• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Watch the Final Trailer of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alr67

Awards
That's literally his normal clothing, lol.

Where is the T-Shirt with red sleeves?

MXZ5esX.png

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I think Nomura says more news at midday/noon (Japan time) not midnight.
Sorry I made you wait. About 1 month later I released the final trailer of "KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8" released on January 12, 2017. By the way there is also some news tomorrow at noon and 12 o'clock. @ Nomura #

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
There's literally so much new and possibly interesting in this short trailer that is worth discussing about, but what actually IS discussed?
A mere accessory/dress-up feature that most likely is just for fun and completely optional anyways.
Some weird priorities I have to admit...

Welcome to the Kingdom Hearts community, where assessories makes someone triggered.

Everything else in this trailer and someone thinks Aqua is ruined by a optional feature that was used in UX.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just a quick reminder that "sexualization" doesnt mean that the character has to run around half naked or anything. Theres way more to it than that.

That is true, but there appeared to be a few diverse adornments for Aqua besides the more feminine ones. The shoulder armor looked pretty cool.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the feature was "oh, like if somebody were dressing up to go to Disneyland".

It is rather offensive when you take the feature on its own with just Aqua, but again I don't think this is a one-off feature only Aqua will have. And there was likely no inherent ill will from them creating the feature.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
this is what i got from the trailer

- whats in the box
- MoM booped invi on the snoot
- aced wants to drown everyone's goldfish
- xehanort likes touching people's faces
- mickey and aqua play shadow fruitball
- aqua is hotter than usual
- sora gets turned into a figure AGAIN

also am i the only one that likes the look of the character models? it gives me a saturday morning cartoon feel.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It just hit me that Kingdom Key D is probably Eraqus' keyblade. I mean how else do they even fit in a subplot about Mickey getting a 2nd keyblade at this point?

CrystalRaine

No, that's his normal Disney canon outfit, just the red shorts with no shirt. It's how he appeared in the ending of KH1:

latest

So it basically confirms that part of 0.2 takes place directly after the ending of KH1, with Mickey and Riku in the Realm of Darkness.

Muke

whatever
Awards
It just hit me that Kingdom Key D is probably Eraqus' keyblade. I mean how else do they even fit in a subplot about Mickey getting a 2nd keyblade at this point?
That's the Keyblade of the RoD though, so nah I don't think it's Eraqus'

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
How is it sexualising?

I mean I think I get where you are coming from, but I'm pretty certain this will also be a feature that can be used by Sora in KH3. 0.2 is essentially a vertical slice of KH3, so almost everything we are seeing gameplay wise is meant to be reflected in KH3 as well. They aren't going to build systems for one super short game on UE4 and not have it in the full one.

Also I don't really think it is sexualizing her at all. It would be something if we were dressing her up like Lightning and Aqua was devoid of any personality but these are silly adornments you see in a lot of games.

Why would she have a new outfit in 0.2 when she is in a literal "Dark World"? You are taking this feature too seriously. It looks optional at that.

Well, her accessoires are quite...extra feminine...cant deny that. Same problem LR FFXIII had.

I am not saying it shouldn't exist because people obviously like customising their character, it just looks ugly to me for the reasons stated and the fact that it seems out of character (and lore) for Aqua to be wearing... cat ears. It makes as much sense as this did for Lightning

Lighting-Returns-Outfits.jpg
final-fantasy-13lightning-returns-final-fantasy-14-outfit.png

And to the "bikini comment", it's Disney, so they won't allow it.

PS. It's funny and depressing that everyone stuck to the customisation comment and not the "models are plastic" issue which is FAR more important.

Muke

whatever
Awards
No, that's his normal Disney canon outfit, just the red shorts with no shirt. It's how he appeared in the ending of KH1:

latest

So it basically confirms that part of 0.2 takes place directly after the ending of KH1, with Mickey and Riku in the Realm of Darkness.
Did you mean me? I was talking about his CoM clothing, I'm aware of all of that lol

@Lnds: it doesn't matter if it's out of character, this is literally optional.

Alr67

Awards
That is his CoM clothing, not his Disney clothing. :D Mickey has several LH-only outfits

Just check the previous image and compare, he has no t-shirt. I'm not discussing from which game the outfit is, just saying that by some reason he seems to lose his t-shirt during its time in the RoD.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I loved that Riku and Mickey had backed belongings for their adventure in KH3. Though I'm curious when they both had time to get their stuff, lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I am not saying it shouldn't exist because people obviously like customising their character, it just looks ugly to me for the reasons stated and the fact that it seems out of character (and lore) for Aqua to be wearing... cat ears. It makes as much sense as this did for Lightning

Lighting-Returns-Outfits.jpg
final-fantasy-13lightning-returns-final-fantasy-14-outfit.png

And to the "bikini comment", it's Disney, so they won't allow it.

PS. It's funny and depressing that everyone stuck to the customisation comment and not the "models are plastic" issue which is FAR more important.

I can understand it from a lore POV because it does strike an odd visual of her going through literal hell with little wings on her back, but chi/UX set the precedent. That game is afros and costumes everywhere with a bunch of kids going to war over light. UX and what they are implementing in 0.2 are not that different.

We've exhausted the graphics topic so much in the past, though. This appears to be the aesthetic they are going for which is sad and I agree with you on that. Muke did ask you, though.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Just check the previous image and compare, he has no t-shirt. I'm not discussing from which game the outfit is, just saying that by some reason he seems to lose his t-shirt during its time in the RoD.
I explained to you that that is his normal Disney outfist. He is not losing his shirt, this is just prove that this plays before the end of KH1 or after the end of KH1

Spockanort said:
Muke did ask you though.
Did I do something wrong? Lol kinda confused

DanX

Sorry I made you wait. About 1 month later I released the final trailer of "KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8" released on January 12, 2017. By the way there is also some news tomorrow at noon and 12 o'clock. @ Nomura #
Google translate translation is off, he says "12:00 at noon".

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
That is true, but there appeared to be a few diverse adornments for Aqua besides the more feminine ones. The shoulder armor looked pretty cool.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the feature was "oh, like if somebody were dressing up to go to Disneyland".

It is rather offensive when you take the feature on its own with just Aqua, but again I don't think this is a one-off feature only Aqua will have. And there was likely no inherent ill will from them creating the feature.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not offended by the accessoiries or anything. I just think that saying "it isnt sexualizing because shes not wearing a bikini" is a very dangerous statement and I dont care if people think that discussing things like that is childish, un-needed or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back