• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Dengeki Online features four page spread on Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Dengeki Online's latest magazine has gone on sale, and in it is a four page spread on Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. The renders for KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage – and KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi] Back Cover were released yesterday and can be viewed here.

Remember to view the images in their full size in a new tab!

Translations via Goldpanner!

KINGDOM HEARTS HD II.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE

PS4 | Expected Release Jan 12 2017 | RPG | Square Enix | 6800 yen (+ tax) | Director: Tetsuya Nomura

>The end of three paths, and beyond… 

Presenting the latest info on this three-in-one title! These three stories, set in different eras and different lands, lead into the awaiting-completion newest title Kingdom Hearts (hereon KH) III

>Shedding light on the details you want to know about the three titles!

As it holds an important place connecting the KH series so far to the long-awaited new title KHIII, this title is drawing high expectations. Let's check out the main points of the three titles included, as well as the latest information.

TITLE 01: KINGDOM HEARTS HD DREAM DROP DISTANCE

>Introducing the seven worlds and battle gameplay

Sora: Wielder of a 'Keyblade' that can open any lock, he receives a letter from the King and sets off with Riku to see Yen Sid. There he learns of the Mark of Mastery Examination.

Riku: A keyblade wielder who cares about Sora, and fights by his side. Sights set on becoming a Keyblade Master, he sets out on a new adventure with Sora.

KH 3D [Dream Drop Distance], released in 2012, has been remastered in HD and now runs at 60fps, achieving glassy-smooth action. The plot features Sora and Riku as protagonists, and depicts them challenging the Keyblade Master Mark of Mastery Examination so that they may stand up to the encroaching darkness. In order to pass the exam, they must unlock the seven Sleeping Keyholes and acquire new powers! Thus, the two of them set off on a journey to slumbering Disney worlds.

[Bunch of world intros we played this game already we know]

[Gameplay

-you get punted between sora and riku

- free flow action is fast

- link attacks

-spirit raising

-reality shift] 

TITLE 03: KINGDOM HEARTS KEY BACK COVER

>Let's check out the major characters weaving the tale!

The mystery-packed story of the Foretellers and the things happening behind the scenes in smartphone app KH Unchained Key is included as a cinematic work. Set in the earliest era of the series so far, a short story that is very important to the future of the KH series unfolds.

>A traitor among the five Foretellers?!

The plot unfolds with the five Foretellers, leaders of the five forces known as the Unions, at the center. With whispers that there is a traitor among them, the balance gradually collapses under suspicion and doubt.

Master of Masters

The teacher of the Foretellers. He seems to have an evasive personality, and nobody can tell whether all the off-the-wall things he says and does are simple whims, or calculations.

Ira - Unicornis Union

Someone with a solid personality, who hides his face with a unicorn mask. He's teased by the Master for being serious.

[He's studying the Heartless? There's something like a Darkside on that page.]

Gula - Leopardos Union

Someone with a cool personality, who wears a leopard mask. He doesn't have a strong sense of camaraderie, and occasionally shows an individualistic side. A lone-wolf type who hates being bound by particulars?

[It seems that the Tome of Prophecy he received from the Master contains events that will happen in the future, but...]

Ava - Vulpes Union

Someone who seems to have a kind personality, who wears a fox mask. As she is close in age to the Keyblade Wielders, they often speak to her on a friendly level.

[There's a suspicious side to the Master? What sort of resolution is in store, indeed.]

Aced - Ursus Union

Someone with a brave personality, who wears a bear mask. There's a strong side of him that cares too much about strength, and he tends to get carried away with baring his feelings and personal justice. Sometimes he even opposes his friends?

[The type to get fired up over anything? It seems as though he is the angriest upon finding out about the 'traitor'.]

Invi - Anguis Union

Someone with a noble personality, who hides her face with a snake mask. She has the utmost faith in her teacher the Master, and bases her actions as a Foreteller upon her unshakeable loyalty.

[She sometimes takes stock of the situation while concealing her true feelings? She is someone with that sort of deeply thoughtful atmosphere.]

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
does it look it gula talking to skuld and to the player in that picture?

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
The Fortetellers all look so gorgeous. I'm so hyped for Back Cover.

Seriously.

Anyway, is that Ava or Gula in the background of that one Invi picture? I can't tell. I think it's Ava?

Invi, I'm getting some not so good feelings about you, girl. Go to your room.

Does anyone know what Ava's saying, by the way?

