• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Screenshots!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Two new screenshots for KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage- have been released through Famitsu. One depicts Mickey as he informs Riku and Kairi of his encounter with Aqua in the Realm of Darkness, and the other of Aqua in the middle of a forest.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

appleboy82791

Awards
These look really good. I'm glad to see the improvements to Mickey's look specifically.

But I wonder what exactly Mickey is telling Riku and Kairi... Hmmmmm... I guess I'll have to wait another 70 days to find out.

Hirokey123

Awards
Man Mickey has had a LOT of improvement, if they toned down the shine on his face a bit more he be perfect.
The fact we can see up Aqua's sleeve is incredible weird feeling, like it almost lets you picture her without them which just feels wrong.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
mickey look like mickey and aqua is bae in the picture

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
No, Mickey does not look how he usually does. Even in normal Disney 3D models, he has those cut fluffy thick cheeks.
He just looks strange imo.

DefiantHeart

Awards
No, Mickey does not look how he usually does. Even in normal Disney 3D models, he has those cut fluffy thick cheeks.
He just looks strange imo.

Agreed. Mickey kinda does still look a bit off, though chu can tell they've put in more effort to make him look better. Ish hard to say exactly why.

@Hirokey123: Honestly, I think ish better this way, makes Aqua look more exposed to the darkness of the realm of darkness this way, which suits the plot perfectly in my opinion.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Of course this is a major improvement and all, but I just feel like they're trying too hard to make Mickey look more like a real mouse.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Okay, if Aqua is going back to Enchanted Dominion, then there is no longer a doubt in my mind - 0.2 is gonna probably end up connecting directly to chi/Unchained chi.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Crappy Paint edit powers go!
2KEjYfR.png

Muke

whatever
Awards
Eh, I also feel like they should make Aqua's... sleeve-thingy a bit thicker, so it doesn't seem as thin. Like... it just looks strange.

Edit: Now THAT'S more I like it, Fudge!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Okay, if Aqua is going back to Enchanted Dominion, then there is no longer a doubt in my mind - 0.2 is gonna probably end up connecting directly to chi/Unchained chi.
It would be perfect, cosidering Back Cover is in the collection.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Yeah, I can't lie, even with any improvements, they still haven't "Mastered" (hohoho) Mickey's iconic look. It's a very simple design, but easy to get askew. I don't mind the original characters looking a tad different, but the Disney designs should remain faithful. Considering how well they have made him look in-game and with CGI, it's a wonder why they can't quite successfully capture his likeness here.

Awards
I don't see anything wrong with Aqua's sleeve. Maybe it's just the angle.

As for Mickey....I have nothing other than how are they able to make Donald and Goofy 100% accurate but leave Mickey at like 98%

Okay I think I know what the problem with Mickey is. They're trying to have him express more emotions without having him look like there's a smile just stuck on his face despite him looking sad or something. Unfortunately, Mickey is pretty tricky to animate without dimples in the 3D realm, unless you're the Steamboat Willie style Mickey or Epic Mickey. Also, a lot of people are used to Mickey having the dimples that are a part of his trademark smile. Take those out, and yeah people are bound to say that something's off.

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Whoa, Mickey sure has improved from the last time we saw him. He is looking pretty good now.

Aqua`s model in the Jumps scan also looked really good,she is so pretty and fabulous. Man, every time when new info about 2.8 surfaces I am torn between this inner conflict:

102qslv.jpg

35lbx8j.jpg

Last edited:

Rix

:)
Awards
Yeah, Mickey looks a bit off to me too.

The "forest" looks more like thorns to me, so I guess Aqua is in Enchanted Dominion.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, I can't lie, even with any improvements, they still haven't "Mastered" (hohoho) Mickey's iconic look. It's a very simple design, but easy to get askew. I don't mind the original characters looking a tad different, but the Disney designs should remain faithful. Considering how well they have made him look in-game and with CGI, it's a wonder why they can't quite successfully capture his likeness here.

Yeah, he kind of looks like an egg. A shiny egg.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i do agree mickey need some more work but rember this the first we seen mickey so it going to be hard to make that iconic mickey look in unreal engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back