• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Battlefield 1 - Multiplayer beta now open

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
BF1_KEYART_FINAL_1920x1080-1200x675.jpg

Battlefield I

Battlefield 1 takes us to the world of world war 1, and now an beta for the multiplayer is currently open. Have any of you guys tested it yet, if so what did you think of it? What are you`r thoughts about using WW1 with this game?

I am thinking that Battlefield 1 will not really capture or try to capture the horror that was the first world war. There was no glory involved and it was just a huge meat grinder for death and destruction. One of the first trailers for this game had an horribly techno song playing and everything was portrayed as cool and colorful. Also, I talked with my friend about this game today, and it seems that France is missing for some reason which I find to rather odd.

I tested the beta and it was fun, basic battlefield. The WW1-era weapons and vehicles give an interesting feeling to the combat. Still, even thou I liked the actual gameplay I am still a bit pessimistic towards this title for the reason I said above.

Last edited:

Sanguinius_11

Awards
I saw no one posted in here so I figure I should throw out my opinion on the beta, it was really bad. I thought it was pretty underwhelming across the board, from the map being extremely boring, which for a first impression is a big negative, to the weapons not having a decent kick to them, tanks were pretty overpowered also and for a World War I game, the fact that the machine guns were handed so freely kind of upset me, since bolt-action rifles were the king. Now, as far as balancing goes I'm certain it will be taken care of, BF4 is alright in that regards for example, and I know one map isn't indicative of how the rest of the set will be, it didn't leave a good taste in my mouth, I was hoping for some trench action also since that would add a neat layer to the combat, but from what I can gather they're just reskinning Battlefront(which I only played in the beta and dropped because of how boring it felt to play) except for the horrible powerups and hero characters, though the train itself was kind of similar in that regard it wasn't as bad. I don't think I'll purchase it based off what I've played, but maybe a couple of years near the end of its lifespan I'll look at it again while it's on sale.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I saw no one posted in here so I figure I should throw out my opinion on the beta, it was really bad. I thought it was pretty underwhelming across the board, from the map being extremely boring, which for a first impression is a big negative, to the weapons not having a decent kick to them, tanks were pretty overpowered also and for a World War I game, the fact that the machine guns were handed so freely kind of upset me, since bolt-action rifles were the king. Now, as far as balancing goes I'm certain it will be taken care of, BF4 is alright in that regards for example, and I know one map isn't indicative of how the rest of the set will be, it didn't leave a good taste in my mouth, I was hoping for some trench action also since that would add a neat layer to the combat, but from what I can gather they're just reskinning Battlefront(which I only played in the beta and dropped because of how boring it felt to play) except for the horrible powerups and hero characters, though the train itself was kind of similar in that regard it wasn't as bad. I don't think I'll purchase it based off what I've played, but maybe a couple of years near the end of its lifespan I'll look at it again while it's on sale.

I would have liked to see that too. When I think the first world war, I imagine tired soldiers running in trenches full of mud and dead, surrounded by forests that are soon going to fall because of massive artillery fire. I hope that BF1 would try to replicate that horror and depressing feeling, but I am pretty skeptical about that. I am still confused why Frace is not in this game since the battles of Verdun and Somme were fought there....

Just imagine hiding in a bunker or a trench when somebody sends a gas to the room. That would be intense.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
So some gameplay for the single player got released:

[video=youtube;zjc1Txc4r4w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjc1Txc4r4w[/video]

I have to say, my expectations were rather low towards this game but that bit sp bit was actually pretty interesting. I like how you die and then change into a different soldier, sending the message home that you are just one in the mass, nothing special nothing heroic. Seeing the muddy ground, the toxic gas, the alone soldier just walking slowly as explosions and destruction is raging surround him, clearly making the point across that he has gone mad, the shouts of soldiers dying.... that was very WWI. I liked what I saw.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
So some gameplay for the single player got released:

[video=youtube;zjc1Txc4r4w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjc1Txc4r4w[/video]

I have to say, my expectations were rather low towards this game but that bit sp bit was actually pretty interesting. I like how you die and then change into a different soldier, sending the message home that you are just one in the mass, nothing special nothing heroic. Seeing the muddy ground, the toxic gas, the alone soldier just walking slowly as explosions and destruction is raging surround him, clearly making the point across that he has gone mad, the shouts of soldiers dying.... that was very WWI. I liked what I saw.

Agreed, that's so, so cool. It's such a unique way to tell a story, and it's so authentic to what WWI is.

My problem with the game comes with the multiplayer. I'll admit that Battlefield has never been my favorite multiplayer FPS, and the Beta for this one felt like a let down to me again. I just really don't care for their map design and the way a lot of their guns play. I feel like there were definitely some balance issues with all of the vehicles, but I didn't play it for long enough to really give that portion of it a fair assessment.

As a huge Call of Duty fan, I'm so happy how different both games are this year. Even though BF1's multiplayer wasn't my thing, the campaign looks really cool, and I'm glad there's some fresh air in the genre.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Agreed, that's so, so cool. It's such a unique way to tell a story, and it's so authentic to what WWI is.

My problem with the game comes with the multiplayer. I'll admit that Battlefield has never been my favorite multiplayer FPS, and the Beta for this one felt like a let down to me again. I just really don't care for their map design and the way a lot of their guns play. I feel like there were definitely some balance issues with all of the vehicles, but I didn't play it for long enough to really give that portion of it a fair assessment.

As a huge Call of Duty fan, I'm so happy how different both games are this year. Even though BF1's multiplayer wasn't my thing, the campaign looks really cool, and I'm glad there's some fresh air in the genre.

Yeah, I also really like the surroundings of the level. Broken and fallen trees because of artillery fire that lasted days, mud, everything is brown and gray. Something one would have expect from a area in World War I. This makes me hopeful a bit that they will try to bring the horror of WWI to the single player.

I have liked BF´s maps, but the last Battlefield game I played was Bad Company 2 so it has been a while. The beta map was a bit dull and I am not really that interested about the desert frontier of the war.
Yeah, I go also the feeling that some vehicles had some balance issues. If a tank came to the scene you were as good as dead, and it felt a bit hard to take down even with the grenades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back