• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Releasing January 2017 in Japan!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I'm gonna be honest

I'm like really mad.

Thanks FFXV. Definitely worth all this for an on-disc patch.
Mhm.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I think we MIGHT be getting a little ahead of ourselves here guys. We don't know if KH3 is suddenly getting delayed to 2018 or anything. Its just a minor delay. Its a delay that is slowly causing my heart to cave in on itself but its still just a small delay at the end of the day. That doesn't mean anything for KH3 until we get information from Nomura and Square themselves.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Well, if KH 2.8 were to release in December when it was supposed to, you'd have FFXV, Last Guardian, and 2.8 all releasing alongside each other. That's super crowded, so I guess the delay to January is for the best. Still sucks though. And now I guarantee you that KH3 is coming out in 2018. Even if they announce a late 2017 release date for KH3, they're gonna delay it to 2018.

Ah well. If they show the box art or collector's edition stuff, I won't care about the minor delay.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm just... eh.
I'm not disappointed cause of KH III, or for the wait in itself, it's... I don't like this way of doing things. Who knows, they might had a good reason, I'm no Square employee.
Still, that's two big games delayed, one of them which I cared about. If things are that shaky, don't... announce December in the first place.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm just... eh.
I'm not disappointed cause of KH III, or for the wait in itself, it's... I don't like this way of doing things. Who knows, they might had a good reason, I'm no Square employee.
Still, that's two big games delayed, one of them which I cared about. If things are that shaky, don't... announce December in the first place.

Well this wasn't something they can control, like XV things change

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I understand why they delayed it, and I'm totally okay with that, but man...

The December release date was perfect until everyone and their mother delayed to the same month.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
nomura already 2.8 for december but xv delay he had to push it back stupid dealy

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Has this got anything to do with the PS4 Pro version of the game by any chance? Because a lot of these games have suddenly been getting a date shift since the announcement of the PS4 Pro? regardless, shame Square Enix are not capitalising upon Christmas...

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Has this got anything to do with the PS4 Pro version of the game by any chance? Because a lot of these games have suddenly been getting a date shift since the announcement of the PS4 Pro? regardless, shame Square Enix are not capitalising upon Christmas...
no 2.8 alreay has the pro stuff already this has to do xv being dealy becuase they need more time inead of getting a patch

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's probably because Final Fantasy XV was pushed back.

And it's good since it would have been up against Gravity Rush 2* and The Last Guardian as well.

*waiting for its delay announcement.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Definitely so, still it's a punch right in the gut. And it doesn't help I've been up for 30 minutes.

I've been up since 2, only you think you were punched.

It was going to happen, XV gets delayed and with how many games coming in the Fall and start of winter, it was going to happen. Maybe there is more we don't know but before everyone and their mother thinking They F up, get it from the horse's mouth they say

Sdog

Awards
IT'S THE ONLY INEVITABILITY AT THIS POINT IN ORDER TO AT LEAST MAKE SOME SALES OTHERWISE THEY'RE LITERALLY SENDING IT OUT TO DIE

37162448.jpg

Sonicfan2525

Awards
If the delay has more to do with FFXV and less with polishing the game (I suspect its a mixture of both), then I wish it could have been released at the very end of December or something. January is just another month (compared to the two month delay for XV), but a lot of my excitement has worn off after staying up so late to watch this big reveal. I am a little salty.

Aw well. We can get through it as we have many times before. However, I don't think this suddenly affects the release date of KH3 as many people are worried about. There was never any confirmation that it was coming out 2017 anyways, but I can still see it happening. Hopefully we get some very substantial information this winter.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
I understand why they delayed it, and I'm totally okay with that, but man...

The December release date was perfect until everyone and their mother delayed to the same month.

I've been up since 2, only you think you were punched.

It was going to happen, XV gets delayed and with how many games coming in the Fall and start of winter, it was going to happen. Maybe there is more we don't know but before everyone and their mother thinking They F up, get it from the horse's mouth they say
So I can vaguely follow all this XV and Guardian stuff. But what's with all those mothers?

I should be mad about the delay, but for some reason I'm feeling really calm.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
If the delay has more to do with FFXV and less with polishing the game (I suspect its a mixture of both), then I wish it could have been released at the very end of December or something. January is just another month (compared to the two month delay for XV), but a lot of my excitement has worn off after staying up so late to watch this big reveal. I am a little salty.

Aw well. We can get through it as we have many times before. However, I don't think this suddenly affects the release date of KH3 as many people are worried about. There was never any confirmation that it was coming out 2017 anyways, but I can still see it happening. Hopefully we get some very substantial information this winter.

How long before the date trolls from people, it was only guessing people thought 2017 for 3 but right now I before and this is reading a possible post being a troll, how do we know it's still a worldwide release?

kingsoraful

Awards
How long before the date trolls from people, it was only guessing people thought 2017 for 3 but right now I before and this is reading a possible post being a troll, how do we know it's still a worldwide release?

They've already suggested and outright stated that it will be a worldwide release.

On top of that I don't think this negaes the chances of KH3 being released in 2017. I actually think it'll be released late 2017 and this early 2017 as this is the prologue to the game. It makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back