• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Nomura sketch commemorating Unchained X's 1st Anniversary!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxu

Awards
Re: New Nomura sketch commemorating Unchained X's 1st Anniversary!

What if the sketch is just people who are in the RoS? All info we currently have points to that, Ven has been inside the RoS for 10 years as of BBS ending. And Unchained is most likely a layer to the RoS where Skuld and Ephemera are

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

What if the sketch is just people who are in the RoS? All info we currently have points to that, Ven has been inside the RoS for 10 years as of BBS ending. And Unchained is most likely a layer to the RoS where Skuld and Ephemera are
isnt sora in the realm of sleep as of right now

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

i dont know if you guys mention this yet there are five people in the drawings like they repesent the five unions in a way two mystery might be acer ursus union and anguis invi union while ven repesent gula Leopardosunion, skuld repesent ava vulpes union, and ephermer repesent ira Unicornis union

five people five unions

That's a very interesting analysis to point out. But didn't Skuld say that she joined a group that Ephemera joined? In that context, doesn't that make Skuld and Ephemera part of the same Union?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

That's a very interesting analysis to point out. But didn't Skuld say that she joined a group that Ephemera joined? In that context, doesn't that make Skuld and Ephemera part of the same Union?
i meant there peonalaily like how skuld is simular to ava and ven is gula and ephemer is like ira

i odnt know it just a theroy

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

But didn't Skuld say that she joined a group that Ephemera joined? In that context, doesn't that make Skuld and Ephemera part of the same Union?

Not only are the Dandelions a group that goes beyond all the unions, it has also been shown and said that Ephemer is not bound to any of the unions at all.A
As you might recall, Ephemers "union" always differs depending on which union the player is.

And frankly, as I see it, for the bigger picture and the characters of Skuld and Ephemer themselves the five unions are completely meaningless.

Luxu

Awards

Not only are the Dandelions a group that goes beyond all the unions, it has also been shown and said that Ephemer is not bound to any of the unions at all.A
As you might recall, Ephemers "union" always differs depending on which union the player is.

And frankly, as I see it, for the bigger picture and the characters of Skuld and Ephemer themselves the five unions are completely meaningless.

Is the main cast of characters in Chi in any union, after being called to join the Dandelion? Besides using it as a name sake?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards

Huh... I think this is the first part of the "Ventus is a Dandelion" theory I kinda like. Very interesting, because a thing that has been bugging me is, where are the other Dandelions if this theory is true. So that would explain that part.

That's always been a big part of my theory anyway. The idea came from Ava. Apparently Ephemera was "already close" and were were only just starting.... or something like that (when it comes to the "unchained". If the theory of Ven being a dandelion is true, there are probably still dandelions in that book, and there are dandelions who came out way before him.

If it's true that is.

Nomura seems to be making an effort to show that Ven is different from his BbS appearance too. No straps, no pauldron. Shorter hair.... although his hair hadn't changed in that 4 year time skip in BbS, his clothes certainly did.

Nomura is definitely teasing for some story importance for Ventus that is somehow connected to the X[chi]-era, although in what manner is still completely up to debate.
This is only further strengthened by calling back into the mind that Ventus' awakening platform always had the Wastelands/Badlands as background, in both versions of the platform that exist. In the first without, in the second with the whole bunch of dead Keyblades.

I've been thinking a lot about the Badlands/Keyblade Graveyard. Before, I thought for sure that it was the same location as Daybreak Town, but it kind of seems like that isn't the case. If they aren't the same, that still brings the question of why that would be on his platform and if the platform really is just an "important place" to them.

And, I'm still not sure about Ven being the player. It could make sense... but I think it makes more sense that Ven was just the average dandelion and might not have known Ephemera and Skuld personally.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Is the main cast of characters in Chi in any union leading up to the Keyblade War? Besides using it as a name sake?

The "main cast" of characters (aka Sora & co, everyone from the other games) do not exist at the time leading up to the Keyblade War as they weren't even born back then so they can't be in any union at all.
And as I said it doesn't matter because the unions are not the point of this whole issue.
Nobody uses any union as "a namesake" so far, so I don't really get what you're talking about.

Kirabook said:
And, I'm still not sure about Ven being the player. It could make sense... but I think it makes more sense that Ven was just the average dandelion and might not have known Ephemera and Skuld personally.

