• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: The Magic Mirror reflects Aqua's inner feelings

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
There's something interesting about the illusions that appear. They replace the role of iconic Disney characters...

Terra = Prince Charming from Cinderella
Ventus = Snow White from Snow White and The Seven Dwarves
Aqua = The Magic Mirror from Snow White and The Seven Dwarves

I wonder what the significance is with that (even if it's nothing more than coincidence). I feel as though that the Realm of Darkness is using Aqua's memories to substitute characters in the respective Disney worlds with those that are close to her.

Great observation! I didn't notice that at all! Perhaps Aqua has positioned Terra, Ven and herself in positions of characters that she met in the worlds taken by the darkness. Prince Charming represented hope for a better life to Cinderella. Terra taking his place could be Aqua's heart revealing that her hope was misguided, as she had always hoped that Terra didn't succumb to the darkness. That reality must be taking a huge toll on her. While Ven taking the place of Snow White could be Aqua's heart associating Ven's whole life to Snow White's - her evil stepmother The Queen being equated to Master Xehanort (who I think Aqua knows watched over Ven before he came to The Land of Departure). Vanitas/Xehanort caused Ven to become unconscious, which is sort of similar to what The Queen did to Snow White. The Magic Mirror is supposed to never lie, so Aqua sees in it what she sees as "her truth" - that in her (assumed) selfishness, everyone around her was hurt and that makes her a demon. I assume the terminology of "demon" is used as Aqua doesn't know what to call the Heartless (and hence calls them demons) OR its remnants of language from the Magic Mirror itself.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
There's something interesting about the illusions that appear. They replace the role of iconic Disney characters...

Terra = Prince Charming from Cinderella
Ventus = Snow White from Snow White and The Seven Dwarves
Aqua = The Magic Mirror from Snow White and The Seven Dwarves

I wonder what the significance is with that (even if it's nothing more than coincidence). I feel as though that the Realm of Darkness is using Aqua's memories to substitute characters in the respective Disney worlds with those that are close to her.
I think you're on the right track here; similar to your idea, I think the "visions" Aqua sees represent a sort of reflection of her history and that of her friends, particularly with regard to character dynamics (this could be explicit or symbolic, depending on how 0.2 plays out). It's a bit of a stretch but weirder things have happened. My interpretation is that:

Terra is represented in Castle of Dreams, which is most closely associated with Cinderella. I think this is indicative of how Terra is currently an unknown identity, possibly split into two "parts": just as Cinderella disguises herself when she attends the ball and thus has two identities, Terra could possibly be part of Ansem SoD and part of Xemnas (you could even argue he may have been "locked away" somewhere and can't get out ;) ). The point is, we don't really know who he is right now or where he is. And in KH3, we're going to have to search for him, free him from his captor, and help him reconcile his identity into one complete being.

Ventus is the most obvious, but also the one who lends the most credibility to this viewpoint. As with Snow White, he's been put into a deep sleep and is waiting to be rescued. Not much more to say.

With Aqua and the Magic Mirror, we can keep in mind that in the Disney version, the figure in the Magic Mirror is actually a trapped spirit who is referred to as a slave who must answer true to any question. As with the spirit, Aqua is imprisoned in the Realm of Darkness and is a slave to her true feelings, all of which have been talked about in this thread. She is fighting herself in order to break free of her imprisonment and abolish those dark thoughts. The fight will test the strength of her convictions; her belief in the power of light and the power of her own heart.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eraqus shows up somewhere, though it's anyone's guess as to what role he'll play.

Luxu

Awards
It is nice to see what really happens in the Realm of Darkness, that it saps the person of memories and twists them. To try to get them to fall into darkness. But how come Riku, Mickey, Sora, and Ansem not see any memory illusions? (Well, as we know so far).

Morgenstern

Awards
It is nice to see what really happens in the Realm of Darkness, that it saps the person of memories and twists them. To try to get them to fall into darkness. But how come Riku, Mickey, Sora, and Ansem not see any memory illusions? (Well, as we know so far).

Ansem's Amnesia might be related. Sora and Riku didn't stay as long as Aqua and Ansem (thought Riku is debatable depending on how long it took between the ending of the first game and the start of Reverse/Rebirth) and I'd think Mickey's Kingdom Key D might had been a factor (though it does question exactly when Mickey found Aura then also also dosn't account for the time he spent in the Realm of Darkness before obtaining said Key)

Come to think of it. I wonder if Destiny Islands will be in 0.2?

Luxu

Awards
Ansem's Amnesia might be related. Sora and Riku didn't stay as long as Aqua and Ansem (thought Riku is debatable depending on how long it took between the ending of the first game and the start of Reverse/Rebirth) and I'd think Mickey's Kingdom Key D might had been a factor (though it does question exactly when Mickey found Aura then also also dosn't account for the time he spent in the Realm of Darkness before obtaining said Key)

Come to think of it. I wonder if Destiny Islands will be in 0.2?

Aqua seems to be really fond of Kairi, Riku and Sora. Destiny Islands has been thrown into darkness before, so it might be with the other "joined" worlds. It would probably freak Aqua out.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Aqua seems to be really fond of Kairi, Riku and Sora. Destiny Islands has been thrown into darkness before, so it might be with the other "joined" worlds. It would probably freak Aqua out.
I don't think so. Mickey has his CoM Outfit

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
*sees the discussion on the previous page* *Mind blown*

I wonder if the RoD will have any other effects than just playing mind games with Aqua? I like the idea presented in the KH2 manga that Olette felt sick even just being near the dark portal.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
*trailer*
"Your heart is hollow"

*me*
Come on, Aqua 13th vessel!
Come on, Aqua 13th vessel!

It kinda reminds me of the way Sora was almost turned into a vessel. Xehanort and his lackeys played mind games with him just as the realm of darkness does with Aqua. I don't quite see it, especially since we see Mickey "save" her, but it'd be a cool plot twist.
I mean, they have to do something to be able to shock us at this point.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
It kinda reminds me of the way Sora was almost turned into a vessel. Xehanort and his lackeys played mind games with him just as the realm of darkness does with Aqua. I don't quite see it, especially since we see Mickey "save" her, but it'd be a cool plot twist.
I mean, they have to do something to be able to shock us at this point.

It's Xehanort. He will shock us, somehow.

Kaijuguy19

I get the feeling that the mirror may have Aqua look at parts of herself that she doesn't want to confront for personal reasons as well as what happened to her in the events of BBS. Like for example her mirror double may show Aqua that the reason why her heart may be hallow is because she sees or at least saw things in a black and white manner to the point of being unhealthy and clouding her judgement like how it did for Eraqus. Or something different entirely but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back