• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Shinji Hashimoto discusses KH2.8, 2.9, and more at Lucca Comics & Games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Earlier this month, Kingdom Hearts series producer Shinji Hashimoto discussed various aspects of the Kingdom Hearts series. GamerClick.it uploaded the panel, which can be watched under [READ MORE]

Hashimoto assured fans that Kingdom Hearts χ: Back Cover would fill the time gap that exists in the series and would be accessible to everyone, including those who haven't played Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ.

As for Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 0.2, Hashimoto confirmed that the story presented in the game, which follows Aqua in the Realm of Darkness, will be connected to Kingdom Hearts III and will clarify several unanswered questions from the series. Despite early rumours of a Kingdom Hearts 2.9, Hashimoto denied that it would ever be a thing!

Hearing the voices of fans who are confused by the convoluted plot of Kingdom Hearts, Hashimoto reassured fans that they can get caught up with the entire plot of the Kingdom Hearts series in March 2017, when Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX will be released. That means the plot for the entire Kingdom Hearts series will be available on Playstation 4 early next year.

Following this presentation, Hashimoto answered questions from the audience. In regards to the length of Kingdom Hearts 0.2, Hashimoto asserts that the length of the short adventure depends on the player's skill. He also answered a question about the advantages of Kingdom Hearts on the Playstation 4, and boasted that 1.5 + 2.5 will have differences from the Playstation 3 version, especially in terms of graphics.

You can read the full untranslated report, which includes information on several Final Fantasy titles, on GamerClick.it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
To be fair the theme naming of the KH series titles is somewhat unorthodox, lol.

It neat to hear though that 0.2 will connect several more dots in the series and answer some of the mysteries and by that reducing the load on KH III itself.

I'm also intrigued as to what Hashimoto means by stating that X Back Cover will "fill the time gap" in the series. Does that mean Back Cover will address more than just the struggle of the Foretellers and the events leading up to the first Keyblade War?
Will we actually witness the "reorganisation" of the universe after the war and the shattering of the original X-blade?
Will the teased appearances of both Maleficent and Ventus in Unchained also play a role in Back Cover?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I think the things I'm most interested in about this are the fact that Back Cover is going to fill in the time gap, and the unanswered questions in 0.2. I wonder if that means that Back Cover will connect to BBS and show exactly what all took place between then and the time of Eraqus and Xehanort?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I've never cared much about the naming conversions of the series? The only thing that gets me is trying to figure out what exactly it means (Birth by Sleep for example essentially means starting over fresh. Or it could mean there is no death, just sleep. Or the other reasons that have come up over the years)

Whereas some other series have crazy long names and subtitles, their localization usually simplify it, while the KH team doesn't care and keeps it as it. Lol

Muke

whatever
Awards
I love the names and I hate those extremely long jokes. Ugh

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Whereas some other series have crazy long names and subtitles
MELTY BLOOD: Actress Again: Current Code: Hologram Summer Again, Tri Hermes Black Land is a title I recently became acquainted with.

And my personal favorite, Summertime High School. A Young Man's Notes - How a New Exchange Student Like Myself Ran into his Childhood Friend on the School Tour, then for Some Reason Became Super-popular with the Girls for his Daily Scoops on the School Photography Club even though he Only Takes Panty Shots, and What he Thinks as he Goes on Dates During his Summer of Island School Life.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I doubt the jokes will stop anytime soon though sadly. It makes me think these peoples don't know any many other games, or Japanese games or something. I don't know. I don't know TOO many Japanese games either but I still know this isn't abnormal.

Sorarocks93

Awards
I love the names and I hate those extremely long jokes. Ugh

Yeah same here. What's worse is that sometime people don't know what the names mean and say it's random crap that makes no sense.

Zeto

Awards
yassss I don't have to play Unchained X to get the lore of Back Cover! My dying question since 2.8 was announced.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
yassss I don't have to play Unchained X to get the lore of Back Cover! My dying question since 2.8 was announced.
dont forget though backcover though it going to tell the fortellers point of view not the player point of view so everthing after the war wont be told probally

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
It neat to hear though that 0.2 will connect several more dots in the series and answer some of the mysteries and by that reducing the load on KH III itself.

I'm also intrigued as to what Hashimoto means by stating that X Back Cover will "fill the time gap" in the series. Does that mean Back Cover will address more than just the struggle of the Foretellers and the events leading up to the first Keyblade War?
Will we actually witness the "reorganisation" of the universe after the war and the shattering of the original X-blade?
Will the teased appearances of both Maleficent and Ventus in Unchained also play a role in Back Cover?
malefiecet has notihng to do with the fortellers since that took place after the war

(sorry for the double post can an mod edit my post togther thank you)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
They also talk about the elevator myth and how it was actually Disney who approached them, gasp, told y'all

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
They also talk about the elevator myth and how it was actually Disney who approached them, gasp, told y'all

That justifies the copyright of the Kingdom Hearts series belonging to Disney. Was it a Disney of Japan or Disney of America representative who approached Shinji Hashimoto?

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
They're actually improving the graphics? Huh, so a remake of a remake. Interesting to see what exactly will change.

Xagzan

Awards
Well I don't much care about minor graphical upgrades, but if there's anything more substantial like glitch fixing, soundtrack selection, or a theater mode for KH1, I'll be hard pressed to resist getting this....though I probably wouldn't play it for at least another 5 years.

Also KHI, your new banner makes me sad. I like Aqua, but it just reminds me how Kairi's been treated :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back