• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura: Voice recording for Kingdom Hearts underway & on Sora in Dissidia Final Fantasy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

During today's fifth Dissidia Final Fantasy livestream showing off the latest information about Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: All-Star Carnival, Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura briefly discussed the latest progress for some of the titles he is working on.

Nomura confirmed that voice recording is currently underway for Kingdom Hearts, although he did not specify if it was Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue or Kingdom Hearts III. Voice recording is also underway for Final Fantasy VII Remake and Dissidia Final Fantasy, which would include the arcade game and the upcoming mobile game Opera Omnia.  

Nomura also confirmed during the stream that Sora will not be featured in Dissidia Final Fantasy. 

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Source: aibo_ac7 via Twitter [1] [2]

appleboy82791

Awards
Hmmmm... It seems unlikely that the voice recording is for KH3. Isn't voice recording one of the last aspects completed for a game? KH3 is still at least a year away if not more. To me, it seems more likely that he's referring to the final voice recording sessions for KH2.8. It just makes more sense because 2.8 is less than 4 months from release.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
iwould think it for kingdom hearts 3 because 2.8 va got to be done and they only va for 2.8 would be like to redo lines and stuff like willa was brougth back for

Hmmmm... It seems unlikely that the voice recording is for KH3. Isn't voice recording one of the last aspects completed for a game? KH3 is still at least a year away if not more. To me, it seems more likely that he's referring to the final voice recording sessions for KH2.8. It just makes more sense because 2.8 is less than 4 months from release.
yeah to redline and stuff and like willah was brought back for but i dont think it that do

Muke

whatever
Awards
why are you creating these super-tension thread titles just say type "sora will not be featured in ff dissida" and dont break our hearts Dx

Aside with the jokes, I really hope there'll be a KH: Dissidia one day.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
"...because they are working on a Dissidia-like Kingdom Hearts game."
IS THAT REALLY TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR, NOMURA-SAN? PLEASE.
i want that ohappen topromte kh3 but i cat see disney being alright with that

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
"...because they are working on a Dissidia-like Kingdom Hearts game."
IS THAT REALLY TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR, NOMURA-SAN? PLEASE.

Well, Sora can't be included in Dissidia Final Fantasy because he's a character owned by Disney. Remember, all characters original to Kingdom Hearts are copyright to Disney. I highly doubt Disney would be approving Sora cameoing in a game like Dissidia.

Aside with the jokes, I really hope there'll be a KH: Dissidia one day.

Ironically, Dissidia started out as a Kingdom Hearts project before it got shifted as a Final Fnatasy project.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Depends on the game. Some games record first then do pick ups later on if the script changes.

In the past for Kingdom Hearts, it has been the last thing. For KH3, it appears they've been doing recordings on and off for the last two years for trailers and who knows what else. For example Jim Cummings said he recorded for KH3 for Pooh and Tigger but lol 100 Acre Woods isn't confirmed for KH3 and it shouldn't appear in BC or 0.2. So what else could it have been for but KH3?

RUMOR: Winnie the Pooh & Tigger to be featured in Kingdom Hearts 3? - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

So it could be for KH3, especially since we are getting new info this winter. If we are getting any kind of footage that is from the game and isn't gameplay, they'd need voice work for it lol

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Well, Sora can't be included in Dissidia Final Fantasy because he's a character owned by Disney. Remember, all characters original to Kingdom Hearts are copyright to Disney. I highly doubt Disney would be approving Sora cameoing in a game like Dissidia.

Oh, I'm pretty certain if Disney believed it'd turn out as a blockbuster title we'd get it sooner than we could say "copyright issues". :)

appleboy82791

Awards
iwould think it for kingdom hearts 3 because 2.8 va got to be done and they only va for 2.8 would be like to redo lines and stuff like willa was brougth back for

yeah to redline and stuff and like willah was brought back for but i dont think it that do

Jeez man. At least try to use proper grammar, spelling, syntax, and capitalization. I have no idea what you're saying.
But I will say that we in fact DON'T know for sure that all the voice recording is done for 2.8. We only know that enough of it is done to do the trailers we've seen.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It's also worth noting what the significance is to mention that voice recording is underway for KH, while also mentioning that it's in-progress for FF7R. It's rather pointless to even bring up if it only pertains to 2.8; the game was all set to release in December and the trailers and demos are enough proof that they've been recording.

appleboy82791

Awards
It's also worth noting what the significance is to mention that voice recording is underway for KH, while also mentioning that it's in-progress for FF7R. It's rather pointless to even bring up if it only pertains to 2.8; the game was all set to release in December and the trailers and demos are enough proof that they've been recording.

That's a good point. I guess I was wrong. I guess it wouldn't have been mentioned if it was about 2.8 because we already know that. Plus, we're getting more KH3 news in December and we may get some scenes with voice acting in there. If that's the case I guess they would do at least a little bit of the KH3 voice recording sessions this early.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
thank you sign it wouldn't make sense for vs recoding for 2.8 when it orignlly come in december

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Depends on the game. Some games record first then do pick ups later on if the script changes.

In the past for Kingdom Hearts, it has been the last thing. For KH3, it appears they've been doing recordings on and off for the last two years for trailers and who knows what else. For example Jim Cummings said he recorded for KH3 for Pooh and Tigger but lol 100 Acre Woods isn't confirmed for KH3 and it shouldn't appear in BC or 0.2. So what else could it have been for but KH3?

RUMOR: Winnie the Pooh & Tigger to be featured in Kingdom Hearts 3? - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

So it could be for KH3, especially since we are getting new info this winter. If we are getting any kind of footage that is from the game and isn't gameplay, they'd need voice work for it lol

That's a good point. I guess I was wrong. I guess it wouldn't have been mentioned if it was about 2.8 because we already know that. Plus, we're getting more KH3 news in December and we may get some scenes with voice acting in there. If that's the case I guess they would do at least a little bit of the KH3 voice recording sessions this early.

I mean I totally just said that in my post and even provided you an example of a person who reported they recorded lol

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
we just wait for december for the annocments like maybe jump festa or playstation experince wonder which one it will be

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Ironically, Dissidia started out as a Kingdom Hearts project before it got shifted as a Final Fnatasy project.

And Disney again was the cause of the shift.
Since they were so opposed in Dissidia being KH in the first place, perhaps we'll never get one.
Or maybe, when the roster will be vast enough we will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back