• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NaNoWriMo 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraX

Awards
Figured to go ahead and make a thread for this year's NaNoWriMo. For all of us attempting the challenging, this is where we can talk about life during NaNoWriMo, chat about the up and downs of writing, and cheer each other on. ^.^

I also made a thread on the NaNo website, in case you're like me and during November tend to spend most of your time on there: http://nanowrimo.org/forums/writing-groups-and-clubs/threads/383140

I also figured it'd be a helpful way for us to find each other on the NaNo website.

Good luck and happy writing! :D

P.S. my username is FrecklesAndStars on there.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
NO!!!
DON'T TELL ME IT'S ALMOST NOVEMBER AGAIN D:
I don't even have time to participate but I wan't to, arrghhh ;_;

AuroraX

Awards
NO!!!
DON'T TELL ME IT'S ALMOST NOVEMBER AGAIN D:
I don't even have time to participate but I wan't to, arrghhh ;_;

*JAWS theme plays in the background*

It's coming

And there is harm in trying. Last year I finished my novel in about two weeks and a half. I know some people who have won only writing on the weekend. You never know, you could be one of those lucky people! :D

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
With my job, school, and other responsibilities, there's no way I'd have time for NaNo. I've tried my hand at it in the past, and it's certainly a wonderful experience. I must commend everyone who participates. Even though I can't do it, I'm definitely rooting for everyone who is. If anyone ever needs help with any of their writing for it or anything, just shoot me a message. Best of luck!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Problem is all the other projects I have going on, plus I always use that month to read and rate 50.000 words of stories (for a german page where we honor good stories every month) so it's preeetty hard to fit in. xD

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
It's gotta be interesting to see if I can do NaNoWriMo this year. Last yeat I tried it, but between work, streaming, and recording videos for YT, I had very little wiggle room for it. That being said, I stopped streaming recently to give myself more time for reading and writing, so I really think this year I may be able to tackle NaNoWriMo, hopefully.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Soo, anybody wanna explain what this is?
National Novel Writing Month (often shortened to NaNoWriMo, "na-noh-ry-moh"),[2] is an annual, Internet-based creative writing project that takes place during the month of November. NaNoWriMo challenges participants to write 50,000 words (the minimum number of words for a novel) from November 1 until the deadline at 11:59PM on November 30. The goal of NaNoWriMo is to get people writing and keep them motivated throughout the process.
Stolen from Wikipedia because it's a super good description.

I kind of really want to participate in this this year... I had an idea I liked for a book a few months ago but never got beyond writing the idea down.

Muke

whatever
Awards

I kind of really want to participate in this this year... I had an idea I liked for a book a few months ago but never got beyond writing the idea down.
Thanks!!

Wow, that actually sounds really interesting. =D

AuroraX

Awards
With my job, school, and other responsibilities, there's no way I'd have time for NaNo. I've tried my hand at it in the past, and it's certainly a wonderful experience. I must commend everyone who participates. Even though I can't do it, I'm definitely rooting for everyone who is. If anyone ever needs help with any of their writing for it or anything, just shoot me a message. Best of luck!

Thanks for the support! Sometimes having people like around can make NaNo a bit easier :D

Problem is all the other projects I have going on, plus I always use that month to read and rate 50.000 words of stories (for a german page where we honor good stories every month) so it's preeetty hard to fit in. xD

That's understandable. The rating thing sounds really fun though! I wish you good luck on that!

It's gotta be interesting to see if I can do NaNoWriMo this year. Last yeat I tried it, but between work, streaming, and recording videos for YT, I had very little wiggle room for it. That being said, I stopped streaming recently to give myself more time for reading and writing, so I really think this year I may be able to tackle NaNoWriMo, hopefully.

That's awesome! I'm sure you'll be able to do it!

I always lose motivation about a week or two in lol. I'll at least make an attempt. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I tend to motivate myself, by threatening myself. I could also threaten you, if you think that might help.

I'm doing the same thing actually, although my story idea has been around for a few years now begging to be written.

Always I start my NaNos and never finish. I have time this year, so I'm gonna do it. I'm going to win!

I BELIEVE IN YOU. WRITE THE THING. WIN THE THING!

Hoid

Awards
Damn, 50,000 words? I'll try and participate, but school will more than likely get in the way.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I tend to motivate myself, by threatening myself. I could also threaten you, if you think that might help.

There is nothing you can threaten me with that I haven't threatened myself with already. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reasons you should/should not participate in the National Novel Writing Month?

pros:
-challenging
-rewarding
-fun

cons:
-why did i agree to this
-fuck i've only written X words so far
-i welcome death

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
pros:
-challenging
-rewarding
-fun

cons:
-why did i agree to this
-fuck i've only written X words so far
-i welcome death

This sums up my experience with NaNoWriMo.

I've only ever completed one year, the first year I did it lol. Every year after has been maybe 2/3 or half of the goal. Still, I'm grateful just for getting one word on the paper when I may not have, let alone thousands of words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back