• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who would you consider to be overall the most well rounded character? The best in each catagory?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noirgheos

I'm new to the series, although I did play KH1 when I was 8, 6 years after it came out. I'm posting here simply because the games included in 2.5 ReMIX include a plethora of characters.

I've re-played 1, finished 2, 358/2 Days, 3DDDD, CoM, and BBS. I have yet to play Coded. If you're wondering, I enjoyed BBS the most.

So, after you select the most well rounded character, I'm referring to categories such as:

Bravery,

Most caring,

and intelligence.

Personally for well rounded, I'd say Riku. He's certainly brave, his mental capacity is what seems to be above average, more than can be said for most characters (looking at you Donald...), albeit he is somewhat gullible, but this may be because of his naturally caring nature. He also cares about his friends, and given a reason, would do anything for them.

For each category,

Sora for bravery. No matter what, he charges in, often at the risk of his own life.

For most caring, my favourite character, Aqua. While Terra and Ventus seem to care about her and each other, Aqua has that affection that you don't find in most. Not to mention how well she does with children. Her interacting with young Sora and Riku was incredible.

As for intelligence, believe it or not, I'd say its a tie between Goofy and Ansem. Goofy gets a bad reputation, but have you noticed how he always seems to be right? While Sora remains clueless (AKA not very perceptive, not necessarily stupid), and Donald just doesn't even try, Goofy always makes suggestions, is open to them, and seems to just generally know. Ansem is self-explanatory. He never really puts it on display, but he's one of those people where you can just tell.

What are your thoughts?

P.S. I apologize for any spelling or grammatical errors, my first language is French, and I only really just started reading and writing in English (approximately 4 months ago).

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Sora for bravery.

Aqua for caring.

Terra for intelligence. Haha jk, it's either Goofy or Riku.

As for well-rounded, idk.

Also I'm not one to judge, but your grammar is solid for a second language. And welcome to KHI.

Noirgheos

Sora for bravery.

Aqua for caring.

Terra for intelligence. Haha jk, it's either Goofy or Riku.

As for well-rounded, idk.

Also I'm not one to judge, but your grammar is solid for a second language. And welcome to KHI.

Thank you! Although I come from a Greek and Italian background, I was taught French. That's life in Quebec. English may soon take a spot at first, as I'm using it more often than I am French nowadays. Playing Kingdom Hearts helped with my learning.

And yeah, if I had to pick a character to rely on, it'd either be Riku or Aqua. It may be a little sad, but I've developed a connection to these characters. Riku and Aqua just clicked, and I'm eager for more of both.

Also, I wouldn't put Terra in the stupid category. Eraqus always preached values of not judging a book by its cover, and Terra, clearly conflicted in his own morals, seem to take it too far. Trusting Xehanort (excusable since he is a master manipulator), and even Hook, which is pretty sad.

Luxu

Awards
Well, Sora has shown to be smart at times...Really, really rarely though.

Riku is quite balanced, but when it comes to the past he basically breaks.

Terra is qoute demb cuz he iz smrt

Ventus is really childish, but is more aware than Sora is.

Roxas...Roxas is pretty smart despite not having much memory, but he is a hot-head.

Aqua wins for being balanced, she is smart as well as aware. Buuuuttttt, she does not seem to be good at keeping any secrets but we still love her anyway.

Axel...is Axel, you really can't describe him.

Xio....I feel like I am forgetting something...

Noirgheos

Well, Sora has shown to be smart at times...Really, really rarely though.

Riku is quite balanced, but when it comes to the past he basically breaks.

Terra is qoute demb cuz he iz smrt

Ventus is really childish, but is more aware than Sora is.

Roxas...Roxas is pretty smart despite not having much memory, but he is a hot-head.

Aqua wins for being balanced, she is smart as well as aware. Buuuuttttt, she does not seem to be good at keeping any secrets but we still love her anyway.

Axel...is Axel, you really can't describe him.

Xio....I feel like I am forgetting something...

Huh, I never found Aqua to be all that intelligent. Just a great intuition. She is my favourite character, but so be it. I find Riku, Goofy, Ansem, etc. all to be more intelligent characters than she is. Thing is, her values are closely aligned with mine, so I connect to her better.

About Riku, and well, most characters. We're all a little dumb as teenagers, Sora and Riku are no exception. They'll grow up, or they will already have in KH3.

