• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Soraalam1's Demo Impressions & Mechanics Breakdown

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
[video=youtube;ktXP2OezomA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktXP2OezomA[/video]

I wanted to make this thread for a few reasons

#1: I feel like with this video, I finally understand what 'floatiness' means and peoples distress over it. It feels like such a vague term, and people used it to describe anything they didn't like. So finally in this video, there is a side by side on Aqua's 'floaty' nature and it has clearly been greatly reduced (or at least, what his idea of floatiness is is obviously greatly reduced). It's something to keep an eye on, but she does not function like her BbS self in that way, it's just her animations that are the same.

If people still don't like how she moves and are worried for Sora, one must remember that every wielder feels a little differently. They used the example of how Roxas feels like a rock compared to Sora in KH2FM and it's true. So, Aqua will probably just feel different than when you're playing as Sora.

#2: I love that Aqua focuses on the enemy she's locked onto. It makes her a lot less stiff, like she's an actual person fighting and not just a character model attacking something (which is technically what she is, but still)

#3: When it comes to the graphics debate, it's like some of the mods said here. The E3 demo (which is what was used at CC) doesn't look AS BAD as it does on video recordings, but the TGS demo was still an obvious improvement on it

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
Thanks for posting this, the video didn't show up in my subscription feed!

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I never noticed in the other demos how aqua actually talks during gameplay. I really like that feature.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
[video=youtube;PX8YDULuGak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX8YDULuGak[/video]

I noticed her mouth definitely moves during gameplay though (when she's blocking at 11:00, her mouth actually opens). She might actually be moving her mouth during all her battle quotes and of course, her actual talking during gameplay. Her expression changes too, in a noticeable fashion (from passive to aggressive). It's not always the high poly model as he said, but not fishfaced. She blinks too!

Muke

whatever
Awards
Her mouth does move, it's especially visible in this video at 7.47:

[video=youtube;TvRUmoLYLkA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvRUmoLYLkA&feature=youtu.be&t=468[/video]

Wottles

Some interesting points here. Nobody else I saw indicated she had counter blast.

And first real view of 2.8 and potentially 3 flowmotion in action.

The aerial magic combo detail is really nice.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Magic looks so good there, can't wait to try that blizzard spell especially. Glad to hear once again that the controls feel good and that there's been improvement!

Ven_Roxas

Awards
#1: I feel like with this video, I finally understand what 'floatiness' means and peoples distress over it. It feels like such a vague term, and people used it to describe anything they didn't like. So finally in this video, there is a side by side on Aqua's 'floaty' nature and it has clearly been greatly reduced (or at least, what his idea of floatiness is is obviously greatly reduced). It's something to keep an eye on, but she does not function like her BbS self in that way, it's just her animations that are the same.

If people still don't like how she moves and are worried for Sora, one must remember that every wielder feels a little differently. They used the example of how Roxas feels like a rock compared to Sora in KH2FM and it's true. So, Aqua will probably just feel different than when you're playing as Sora.

So now we know his definition. I agree with what you said about it being his meaning, because everyone throws that word around to describe something different. I've heard people say it means how the characters attack.
I also agree that every playable character has a different feel and aqua should feel light and flowing based on her fighting style. She shouldn't be the same as sora. I just think you were really solid with what you said. Props.

But you're right, this video was very insightful and just got me more hype for the game.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I watched the first few minutes of the video and man, there is so many cool little details in 0.2, I can`t wait to get my hands on it. I am not going to watch any further thou since I want to discover all of those cool little thing myself. I want to be surprised. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back