• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's "Forgotten" Promise to Namine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

Blackdrazon's KHII Retrospective made me think about this. Roxas and Namine's conversation near the end of KHII seems oddly strong or even romantic. Well, we know Sora's memory of his promise to Namine became latent after Namine restored his original memories. Further, we know Roxas reunited with Sora.

What if Roxas somehow inherited Sora's latent memory? It would explain how Roxas seems strongly attracted to Namine. When Sora made that promise, he was still under the effect of his false memories, and thus he still had strong feelings for Namine. Furthermore, this would preserve the importance of Sora's promise, considering it would be completely ignored otherwise.

Was this Nomura's intent? Who knows? Probably not. Nevertheless, I think it works well, and it will remain in my personal canon. What do you think?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Blackdrazon's KHII Retrospective made me think about this. Roxas and Namine's conversation near the end of KHII seems oddly strong or even romantic. Well, we know Sora's memory of his promise to Namine became latent after Namine restored his original memories. Further, we know Roxas reunited with Sora.

What if Roxas somehow inherited Sora's latent memory? It would explain how Roxas seems strongly attracted to Namine. When Sora made that promise, he was still under the effect of his false memories, and thus he still had strong feelings for Namine. Furthermore, this would preserve the importance of Sora's promise, considering it would be completely ignored otherwise.

Was this Nomura's intent? Who knows? Probably not. Nevertheless, I think it works well, and it will remain in my personal canon. What do you think?

Yes, Roxas inherited Sora's unchained memories. Through Xion who had become the container for them.

He didn't have access to them, though, but they were certainly affecting him throughout the 7 days.

CBL13

Xion interfered with Roxas' collection of Sora's memories. Only till after Roxas defeats Xion and Riku defeats Roxas does he start to slowly get Sora's memories through his dreams. Roxas and Namine have a "romantic" (Kingdom Hearts is all based around friendship, and I personally don't think they're going to advance relationships any further in intimacy) connection because Namine is Kairi's Nobody, as Roxas is Sora's. When they meet, they probably immediately realize (At this point in the storyline, Roxas might not see it) that they have a connection with each other. They're not meant to be a "couple," they're meant to be, in short, Sora and Kairi.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
It would definitely help explaining that completely random interest in each other.
I mean, after playing CoM I keep remaining baffled at how Naminé ignores Sora in KH II. Sora was her hero, her obsession.
Then she does like a tree and leaves him for a monopersonality dude whom she conversed (read= said a lot of stuff that didn't make sense for him) with for a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back