• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SPOILERS A special conversation before KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 BBS revealed at First Breath concert!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
It doesnt really matter if 2.8 is out by next years concerts because the scene isnt going to be in it so it can still theoretically work as a special concert thing then too?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I guess this essentially means the fight against the Lingering Will, like the fight against Xemnas in KHFM, is canon now.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They're canon if you follow the theory of there being multiple parallel universes of the Kingdom Hearts story and those alternate scenes take place in different universes.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I can guarantee you that this segment will be in Kingdom Hearts III. It seems like too much of an important plot point not to be a cutscene in some capacity.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I can guarantee you that this segment will be in Kingdom Hearts III. It seems like too much of an important plot point not to be a cutscene in some capacity.

Wasn't it explicitly said that it will be in no game at all?

Furthermore, it also isn't that much of an important plot point that it definitely needs to be put directly on screen. It is already somewhat common knowledge that the Lingering Will still has to play some role and Naminé in the Re: Coded finale already explicitly stated that she found memories and connections to other hearts when restoring Sora's memories, which can perfectly include this little aspect now given during the concert.
In that vein, it also makes completely sense that the Naminé/Lingering Will thingy takes place before 0.2 as when Sora meets the LW in KH 2 it already remembers "Aqua! Ven!". It is an occurrence that happened during the year Naminé was restoring Sora's memories, possibly back to back with DiZ/Ansem the Wise putting his research data into Sora's heart.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Yep. This encounter probably happened while Namine was digging around putting Sora back together. I wonder if that means she encountered Ven and Aqua as well in this manner (or Ven at least).

You know, in a weird way, Namine reminds me of Mickey. Shows up when she wants to, is often the character leading another on the right path, giving advice, etc etc. A weird unintentional connection I'm sure.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Updated OP with dialogue, thanks to aibo and goldpanner for translations!

Will[FONT=&quot]: ...Who are you?[/FONT]
Namine[FONT=&quot]: I'm Na... A witch, who manipulates memory.[/FONT]
Will[FONT=&quot]: ...A witch?[/FONT]
Namine[FONT=&quot]: Terra, you are bound by two hearts. Yours, Terra, and that of... [/FONT]
Will[FONT=&quot]: ...Xeha... nort.[/FONT]
Namine[FONT=&quot]: Yes. Terra, help is coming soon, so don't give up... keep on fighting! [/FONT]
Will[FONT=&quot]: ...Aqua, Ven...!![/FONT]

Ven_Roxas

Awards
What if Namine opened the path for Sora to find the Lingering Will? I'm kind of glad she's getting a bigger role in the grand story, other than the messenger.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Wasn't it explicitly said that it will be in no game at all?

Really? I must have missed that part. Anyway, there’s always Kingdom Hearts III Final Mix to consider. Plus, this is Nomura. He said that 0.2 Birth by Sleep wouldn’t be a thing and I’m posting on a thread where 0.2 Birth by Sleep is a thing.

Furthermore, it also isn't that much of an important plot point that it definitely needs to be put directly on screen. It is already somewhat common knowledge that the Lingering Will still has to play some role and Naminé in the Re: Coded finale already explicitly stated that she found memories and connections to other hearts when restoring Sora's memories, which can perfectly include this little aspect now given during the concert.
In that vein, it also makes completely sense that the Naminé/Lingering Will thingy takes place before 0.2 as when Sora meets the LW in KH 2 it already remembers "Aqua! Ven!". It is an occurrence that happened during the year Naminé was restoring Sora's memories, possibly back to back with DiZ/Ansem the Wise putting his research data into Sora's heart.

Kingdom Hearts III is a numbered title. Because of this, it needs to be as clear and as understandable as possible so every little lore element counts. Sure, people who are knowledgeable about Kingdom Hearts can understand the relationship between the Lingering Will and Namine, however, there’s guarantee newcomers who are going to jump into Kingdom Hearts III as their first game so they need to be informed and understand key plot points to understand as much as possible.

Maybe, The Lingering Will and Namine do communicate but the lines exchanged are vastly different to that of what was shown in the concert hence the exclusivity of the scene. Deleted bloopers if you will.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I love this. It's such a small detail, but adds some more depth to the already beautifully deep KH series. I feel like Namine would relate to Terra/Aqua/Ven so much and get along with them too. It was nice of him to do this even if it won't be in a game.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Updated OP with dialogue, thanks to aibo and goldpanner for translations!