It's all just theory and conjecture anyways so far, none has more credibility than the other at this point and while Ven's station featuring the Badlands/Graveyard does hint at a connection to that place in particular it doesn't indicate anything towards the era.
His placement alongside Skuld and Ephemera may also hint at a connection but it also doesn't need to be hinting particularily to the era they lived in either.
It is also completely possible that Ventus does not have a bond with Ephemer/Skuld from the past but that he forms one over the course of Unchained X Season 2 because he's somehow involved just like present-day Maleficent.

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Ooh, that new Nomura artwork looks fantastic! Nomura, what are you teasing here? This is the second time Ven has appeared with stuff relating to Chi. It can not be a coincidence anymore at this point.

Luxu

Awards

The "main cast" of characters (aka Sora & co, everyone from the other games) do not exist at the time leading up to the Keyblade War as they weren't even born back then so they can't be in any union at all.
And as I said it doesn't matter because the unions are not the point of this whole issue.
Nobody uses any union as "a namesake" so far, so I don't really get what you're talking about.

In Chi, the Chi era is KHX and KHuX. I am referring to the "heros" of that era of games, aren't they basically unionless when the Dandelions begin inviting people in?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Ooh, that new Nomura artwork looks fantastic! Nomura, what are you teasing here? This is the second time Ven has appeared with stuff relating to Chi. It can not be a coincidence anymore at this point.

Nomura confirmed that Ventus is canon to the events of X/Unchained X. His purpose is the mystery we're solving and either Ventus being a Dandelion or the canon "player" character being Ventus seem to be the most plausible solutions so far.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

In Chi, the Chi era is KHX and KHuX. I am referring to the "heros" of that era of games, aren't they basically unionless when the Dandelions begin inviting people in?

That's the whole point of why Ava did it in the first place, to have children beyond the unions.

And that they're unionless is important exactly how?
Skuld herself says it when that one wielder in browser chi askes her from which union she is:
Wielder B: Oh yeah? What Union are you from?
Skuld: That's completely irrelevant.

Nomura confirmed that Ventus is canon to the events of X/Unchained X. His purpose is the mystery we're solving and either Ventus being a Dandelion or the canon "player" character being Ventus seem to be the most plausible solutions so far.

Nomura did not "confirm" anything in this regard.
The only thing Nomura did allude to was that both Ventus and Maleficent have something to do with "new developments" in Unchained X Season 2.

How you gather from this that Ventus is "confirmed" to be "canon" to the events of the era and has actually personally lived in/experienced the actual historical events is beyond me.
That's jumping to conclusions at its finest.

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Hmm... Currently working on three theories about this. The first one is this:

Do you guys remember way back when in the Kingdom Hearts KH1 Ultimania, that Nomura said (or at least hinted at) that there were other Keyblade wielders (aside from Sora and Mickey, and Riku--I guess; since the Kingdom Key was originally meant for him) in other parts of the universe?

What if these people are Dandelions who were able to break through Unchained and enter the real world? And what if they're the same people Xehanort wants to assist him in recreating the Keyblade War? Because once they have the X-Blade, a door connecting all worlds will open, and Keyblade wielding warriors will flock to the Keyblade Graveyard to fight there. Yada yada ya.

Theory 2: Though I'll admit that this one has a lot of holes in it. This one's about how it could possibly make sense that Ventus is Player.

Okay, so we all know how at first Vanitas didn't have a face until Ven connected to Sora, right?

Well, what if Ventus also lost his face--because the damage of what had happened to his heart was so immense?

...At least maybe this happened in his idea of himself in his heart, because we clearly see him still with his face in certain cutscenes following his heart first being shattered (and who knows, maybe it's having connected to Sora that helps him keep his look physically, after something that traumatic happening to him?).

But roll with me here: What if Chi, or Unchained Key, or Season 2 (whichever) takes place in Ventus' dream, yes (or he wanders over there while dreaming), but during that short coma he entered after first meeting Eraqus, Terra, and Ven?

He ends up becoming Player, and the reason he doesn't have a set look is because his heart's so damaged, it can't focus on what he's supposed to look like in the dream?

So for this one moment, he's sharing this one thing with Vanitas and being featureless.

Yeah, this theory has a TON of holes in it--and it probably isn't true at all--but the fact that Vanitas at first didn't have a face, and so doesn't Player (at least not a consistent one) seemed like something that should at least be somewhat touched on here.

