• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas and Namine's Relationship

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

Is Roxas and Namine's relationship causally affected by Sora and Kairi's relationship? For instance, if Sora and Kairi started to dislike each other, would Roxas and Namine start to dislike each other?

On one hand, Kingdom Hearts II does seem to imply this. Although Roxas and Namine had only met once for a short period of time in the beginning of the game, they seemed to strongly like each other in the end of the game. Roxas smiled at Namine when (or rather because?) Sora smiled at Kairi.

On the other hand, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance establishes Roxas and Namine are (or have the potential to be) their own entities. Thus, they can make their own choices.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Is Roxas and Namine's relationship causally affected by Sora and Kairi's relationship? For instance, if Sora and Kairi started to dislike each other, would Roxas and Namine start to dislike each other?

On one hand, Kingdom Hearts II does seem to imply this. Although Roxas and Namine had only met once for a short period of time in the beginning of the game, they seemed to strongly like each other in the end of the game. Roxas smiled at Namine when (or rather because?) Sora smiled at Kairi.

On the other hand, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance establishes Roxas and Namine are (or have the potential to be) their own entities. Thus, they can make their own choices.

They don't smile because of Sora and Kairi, but simply to show that Sora and Kairi are their way of being able to still "see" each other even though they lack their own bodies.
We learned that even nobodies can grow a (new) heart and as 3D-Sora already told Roxas: Regarding all the personal connections and memories he has, he deserves to be his own person instead of "just" being part of Sora.

So: Nah, I don't see why Roxas and Naminé's relationship should be a "copy" of Sora and Kairi's.

Veritas7340

They don't smile because of Sora and Kairi, but simply to show that Sora and Kairi are their way of being able to still "see" each other even though they lack their own bodies.
We learned that even nobodies can grow a (new) heart and as 3D-Sora already told Roxas: Regarding all the personal connections and memories he has, he deserves to be his own person instead of "just" being part of Sora.

So: Nah, I don't see why Roxas and Naminé's relationship should be a "copy" of Sora and Kairi's.

Still, don't you think this was Nomura's original intent while creating KHII?

Overall, I agree with you based on the revelations in Dream Drop Distance.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
There's so much wasted potential there. Namine really should have played a big role in Days and interacted with Roxas to justify their seemingly strong connection in KH2. It did kind of just come off as mirroring Sora and Kairi, even if that's not how it actually is. They could have interesting dynamics, both being special nobodies and all that, too bad it was never really used well.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
There's so much wasted potential there. Namine really should have played a big role in Days and interacted with Roxas to justify their seemingly strong connection in KH2. It did kind of just come off as mirroring Sora and Kairi, even if that's not how it actually is. They could have interesting dynamics, both being special nobodies and all that, too bad it was never really used well.

"Wasted potential" is a term that can be used to sum up the entirety of Days, to be honest xD

Addressing the thread, I think it's kind of both? We clearly see, at the end of KH2, that when Sora and Kairi are smiling at one another, Roxas and Namine are doing the same thing because they are Sora and Kairi. However, we later learn that Roxas and Namine also became their own unique individuals, but lack a body of their own. So, their relationship isn't based solely on them being Nobodies, but that does factor into it, at least until they become their own separate people.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Namine always wanted Sora and not has to try to deal with the second best thing in Roxas.

DefiantHeart

Awards
Well as you pretty much pointed out, Dream Drop Distance and KH II showed it kinda goes both way, like in Sora's case, Roxas can make Sora cry. That along with the ending of KH II kinda seems to support Namine/Kairi and Roxas/Sora can be either independent or effected by the other. Basically it's like two normal separate people, only in their case with one body. XD

Bionic Puppy

I feel like this wouldn't be the case. Sora completed the latter pert of KH1, CoM and KH2 while being a heartless. He's very independent from Roxas. Likewise, Roxas completed the whole of days with minimal contact to Sora (outside Xion but I'm saying a no to Xion being like Sora to give myself evidence) and so, if they were to argue, I think Roxas and Namine wouldn't be affected too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back