• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Let's talk about positives of Days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
these threads are quite nice and haven't had it in a while so I'll start some.

-Boss Fights were a great challenge.
- Keyblades were quite dope
- Some good humor spots.

I'll add some when I'm not so tired.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I loved the idea of multiplayer in a KH game and they're interpretation of it. I would absolutely love to see a more fleshed out version return in a future title. The option to choose from all of the organization characters was such a cool concept.

Pandymint

Awards
Seeing the members of Organization XIII in a different light is nice, too. Like a day-to-day life sort of thing.

Another thing, too? Unique keyblade designs.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I think seeing a friendship being born in front of our eyes and not be told they are great friends was something BBS needed to learn from Days.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Seeing the members of Organization XIII in a different light is nice, too. Like a day-to-day life sort of thing.

Another thing, too? Unique keyblade designs.

I loved the key blade designs as well. They reflected the overall mood of the game in a way superior than most of the other KH games.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
^^ Plus they got the option to dual wield all the time which was dope even though it was pretty weak.

Pandymint

Awards
I actually really like the mission structure. I felt it worked well to the DS' limitations, and it was a fresh change of pace from what we were used to.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I actually really like the mission structure. I felt it worked well to the DS' limitations, and it was a fresh change of pace from what we were used to.

I couldn't agree more. That mission structure did have some negative effects on the way the plot unfolded, but from a gameplay perspective it worked so perfectly on a handheld device. Dropping in to do a mission before I had to go tend to something else on the go was so nice.

Pandymint

Awards
I loved how powerful Roxas felt at the end, too. It really showed how strong of a fighter he was.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I loved how powerful Roxas felt at the end, too. It really showed how strong of a fighter he was.

Yeah and it made so much sense narratively to have him that strong for Sora's confrontation with him in KH2. Playing Days gave so much context to that fight that was in the FM version of KH2, and really that context that Days gave it is what made that fight my favorite moment in the series.

Pandymint

Awards
Know what else was great? Everyone feeling really unique to play as. No carbon copies.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I think the biggest lesson here is that Days really nailed the ideas behind its mechanics and the execution in some areas. The entire concept of the game was really different from where the rest of the series had been going. Its problem really came with the execution of its story and its character development, but I feel Days gets more hate than is warranted considering all of things it actually did well.

ngc50

Awards
When I first played this game, I made it so that I would do missions in real time. I did day 1 mission on release day and did one more every day of the week, and then skipped the same days the game skipped so that I ended up finishing almost a year later. I played it with a good friend of mine. That was a real journey, and it always makes me sad when people talk ill of this game.

Like you guys said, the multiplayer component is great. I loved just going through and seeing the unique weapon designs, especially for say Marluxia and Xemnas.

Not to mention it was truly epic to essentially play through deep dive at the end of the game.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
When I first played this game, I made it so that I would do missions in real time. I did day 1 mission on release day and did one more every day of the week, and then skipped the same days the game skipped so that I ended up finishing almost a year later. I played it with a good friend of mine. That was a real journey, and it always makes me sad when people talk ill of this game.

Like you guys said, the multiplayer component is great. I loved just going through and seeing the unique weapon designs, especially for say Marluxia and Xemnas.

Not to mention it was truly epic to essentially play through deep dive at the end of the game.

That's actually really cool. I played Days alongside my friend too, and while not across the time span that you took with it, it certainly heightened my experience with it. That's such a creative way to experience a game.

Muke

whatever
Awards
The only really positive thing about days is the Mission Mode, in my opinion. I just love how you can play as any character and I really want KH3 to have a similar mode

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Same, gotta go with multiplayer and characters roster. Everything else was kinda... let's say a missed occasion.

I think seeing a friendship being born in front of our eyes and not be told they are great friends was something BBS needed to learn from Days.

While I may have my personal dislikes on the Days Trio, this is so true in regard to BbS, and their "no they are friends I swear"

noix

I'm in the minority here probably because most people don't like Days, but I really liked the mission system, I liked completing a mission and being rewarded with a scene of RAX, even if it was a small snippet of character development, I still loved it. I also really liked Roxas, Axel, and Xion as characters. Xion is my favorite in the series and Roxas is my 2nd favorite, most people say they like Xion because the sad ending she got, I really liked that scene because it was sad. But I think I liked them so much because I got to see them blossom as characters, from blank slates to fully functioning characters that can feel and think. I also liked how it was just a slice of life type game, I liked the scenes of the three of them just hanging out "talking and laughing about the stupidest things" it made me grow attached to them as characters, they seemed so human and they seemed like they genuinely cared for each other. I could go on about this for longer, but I'll leave it at this for now. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back