• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Username Request Thread 2.0: Please read the OP!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Welcome the the new name request thread!

Who is Elligible:

*Bronze/Silver/Gold/Legendary Members
*Regular Members aren't elligible yet. Just keep posting. C:

What You Need To Do:

*Bronze/Silver/Gold Members: Write a short essay or short story about Kingdom Hearts! The topics will change monthly. We're not asking for much, just 2-3 paragraphs about the aforementioned topic with no spelling errors (we have spell check, we can do this). We're not going to be fussy about punctuation or formatting.
*Legendary Members: Just request your change! You've earned free changes with how many posts you've made. But please, try to be reasonable and not ask for a superfluous amount of changes a year!

What We Ask For:

*Just patience! We don't have a lot of staff who can give name changes, so if you haven't received yours please be patient while you're waiting. We'll likely have several staff reviewing the stories/essays and letting the admins know what passes/what doesn't. C:

Topics for 2019 (Subject to Change):

*April: Write a Kingdom Hearts 3 Impressions Essay or a Kingdom Hearts: April Fool's Gone Wrong story.
*May: Write what would happen if Sora, Donald and Goofy visited a Humpty Dumpty world.
*June: An essay on your stance of whether a Hot Dog is a sandwich or not (present actual thought and reasoning behind it. Be convincing that you're trying to sell it. Tie Kingdom Hearts into it as well. Godspeed).

Last edited by a moderator:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Yay. Does this require a fanfiction or a real story? I'm not that good at writing stories, but a 2-3 paragraph, I can do.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Yay. Does this require a fanfiction or a real story? I'm not that good at writing stories, but a 2-3 paragraph, I can do.
Whatever you want!

There are two topics every month, one for a short story or one for a mini essay. It's KH centric but I wanted to make it fair for people who are stronger at one or the other.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Whatever you want!

There are two topics every month, one for a short story or one for a mini essay. It's KH centric but I wanted to make it fair for people who are stronger at one or the other.
Understood. And final question, do you get a second chance if you mess up?

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Neat, atleast everything is clear now. Mostly. How long is a paragraph supposed to be? So... B-Day? Can be anything I want? Fanfiction, or a funny real life experience? Unchained, I'm probably going to make a editorial, does that count?

But hey, new thread, this is great (why not just update the old one though?).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Neat, atleast everything is clear now. Mostly. How long is a paragraph supposed to be? So... B-Day? Can be anything I want? Fanfiction, or a funny real life experience? Unchained, I'm probably going to make a editorial, does that count?

Nobody is going to read the OP in a thread that old and long. Too much clutter and not even reflective of our current staff.

As a rule of English, a paragraph is 3-5 or more sentences long.

Whatever you want. Keep in mind your request being approved hinges on what you write.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Nobody is going to read the OP in a thread that old and long. Too much clutter and not even reflective of our current staff.

As a rule of English, a paragraph is 3-5 or more sentences long.

Whatever you want. Keep in mind your request being approved hinges on what you write.
I read the OP... several times ._. I can understand what you're saying though. Still feels weird when a old thread gets locked down though.

Woah, actual rules for the length of a paragraph? I love English.

Yessir! I think I have it done by sunday... or friday.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
What spellcheck do I have to use? I'm using two right now, and both of them fix different results.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I read the OP... several times ._. I can understand what you're saying though. Still feels weird when a old thread gets locked down though.

Lol we do it all of the time.

Woah, actual rules for the length of a paragraph? I love English.

I mean this is something they'd tell you in any basic writing composition class lol

Yessir! I think I have it done by sunday... or friday.

No need to announce it! Just post it and we can process the requests. (Also these posts are liable to be deleted to keep this thread streamlined)

What spellcheck do I have to use? I'm using two right now, and both of them fix different results.

Any spell check on any word processing program lol? As long as you aren't writing run-ons and things are incorrectly spelled, you should be solid.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The other thread was 6 years old and had an outdated method for name changes that none of the staff nor members seemed to be into. And half the members weren't reading the OP to begin with because it was such a big/old thread. (Thank you for reading it.)

Out with the old and in with the new.

(Also it got closed so no one would post in it because there's this one now; it doesn't make sense to keep them both open and confuse everyone.)

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
So um, this has terrible story direction, I know. But it took me forever to come up with something, so I've decided to make Unchained short story. Tell me if I did anything wrong, the spellchecks didn't detect any spelling errors with the exception of Agrabah since it's a fiction place.

"Snow White cooks and cleans for the seven friendly dwarfs. Getting the dwarfs ready in order to get to work, fixing their beds, and cleaning the house with her animal friends. However, there is an evil queen hunting her down. Jealous of Snow White's beauty, the Evil Queen wishes the death of Snow White so she will be the fairest of all. The Evil Queen had a bright plan, she would disguise herself as a helpless old woman, and offer Snow White a poison apple. After a failed attempt to send a Huntsman to murder her, the Evil Queen decided to take matters into her own hands.

