• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 Coming to Playstation 4!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I don't have a problem with the trophies. They're just bragging rights.

Also and yeah we know it comes with the territory...

People thinking this is affecting kh3 or delaying or seemingly making bad long title jokes....

I need a break, I just want 1.5 and 2.5 back

Muke

whatever
Awards
Wellp, guess it's my turn to platinum this… heck of a game.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
This is certainly true. The trophy audience isn't that huge, but it is definitely a selling point for a number of people. Plus, I'm sure it's easier for the devs just to have a new trophy list rather than sync it all with the old one. My trophies are still a disaster though.

Cross-save is probably a bigger selling point than "look trophy hunters, we made a new list for you!" though.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
WTF IS HAPPENING TODAY THERE IS SO MUCH NEWS OMFG!!!?!?!?

I am VERY excited to see these games getting ported to PS4. This means that we will have all Kingdom Hearts titles (minus Unchained) on at least one current gen system. It will be easier to bring in new fans and fans that haven't played the games in years this way and just makes the overall franchise a little more consistant instead of having all the games on different systems. My friends that have been wanting to get back into the series can FINALLY play the games now, and it being 60 FPS is a very nice plus!

As for the trophies, some games synch their trophies between versions and others don't. I really would rather not do all of that over again (*flashbacks of lingering will and the data battles on KH2 critical mode*...*shivers*) but I still want the PS4 ports regardless.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Huh...and it kind of sounds like Alyson not Hayden.
I'm 90% sure it's Hayden, and that it's an alternate line that they never used, more specifically I think it's the line at the end of KH that Kairi says during the montage that was never localized. Now I can see why they didn't use it.

kingsoraful

Awards
I can't wait to play this on the PS4 Pro. I only imagine it will look better on it.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I really hope they zoom out the camera for BBS so it doesn't feel like an up scaled PSP/Vita game and also allow us to use the original coloring scheme for the heartless, at least in KHI.It should also go without saying that the lag/freezing and the Xemnas glitch need to be fixed, if it isn't I'm not buying the game regardless, that'd be completely [FONT=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]unacceptable as it pretty much already was.

I'm hyped though, here's hoping I can earn some extra platinum but it would be cool with cross savegames
[/FONT]

Lord Sora

Awards
I haven't had a playstation before. (Now you're probably wondering how I even got into this fandom lol) But this might actually be the perfect chance for me to finally getting one.

appleboy82791

Awards
A lot of people are saying it's probably a waste because they already have the PS3 versions. To that I say... whaaaaaat? it's KH! How could it possibly be a waste? (although, I usually go overboard when it comes to KH. I have multiple copies of every version of every game. And yes, I have played through them all multiple times.)

You bet your ass I'm getting this. And I will absolutely be doing 100% completions for every one of them just like I did with the PS3 versions. Plus, it's all going to be in 60 fps! I know that doesn't matter to a lot of people, but I absolutely love it. I've been dying to get all of KH in 60 fps!

I know none of these games were originally made for any Xbox console, but I do find it very strange that they're not taking this opportunity to port it to the Xbox One as well. Obviously, one of the big reasons they're doing this is to allow everyone to be able to play all KH games before KH3. I imagine the Xbox audience for KH3 is going to be pretty abysmal. They won't get 1.5,2.5 or 2.8. I dunno, maybe SE has some kind of Xbox port planed for later on but I doubt it.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Not expecting any extra content to sweeten the deal besides a single secret ending or so. And this means we're not getting III till 2018, doesn't it? :/

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Not expecting any extra content to sweeten the deal besides a single secret ending or so. And this means we're not getting III till 2018, doesn't it? :/
It doesn't necessarily mean that. If anything, it might point to it coming out to 2017 even more. Release the collection at the start of the year to build up hype and get ready for KH3 at the end of the year.

appleboy82791

Awards
It doesn't necessarily mean that. If anything, it might point to it coming out to 2017 even more. Release the collection at the start of the year to build up hype and get ready for KH3 at the end of the year.

That's actually what I was thinking. Although I'm not letting myself believe that. I'm not going to hold my breath just to find out that it won't be until 2018. But I'll allow myself a little glimmer of hope for 2017.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I too would love if we would get a new box art, but if not I am not too bummed. But man, glad that this is finally coming, and even in 60 fps... whoa. What a glorious day.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Appleboy; I'm just a frugal sort. I usually only get a game ONCE unless the company gives me a good reason to buy it again.

Case in point; I'm getting 2.8 EVEN THOUGH I have DDD because of what comes with it (Not for DDD itself though). (I also bought FF3 twice, but that was because the DS version could not be 100%ed after they killed the internet support for the DS, so I bought the PC version when a certain raid in FFXIV gave me the itch to play it again) At this point, there's no good reason (extra content, etc) for me to buy Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5. I think some feel the same way. The only reason I'd buy it at this point is if my PS3 died, which I don't see it doing for years, if that.

And it's okay to want every version of the game though! That's you.

Tho yeah, I'm going to be excited to tell the friend, "No you don't have to buy a PS3 anymore for KH unless there's some PS3 games other than those collections that you want to play". She's going to love saving the money!

Last edited:

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I dunno where people keep getting this idea that KH3 can't release in 2017 because of 2.8 coming out in January and now the HD collections coming out in March. The HD collection is just a port and isn't even being handled by the KH3 team for starters, and 2.8 getting a small 1-month delay doesn't change much especially considering that the only reason that delay happened in the first place was to avoid clashing with FFXV.

I think its completely realistic to believe that KH3 could come out in winter of 2017. Remember that the calendar in the background of the KH3 gameplay trailer matched up with December of 2017, and I believe Nomura has also stated that he has a release month already planned out. Granted that might not mean much, but its something at least. Several games getting released in one year seems like a perfect way to celebrate the franchises 15th anniversary, and KH3 being the grand finale would be the perfect way to finish it off.

Heck we will at the very least get a ton of info on it next year and (hopefully) a release window of some kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back