Theory 3:

One of those mystery people is Naminé.

One, because they sort of look like Dusks to me (and Naminé is a Nobody like those are).

And two, because she's a Nobody who has reached out and touched the hearts of people while they've been asleep. Sora, Ventus, maybe (because she seems to know about him in Coded, but then again: that seems as though it's more because she discovered him through Sora's memories, but didn't discover him himself, I'll admit).

But with the thing that Nomura did with Naminé at the concert, in trying to help Terra, I wouldn't be surprised if she's somehow connected to all of this. If she has reached out/is now reaching out to Ven, who may be a huge part of Chi, that is.

And Naminé's always been important in lining the pieces up, and explaining the plot, so I think her also being involved in Unchained Key S2 is possible.

And if Tinny is right, and all of this is all happening in Sora's heart, then it could even still be possible. Because Sora did create Naminé, so some piece of her might exist within his heart. He did see her while he was dreaming in DDD, after all.

Oh, and then there's the "Dreams hold our memories, sleep holds our dreams, and darkness--it holds our sleep" quote to consider. Naminé's a memory witch, who has put people to sleep and talked about (and coached people through) darkness before;)

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

How is it even possible that Namine talked to Terra, actually? How is she connected to him? Somehow through Ven's memories or...? I'm sure this has been discussed already, but I probably missed it since I haven't seen anyone talk about it.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Theory 3:

One of those mystery people is Naminé.

One, because they sort of look like Dusks to me (and Naminé is a Nobody like those are).

And two, because she's a Nobody who has reached out and touched the hearts of people while they've been asleep. Sora, Ventus, maybe (because she seems to know about him in Coded, but then again: that seems as though it's more because she discovered him through Sora's memories, but didn't discover him himself, I'll admit).

But with the thing that Nomura did with Naminé at the concert, in trying to help Terra, I wouldn't be surprised if she's somehow connected to all of this. If she has reached out/is now reaching out to Ven, who may be a huge part of Chi, that is.

And Naminé's always been important in lining the pieces up, and explaining the plot, so I think her also being involved in Unchained Key S2 is possible.

And if Tinny is right, and all of this is all happening in Sora's heart, then it could even still be possible. Because Sora did create Naminé, so some piece of her might exist within his heart. He did see her while he was dreaming in DDD, after all.

Oh, and then there's the "Dreams hold our memories, sleep holds our dreams, and darkness--it holds our sleep" quote to consider. Naminé's a memory witch, who has put people to sleep and talked about (and coached people through) darkness before;)
what if sora in the realn as well the last thing of sora was heading back the dream realm for unfinshed business that when when he meet ven and the others

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Nomura did not "confirm" anything in this regard.
The only thing Nomura did allude to was that both Ventus and Maleficent have something to do with "new developments" in Unchained X Season 2.

How you gather from this that Ventus is "confirmed" to be "canon" to the events of the era and has actually personally lived in/experienced the actual historical events is beyond me.
That's jumping to conclusions at its finest.

Well then, if Ventus is not directly affecting the events of Kingdom Hearts X/Unchained X then how else he supposed to be "alluded"? There's a difference between "jumping to conclusions" and "connecting the dots". I'm doing the latter because there's too many coincidences that makes Ventus presence in the X universe intentional.

And if Ventus was to only be alluded and not eventually confirmed to be present in the X/Unchained X storyline, why bother adding him in more than one promotional piece of artwork in the first place? And if you still believe that I am "jumping to conclusions", it's a very justified conclusion that I'm jumping to.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

LightUpTheSky452 said:
But roll with me here: What if Chi, or Unchained Key, or Season 2 (whichever) takes place in Ventus' dream, yes (or he wanders over there while dreaming), but during that short coma he entered after first meeting Eraqus, Terra, and Ven?

He ends up becoming Player, and the reason he doesn't have a set look is because his heart's so damaged, it can't focus on what he's supposed to look like in the dream?

So for this one moment, he's sharing this one thing with Vanitas and being featureless.

Yeah, this theory has a TON of holes in it--and it probably isn't true at all--but the fact that Vanitas at first didn't have a face, and so doesn't Player (at least not a consistent one) seemed like something that should at least be somewhat touched on here.

I'll be honest and say that isn't even that much of a farfetched idea as it may sound in the first place.