Muke

whatever
Awards
No, Sora is not intelligent.
"What's your name?"
"DREAM EATERS!"
"Oh, that's a weird name!"

also, at least Aqua (or everyone) is smarter than Terra.
Gonna elaborate on this later

Noirgheos

No, Sora is not intelligent.
"What's your name?"
"DREAM EATERS!"
"Oh, that's a weird name!"

also, at least Aqua (or everyone) is smarter than Terra.
Gonna elaborate on this later

Give Sora some time to grow up. I also never really called him intelligent.

And about Terra, well, yeah. Anyone is. Still, you seem to be an Aqua fan like me, but don't let that cloud your judgement. She's definitely not the most intelligent character in the series, but great nonetheless.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Most intelligent...lol, probably Goofy, everyone else has some pretty dumb moments to them.
Brave...yeah, Sora is a good choice here. Accepting to shoulder all the people's pain is a brave thing to do. I would've picked Riku, buuut...
I think the way he acts after KH1 shows more that he fits into the "most caring" category. I'm sure some people will disagree, but he would have gone to literal hell and back as much as needed to save his friends as especially Sora. He's not good with showing it, but I think his love for his friends is unbelievably deep.

Noirgheos

Most intelligent...lol, probably Goofy, everyone else has some pretty dumb moments to them.
Brave...yeah, Sora is a good choice here. Accepting to shoulder all the people's pain is a brave thing to do. I would've picked Riku, buuut...
I think the way he acts after KH1 shows more that he fits into the "most caring" category. I'm sure some people will disagree, but he would have gone to literal hell and back as much as needed to save his friends as especially Sora. He's not good with showing it, but I think his love for his friends is unbelievably deep.

Wow it seems like there are a lot of Aqua fans here.

Like in my OP, I'd agree with Goofy. Much more intelligent than he looks or lets on. I'd also say Riku or Ansem. Riku when he's older though, not KH1 Riku. I think everyone is a little dumb when they're teenagers, Sora and Riku are no exceptions. Same goes for Ventus. Look at Dream Drop Distance. Riku shows off how intelligent he is in that game. He's grown up.

Terra and Aqua are a little inexcusable, as they are both adults in BBS. Nonetheless, Aqua remains my favourite, even if she isn't all that intelligent. She's brave and caring, and I like that.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Riku has the best character development, and he's the one I'd personally most like to befriend. Kind of awkward with people, not the most outgoing, but a really dependable friend. Lots of brave characters, hard to pick just one. Sora is brave sure, but part of it is also just him being a bit simple minded, charging head first into everything without really understanding the situation. Like in DDD. He can also be quite dense to other people's feelings at times. Goofy is surprisingly smart yeah.

I don't really have a favorite, I like basically everybody. Some less, some more, but Sora, Riku and Namine are probably pretty high up there. Aqua is great too.

ImVentus

Awards
Bravery
Well of course Sora is a brave character and has made many sacrifices but I feel that the word of being brave means so much more than to fight with a sword in battle or sacrificing your life. Ven still showed a lot of bravery in the climax of BBS. And with the secret cutscene where his heart connected with Sora's he sounded rather more understanding than childish. And we don't know too much about his character just yet so things might change quite soon. Many characters in the series have shown bravery in various forms but I guess for now it's Chirithy, jk:biggrin: it's no one cause there are too many who have shown an act of true bravery.

Most Caring
I don't really know about this one. There's so many characters that have shown true actions of kindness throughout the games. Like how Axel took time to know and help a confused Roxas. How Aqua stayed with a coma sleepin Ven and made sure he would be safe. Terra showed that when he saved Ven and had faith in him to not give up during the Keyblade Graveyard. But I will probably say that the most caring character for me is The King himself Mickey. Mickey have shown that he deeply cares for his friends and have made so many sacrifices in order to save other people's life before his own. He's always trying his best to be nice and help out those who are in need of help.

Intelligence
I think that would be Namine for me. Overall every time she appears throughout the games she appears to be rather calm and doesn't take action before thinking for a way out. She seems to be able to speak about a lot of personal subjects with a rather mature tone knowing what she's talking about. I don't really know but somehow I just feel like she knows what's she's doing and she often finds a way to fix her own caused problems. At least after RCOM she seems to be more confident in herself. Of course there are other characters that are intelligent and if you could count villains I would say Master Xehanort cause that man is as manipulative as you can get, he knows his game. Maybe even consider Yen Sid as very intelligent.

Noirgheos

Bravery
Well of course Sora is a brave character and has made many sacrifices but I feel that the word of being brave means so much more than to fight with a sword in battle or sacrificing your life. Ven still showed a lot of bravery in the climax of BBS. And with the secret cutscene where his heart connected with Sora's he sounded rather more understanding than childish. And we don't know too much about his character just yet so things might change quite soon. Many characters in the series have shown bravery in various forms but I guess for now it's Chirithy, jk:biggrin: it's no one cause there are too many who have shown an act of true bravery.