I find it somewhat funny that everytime when Naminé introduces herself as "a witch with power over memory" the one addressed always replies with a sort of flabbergasted "A witch?" reaction. Roxas did it, Riku too and I think SDG as well and now the LW can get in line. ;P

What if Namine opened the path for Sora to find the Lingering Will? I'm kind of glad she's getting a bigger role in the grand story, other than the messenger.

That notion isn't even that farfetched as Naminé could have somehow arranged that in order to show the LW that help is really on the way and lift up its (and Terra's) spirits in order to give it more vigor to fight on and not give up.
It is obvious that the LW is directly connected to Terra himself somehow and at the end of the first battle between Sora and the LW it could sense Ventus within Sora.
The reassurance that Ventus is alive and (relatively speaking) safe could certainly be a huge morale boost for Terra through the LW!

Really? I must have missed that part. Anyway, there’s always Kingdom Hearts III Final Mix to consider. Plus, this is Nomura. He said that 0.2 Birth by Sleep wouldn’t be a thing and I’m posting on a thread where 0.2 Birth by Sleep is a thing.

Kingdom Hearts III is a numbered title. Because of this, it needs to be as clear and as understandable as possible so every little lore element counts. Sure, people who are knowledgeable about Kingdom Hearts can understand the relationship between the Lingering Will and Namine, however, there’s guarantee newcomers who are going to jump into Kingdom Hearts III as their first game so they need to be informed and understand key plot points to understand as much as possible.

Maybe, The Lingering Will and Namine do communicate but the lines exchanged are vastly different to that of what was shown in the concert hence the exclusivity of the scene. Deleted bloopers if you will.

In fact Nomura always said there are no plans for Birth By Sleep v2 and the "0.2" we get now is not the whole thing that BBS v2 was originally planned to be either.

And being a numbered title means exactly what? KH 1 and 2 both were not really that clear and understandable as possible either. If you think Kingdom Hearts is a series where important lore is presented and included clearly or easily understandable you haven't paid attention.
You also can't expect there to be a whole lot of handholding for all those who start out completely new with the final episode of a whole saga.
That's like watching the final episodes of a season of a TV series first before anything else and then expecting to get everything explained and/or delivered on a silver platter.

I don't really get what you mean there? The actual lines exchanged by the voice actors during the concert are the only instances of this scene that exist. What exactly is different from what? There is only one set of lines and that one, while certainly nice to know, isn't so crucial that the actual lines need to be actually in one of the games themselves.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
aibo has shared EVEN MORE DETAILED impressions of the dialogue! Again, thanks to goldpanner for translations!

Will: This place, it's..

Namine: This is a world of your memories. You're the only one the people of this time don't know the whereabouts of. I made it this far by following the links of those connected to you.

Will
: Who are you?

Namine: Nice to meet you, I'm Na.. I'm a witch who manipulates memories.

Will
: A witch?

Namine: Right now, you're bound by two sets of memories. One is your own memories. The other is that of a very dark power.

Will: Master... Xehanort...

Namine: Soon you'll be touched by a familiar light. Please guide her, so that she isn't confused by the darkness.

Will: She... Aqua! But I can't do anything, the way I am now...

Namine: Everyone is fighting in the the ways they can. I want you, too, to believe in yourself and fight so that your heart doesn't melt into the darkness. We will all make it to the same place, you see.

Will: Aqua... Ven... Someday, I'll... no matter what, I'll...

~The Unknown plays~

Will
: I've never forgotten what happened on that day. I'll make it here and show you, no matter what.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Excuse me, but my Birth by Sleep feels are awakening. Or maybe they never went to sleep

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
there’s guarantee newcomers who are going to jump into Kingdom Hearts III as their first game so they need to be informed and understand key plot points to understand as much as possible.
OK, like, I would love this scene to be in-game.

But...
I don't really see why the finale of an nine-game saga needs to cater to people who are playing the finale as their first game.

Especially when the franchise has already done so much in an effort to get newcomers and older players up to speed.
Three collections
DDD's Chronicle
The χ series and 0.2, serving as backstory/lead-ins to KHIII
The potential for 1.5 and 2.5 to be ported to PS4

I cannot reasonably expect them to do any more. KHIII was announced three years ago, people have had plenty of time to get into the series somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back