When Ventus first came to Eraqus he obviously had his physical appearance intact, Terra, Aqua, Eraqus and Xehanort could all clearly see he's a blond boy with Chocobo-hair, thus his heart maintained the physical appearance. But his mind was literally nearly shattered and as Eraqus states to Terra after Ven collapses in pain due to "question overload" he doesn't remember anything beyond his own name.

In the BBS Ultimania Nomura states that while Sora saved and stabilized Ventus' broken heart, it was still not really healed and "not fully formed" according to Nomura's exact words.
Ventus recuperated over the four years between his arrival at Land of Departure and the beginning of BBS proper under the care of Eraqus, Terra and Aqua, forming very close bonds with their hearts in the process.

Dreams are not always meant to make sense and this combined with the still pitiful state of Ventus' heart could indeed open up the possibility that he experiences all these strolls into the events of chi during the coma he was in before BBS and constantly changes appearance because of his still damaged mind at the time. Even when he wakes after some time in that flashback of Aqua, his eyes are still pretty "lightless" and there is no guarantee that he didn't collapse a second or even third time during that four-year period he had to recuperate.
Being at LoD might actually also play a role in this since it cannot be completely ruled out that the world holds one copy of the BoP.

Well then, if Ventus is not directly affecting the events of Kingdom Hearts X/Unchained X then how else he supposed to be "alluded"? There's a difference between "jumping to conclusions" and "connecting the dots". I'm doing the latter because there's too many coincidences that makes Ventus presence in the X universe intentional.

And if Ventus was to only be alluded and not eventually confirmed to be present in the X/Unchained X storyline, why bother adding him in more than one promotional piece of artwork in the first place? And if you still believe that I am "jumping to conclusions", it's a very justified conclusion that I'm jumping to.

He's alluded to play some role in regards to possibly Unchained X Season 2, which can just as easily be a scenario to intentionally connect the cast of X[chi], namely Ephemer and Skuld as they're the ones depicted with him, to KH III. It does not in any form suggest a direct participation of Ventus in the actual events of the original Keyblade War or any of the historical events from that era.
Maleficent is also obviously having a presence there but she also wasn't present for the original events.
Ventus does not have to be the Player nor one of the Dandelions to actually play a central role in whatever Unchained X Season 2 is about.
Sora in DDD also participates in events in worlds of the past without actually having experienced the very original events as the sleeping worlds only repeat them.

You're misunderstanding my reasoning. I am not arguing about Ventus' presence in the storyline being jumping to conclusions, but the reasons given for his presence there. Ventus + Ephemer + Skuld =/= they all originate from the X[chi] era. Ventus being from that era (be it Player or Dandelion) is not mandatory in order to form a connection between these three.

Nomura said:
Moving away from KHUχ for a little, there was the 'Ventus' I drew for the KHχ 3rd anniversary card, and the 'Maleficent' that appeared in the KHχ Special Episode who left some deeply meaningful words. I hope these all clued you into the new developments that will be starting soon.

Here Nomura not only speaks about "moving away from KHUx a little", he also explicitly mentions both Ventus and Maleficent in the same vein, hoping that these may clue us in into new developments that haven't started yet and these new developments can very likely be establishing connections between the present-time and the characters from X[chi], with both Maleficent and Ventus being representatives of the present-time and thus the ones who will connect the whole x[chi] storyline with KH III.

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Oh, wow. Thank you so much for the amazing reply to my theory, Sephiroth! I'm glad you liked it!

And now I'm glad that I even typed it up, as I had been thinking about just deleting the whole thing--when I had only had a few words down in my response, while thinking about the possible ramifications of said post.

But thanks a bunch for the vote of confidence! It means a lot!:D

Tbh, I do still think it's the one of my three ideas that has the most holes, but I guess I really need to remember how weird dreams can be, huh? Which could contribute to some of those strange things going on...

If Ventus being the Player is a thing that's even going on at all, that is (which it probably isn't, but for now we'll theorize what's going on with Ven until we can get a more clearer picture of what's really transpiring with him). :)

Ven_Roxas

Awards

I have one issue with Ven being in the realm of sleep. How? At the end of DDD, Riku dove into Sora's dream (which is contained inside Sora's heart meaning not connected to the realm of sleep) and we clearly saw Ven (along with Roxas and Xion) inside Sora's heart. So he can't be in the realm of sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back