Most Caring
I don't really know about this one. There's so many characters that have shown true actions of kindness throughout the games. Like how Axel took time to know and help a confused Roxas. How Aqua stayed with a coma sleepin Ven and made sure he would be safe. Terra showed that when he saved Ven and had faith in him to not give up during the Keyblade Graveyard. But I will probably say that the most caring character for me is The King himself Mickey. Mickey have shown that he deeply cares for his friends and have made so many sacrifices in order to save other people's life before his own. He's always trying his best to be nice and help out those who are in need of help.

Intelligence
I think that would be Namine for me. Overall every time she appears throughout the games she appears to be rather calm and doesn't take action before thinking for a way out. She seems to be able to speak about a lot of personal subjects with a rather mature tone knowing what she's talking about. I don't really know but somehow I just feel like she knows what's she's doing and she often finds a way to fix her own caused problems. At least after RCOM she seems to be more confident in herself. Of course there are other characters that are intelligent and if you could count villains I would say Master Xehanort cause that man is as manipulative as you can get, he knows his game. Maybe even consider Yen Sid as very intelligent.

I had never considered the Nobodies. To me, it seems like they take either the best or worst of their hosts. Still, Namine is a choice. She just seems socially apt to me. Not all too intelligent, but she knows what to say at the right time. I did mention Ansem, and I still think Goofy, Riku, and Ansem/DiZ are the most intelligent characters.

Noirgheos

I feel like everyone is forgetting Ansem the Wise/DiZ

I also feel like we're attributing stupidity to naivity. Sora and Terra are just... naive. Eraqus' teachings made Terra that way. He alligns himself with the first person in every world that doesn't try to kill him.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I also feel like we're attributing stupidity to naivity. Sora and Terra are just... naive. Eraqus' teachings made Terra that way. He alligns himself with the first person in every world that doesn't try to kill him.

Terra: "Nah Ven, can't listen to ya bye."
Terra: "Damn...I should've listened to him..."
Terra: "LOOOL nah Ventus no time but I know we're friends riiight".

This has absolutely nothing to do with naivete.

andreverts

Awards
I'm missing KH 3D and Ux so I may have some holes in the characters evolution (plus, I'm still playing Re: coded), but I agree with Riku as the most well rounded - following your parameters. I would have said Sora, but he lacks intelligence too much, even if he cares more than everybody else considering this as general and not only for friend. They're both brave, of course.
Talking about each category this sounds really good to me

Bravery

Most Caring

Intelligence

Noirgheos

Terra: "Nah Ven, can't listen to ya bye."
Terra: "Damn...I should've listened to him..."
Terra: "LOOOL nah Ventus no time but I know we're friends riiight".

This has absolutely nothing to do with naivete.

Thanks for correcting me. Still getting the hang of English.

I think I could justify what Terra did. You simplify it too much. There were simply much more important things that were on his mind, and he judged them to take precedence over what Ven had to say. He comes to regret it later, but that's life.

Also, just a side thing, what's with your signature? Seems... odd.

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Thanks for correcting me. Still getting the hang of English.

I think I could justify what Terra did. You simplify it too much. There were simply much more important things that were on his mind, and he judged them to take precedence over what Ven had to say. He comes to regret it later, but that's life.

Also, just a side thing, what's with your signature? Seems... odd.

Well, I'd say you're excusing it too easily. Realizing he should listen to him and then bursting off again like "nah, why did I even want to listen?" isn't a smart move and it isn't naive. It just further added to the conflict between the main characters by forcing them apart as much as possible.
I'm not even saying Terra has to be stupid forever. But the plot of BBS required the characters to act like idiots in order for MX's plans to work out.

What about it? I just quoted something Muke said in another thread because I had a good laugh about it. It's nothing serious.

Noirgheos

Well, I'd say you're excusing it too easily. Realizing he should listen to him and then bursting off again like "nah, why did I even want to listen?" isn't a smart move and it isn't naive. It just further added to the conflict between the main characters by forcing them apart as much as possible.
I'm not even saying Terra has to be stupid forever. But the plot of BBS required the characters to act like idiots in order for MX's plans to work out.

What about it? I just quoted something Muke said in another thread because I had a good laugh about it. It's nothing serious.

We'll see. Hopefully Terra regains his former self. Maybe his writing will be better this time? Who knows. Like you said, the story kind of required the characters to have stupid moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back