Meanwhile, The Player was going back and forth to many worlds. Agrabah, Wonderland, Olympus, and finally, Dwarf Woodlands. A white and bright portal stood in front of the small dwarf cottage, with The Player coming out of the portal. The Player was unfamiliar with this mysterious world. For instance, why would a small house be in the middle of the woods? Why is it so little? All those questions have yet to be answered.

The Player walks towards the little house, opening the door to see who was inside. Walking into the kitchen, The Player saw nobody in the cottage and proceeded to go upstairs, and saw a bedroom with eight beds. One of them had a girl sleeping on it. The Player questions why no one else but this girl is home, and attempts to wake her up. Snow White opens her eyes and yawns, looking at The Player. Snow White smiles at The Player, asking if she's a friend of the seven dwarfs."

I hope this isn't too long. I counted the sentences in each paragraph, so if I did anything wrong or the paragrahs or too short, I'll make another post.

User name request: Bufferino

Edit: Thank you admins c:

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I wish you guys did this for Avatar sizes, even if I'm not a Staff Member, I'd write a story/essay just to be able to put up a 180x200 avi lol

As far as the essay for birthdays goes, is there any real context we can use? I wouldn't mind writing one about my Neice and Stepfather who both had birthdays yesterday (In memorial of 9/11).

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I wish you guys did this for Avatar sizes, even if I'm not a Staff Member, I'd write a story/essay just to be able to put up a 180x200 avi lol

As far as the essay for birthdays goes, is there any real context we can use? I wouldn't mind writing one about my Neice and Stepfather who both had birthdays yesterday (In memorial of 9/11).
Avatar size is to reward everyone for active posting though ;~;

Context is up to you. C: That sounds wonderful.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Feels strange to come back to a place focused on Kingdom Hearts for a long time and my first items of discussion that I write about are the things I dislike about the series. It's probably more confusing that right now I'm writing a short essay on a video game while avoiding a university report due in three weeks. But hey, anything to change this name.

Kingdom Hearts is an impeccable series, there's no doubt about it. It's a colourful and fun-filled experience and I adore returning to it every few years or so. However, to say it was perfect would be incorrect. So, as they say, it's time to take off the rose-tinted glasses and look into what was not too great about the game, at least personally for me.

So what didn't I enjoy? A lot of the worlds from Kingdom Hearts 1. Not because I have anything against the Disney Movies they are based on, but because sometimes I felt just inconvenienced in traversing them (This does not include Traverse Town). Some of the layouts of levels were extremely confusing to the point where I would sigh and think "Oh boy, here we go". One example I can really think of was Hollow Bastion, where you would have to go scale up the castle and it always confused me with the bubbles. Monstro and Deep Jungle were also areas I was not too keen on, with the former being a labyrinth of tunnels and the latter having annoying Jungle Sliding sections which I thought were just annoying. Also I think it took me too long to realise I could climb the vines so reaching the treehouse was an endeavour for dumb 10 year old me.

Linking into what I mentioned regarding Hollow Bastion is the final thing I'll discuss. The inability to activate switches and whatnot during combat infuriated me so much in that level. I don't even think it was an issue in my initial playthrough on the Playstation 2 copy. Earlier in the year I went back to play 1.5 Final Mix and god damn, there was a part where I had to clear all enemies to activate an elevator. However, I constantly fell trying to clear the enemies so much that I think I had to put the controller down and take a second to contemplate my life where a game that paired me up with a character from Beauty & the Beast would fill me with such anguish. . Every time I would try and kill all the enemies and then suddenly find myself dropping down below into the below map. Now, if you take into consideration I mentioned disliking the layout to Hollow Bastion, you'd probably see that dropping down below and having to go through those same areas over and over could make someone bitter. Reaching that section of the game was an endeavour for an even dumber 22 year old me.

In conclusion, there's a lot of things I personally hated about Kingdom Hearts. In fact, this was just a snippet of what I disliked - I can't bring myself to spend too long on something like this to just change my name. Especially since this gets deleted anyway, so it's not like there's really any form of discussion coming from this. But hey, that's my cynicism over hopefully for at least a few hours.

If this is all right as rain, could I maybe have my name changed to Noir? I already nearly failed most of my reports last year for uni. I feel failing a short essay on what I hate about Kingdom Hearts would break me. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Thanks Mods!

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Hi I wanted to change my name to an anagram of ethnic woman or taochan, I'm torn between Nacho At and Machine Town please help me decide.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 36435

do i still get free name changes or do i gotta pound a few beers and write a haphazardly written essay about kingdom hearts in which i strongly imply that mickey is rounding up all the main characters to place them into fema camps ?

Back