversation back to character customization...but Nomura just made his 2nd Anniversary artwork probably a hint at what's to come.

Kingdom-Hearts-X-2nd-Anniversary-Limited-Edition-Postcard.jpg

Also, so much has been or is being discussed that I feel I can't contribute original ideas too (which is good, you guys cover lots of ground) so I'll just say that I want Disney to start selling Riku's luggage as real luggage. If Final Fantasy can partner with designer clothing lines in Japan...I want that luggage.

EDIT: Based on the customization options featured for Aqua ("Head, Arms, Back, Pattern, Color"), I don't think we'll be getting bikini or skimpy options anytime soon.

Last edited:

hlc1988

Awards
I fully expect 2.8 probably isn't finished yet though will be in a few weeks time. It's likely that trailer was made a while back so it is very possible they were still making technical improvements. Just thought I'd lay it out there that the game may not be finished just yet... or wasn't when this trailer was made.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Not to pivot this conversation back to character customization...but Nomura just made his 2nd Anniversary artwork probably a hint at what's to come.

Kingdom-Hearts-X-2nd-Anniversary-Limited-Edition-Postcard.jpg

Also, so much has been or is being discussed that I feel I can't contribute original ideas too (which is good, you guys cover lots of ground) so I'll just say that I want Disney to start selling Riku's luggage as real luggage. If Final Fantasy can partner with designer clothing lines in Japan...I want that luggage.

EDIT: Based on the customization options featured for Aqua ("Head, Arms, Back, Pattern, Color"), I don't think we'll be getting bikini or skimpy options anytime soon.

Roxas costume for Sora confirmed for KH3 xD Though it would be awesome if we got to wear an Organization coat in KH3.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
idk, we did it in the secret episode and it was boring as heck

The KH series also isn't really the type of game for such a scenario after all.

Please just dont give me any confusing shit including Vanitas or Venitas in Ven's body or anything like that.

Why so complicated?
Let's look at which time period we are there and what might happened there that involved Ventus.
There are actually two principal events that can be worth examined in this context depending on what happened in the RoL at the same time:
The first and more likely event is of course Sora turning into a Heartless. As we know Sora's body vanished and reappeared as Roxas in Twilight Town. Ventus' heart is heavily implied to remain with Sora's body and thus, during the time between Sora's sacrifice and Roxas' being fully created it is certainly possible for Ventus to make an appearance in the RoD.
The second event would be around the time of Days when Roxas accidentally accesses Ventus' heart and possibly stirs it. Of course, that part would only work if 0.2. covers parts of the timeline beyond KH 1 and the sealing of the door to darkness.

A little late, but thanks for the screenshots Seph.

I don't know, that's still No Heart's symbol, Xemnas and Luxu's Keyblade's armour.

No issue, I'm actually glad they may finally get noticed as these captured scenes do have quite the discussion potential in them, each one of them.

The symbol is also on the white thrones very prominently, I have more of a hunch that this spiky-13 symbol is either the emblem of the true X-blade or of the "original" Seekers of Darkness from the x-era.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I have more of a hunch that this spiky-13 symbol is either the emblem of the true X-blade or of the "original" Seekers of Darkness from the x-era.

A member noticed that the inward spikes of the emblem make seven, so it's possible the emblem is for both factions, the xblade, or just the Seekers' emblem. Other than that, KHx's ending featured the encounter between the Guardians and Seekers, though we have to wonder if that was the first historic encounter, or the second one with Sora and Xehanrot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back