And you know... I sort of thought the theorists that thought Aced was asking Ava and Invi to join an alliance with him were wrong (I thought it was Gula he was referring to and not Invi), but now I'm not so sure. Invi's in the same place that Aced and Ava are when he was telling Ava that, so maybe it is Invi that he meant as the third person.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i really hope skully is in backcover i mean understand the scene of skuld and the player might be in backcover but there got to be ephemer and skuld scenes in backover plus i want to hear skuld voice

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
It's the lovely Ava :)

Thank you, Chaser!

You know, I'm really interested in seeing what Ava and Invi's relationship is going to be like. So far it seems pretty dynamic, and I hope that it stays that way.

Because on one hand, you have Ava chewing Invi out in that one scene with, "Did you stop for a second to consider that your actions could be making things worse than they already are?!" (Or whatever the exact quote is.)

But at the end of Chi, Invi says how Ava raised a good kid. And you would almost think that if she was her enemy--or maybe at all mad at Ava for how she had treated her before--she wouldn't have said this, even if it was true. But she really seems to show respect for Ava in this instance.

IDK. So far the little bit we've seen of their interactions just really fascinate me:D

Also, I've been meaning to tell you that I love your Luna signature to death, Chaser. I adore it so very much^_^

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Okay Is it me but i getting sora and kairi vibes from the scenes of Ava and gula the way are both looking down Like how sora and kairi all the time

Muke

whatever
Awards
Man, I'm really excited for the Ava-Invi relationship. I don't know why -- maybe it's because Invi didn't have a major role in X.
Would also be nice to finally see two original female KH characters other than Naminé and Kairi/Xion/Larxene talk to each other, lol.

@Goso; I mean, everyone looks down once or twice. It's just a sign of sadness - which is also why people say "heads up".
So, nah, I don't really see a similarity. ^__^

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm hype for Invi. Still barely know anything personal about her, yet I find her so fascinating.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
But at the end of Chi, Invi says how Ava raised a good kid. And you would almost think that if she was her enemy--or maybe at all mad at Ava for how she had treated her before--she wouldn't have said this, even if it was true. But she really seems to show respect for Ava in this instance.
I don't think that line really holds any deep significance into Invi's relationship with Ava. Invi's line in KHx is union dependent. As in, she will say that whoever your union leader is raised a good kid, so it's not really a look into any particular relationship because it changes based on what union you are in.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I figured since both of them look - more or less - frontal, I could do a comparison.
I placed Invi's mask on top of Aqua, and this is what happened:

APmAIVR.jpg

They DO have a similar face structure.

Luxu

Awards
Man, I'm really excited for the Ava-Invi relationship. I don't know why -- maybe it's because Invi didn't have a major role in X.

I think the relationship would start off close (Like all the other Foretellers, the two Black Coats included) but they begin to branch off and distrust one another after the leaving of the Black Coats. Invi seems like a really caring person as well, a lot like Aqua... *X-Files Music plays in the background*

LightUpTheSky452 said:
You know, I'm really interested in seeing what Ava and Invi's relationship is going to be like. So far it seems pretty dynamic, and I hope that it stays that way.

It is going to be a dynamic relationship, I am calling it now! I also feel as if they had a close friendship.

Because on one hand, you have Ava chewing Invi out in that one scene with, "Did you stop for a second to consider that your actions could be making things worse than they already are?!" (Or whatever the exact quote is.)

You have it almost correct, replace "stop" with "think". But Invi must have done something bad, or gotten blamed for something.

As sad as I am to say this, The Player isn't considered a canon character. Because the lack of any set appearance and name, but if they do appear in the movie and become relevant (As relevant as Ephemer(a) and Skuld) I would infer that their canon union would be Vulpes. But the line Invi says varies on union, so if you where in Gula's Union. She would say "Gula raised a good kid".

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Goldpanner's translations in the OP!

Would have had them up sooner except I got a bit busy with life. Soz guys!!!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
it alright chaser and thank you goldplaner for the transtions :) oh boy this backcover it going to be intresing though

Muke

whatever
Awards
THANKS FOR THE TRANSLATIONS

"[She sometimes takes stock of the situation while concealing her true feelings? She is someone with that sort of deeply thoughtful atmosphere.]"
me said:
A person who is covering their mouth is often represented as a liar: As if they're trying to prevent the deceitful words from being said.
A mask is usually used to conceal emotions. Invi is both lying and concealing her emotions.

Does this prove my theory of why Invi is covering her mouth (concealing her feelings)? Do I get the award?
Seems I was right about her loyalty, too!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
THANKS FOR THE TRANSLATIONS

"[She sometimes takes stock of the situation while concealing her true feelings? She is someone with that sort of deeply thoughtful atmosphere.]"

Does this prove my theory of why Invi is covering her mouth (concealing her feelings)? Do I get the award?
Seems I was right about her loyalty, too!
lol no your dead on about invi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back