• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Worlds of Kingdom Hearts - Top 3 Worlds You Want w/explanation

John Lasseter worked for Pixar at the time of them dubbing and distributing Spirited Away, but he didn't work on it as an employee of Pixar. He did it as an employee of Disney. The dub work Disney has always done for Ghibli has always been under their name.

But at the end of the day the specifics don't really matter since short of Disney buying Studio Ghibli (for what reason I can't even think of since they don't make films anymore), we won't ever see the films in Kingdom Hearts. :c

That trip to Square Enix's ARTNIA must have been amazing, though!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Well..we might get some stuff that was INSPIRED by that studio, Ethy. It seems John Lasseter (in some commentary on one of the disks; my brother (Shadowneko online) has some of them. I THINK it was him) said some of HIS work was inspired by Studio Ghibli.

So I wouldn't be surprised if when Lasseter started doing films, he drew some inspiration from Ghibli. And if we get any Pixar at all, well..But yeah, if you don't have those disks, you'll just have to take my word for it. I am NOT going to go try to find a way to rip that track, which might be pretty darned tricky to do.

Last edited:

Chocobo

Ok I feel that everyone's missing the point here all I was saying was how cool if they used the worlds, I never really thought they would use them

from my knowledge of Studio Ghibli is in the documentary back in 2002 Hayao Miyazaki confronted John Lasseter and him alone and ask that his company do translations for their company as Disney only brought the rights to Pixar in 2006 and personally I always thought Pixar made better movies before they joined but that's just my thoughts anyway Disney then brought all the rights because they do that whatever makes money I guess, studio ghibli is set to release its last movie this year it's about sea turtles and it will be in 3D this is a kind of goodbye to their movies but they will carry on in games etc, btw if anyone ever wants to go to their museum warning you have to book over a year in advance to get in.

yes Square cafe was cool little place as you can see the building in my profile pic I took, the matria fountain was stunning to say the least with my chocobo chocolate coffee and of course my matria chocolates on the side the whole place seems very unreal but same day I think I enjoyed the capcom cafe which sold acoholic drinks I had an Okami vodka which was white and red it was good, then ended it all with the Sega arcade and omg the japs are so fast no way in games I could ever keep up

also very important to mention and I would learn Japanese if I ever went back to Japan is that in Tokyo hardly anyone understands English and no one understands it in the square cafe the only word we both related to was chocobo so why I use it all the time! People in Kyoto are a lot better with English but I am learning new for my second trip

lucky I stayed in the hotel Bill Murray stayed in from lost in translation because I really was lol

Last edited:

Chocobo

Well..we might get some stuff that was INSPIRED by that studio, Ethy. It seems John Lasseter (in some commentary on one of the disks; my brother (Shadowneko online) has some of them. I THINK it was him) said some of HIS work was inspired by Studio Ghibli.

So I wouldn't be surprised if when Lasseter started doing films, he drew some inspiration from Ghibli. And if we get any Pixar at all, well..But yeah, if you don't have those disks, you'll just have to take my word for it. I am NOT going to go try to find a way to rip that track, which might be pretty darned tricky to do.

Yes I seen it is on the howls moving castle disc I believe your spot on

WhinyAcademic

Awards

Just to be pendatic: in Kingdom Hearts II, the final setting was Skull Cave, which appeared in Pooh's Grand Adventure. So maaaaaaaybe it should be highlighted in red or removed or something? Since it was adapted into KH2?

But, anyway, I'll list my three. Regardless of the fact that some of them have already been confirmed not to appear.

1. Dinosaur. Besides The Lion King, this is my favorite canon movie. I absolutely adore the characters. I adore James Newton Howard's amazing score. I adore the designs of the dinosaurs. I adore the themes of hope and standing together, no matter how simple they may be. The set pieces like the desert crossing, the meteor, the lake, the cave, all of them are awesome. This is my favorite non Lion King film. And I would kill to have it in here. I would love to see Sora as a juvenile Iguanodon, Goofy as a Gallimimus, Donald as a small Parasaurolophus, Heartless dinosaurs, boss battles with the Carnotaurs. I know they'd screw it up and water it down but I'd love to have an adaptation of it Lion King style because I love it so much.
2. The Pride Lands. It's the best movie ever made, the music, characters, animation, you know. I'd just love a post-Simba's Ascension based Pride Lands world with next gen graphics. As with Dinosaur, I'd love to have a way to actually explore the setting in a cool way. And also, they've got a great plot waiting for them, Scar's Nobody! Scar himself is a great candidate for a Seeker of Darkness! Nomura, you're sitting on a gold mine!
3. The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge. It's a straightforward good vs evil story. But it was still pretty epic. The final battle in particular is just awesome and a great payoff. I think places like Oogie's hellish lair would make great settings.

smartitude

This was a thought that struck me the other day, but I wasn't sure where to post it. I think this is the best fit though.

How would you guys feel about a new world solely appearing in Unchained Chi? If a world, for whatever reason, doesn't make it into KH3, it would take less effort to add it into the mobile game. It would also allow us to play through movies that might not be popular enough to make the spotlight. On the other hand, it might piss of fans of the particular movie, and only be seen as a half inclusion. It would certainly be interesting to see the world represented in the isomorphic style. I'm curious how you guys would feel about it.

Empress Mitsuru

I'd like to see Wreck-it Ralph (Maybe the arcade could be part of twilight Town or Radiant Garden), Atlantis (With Fang from FF13 as the guest party member) and a new world for FF characters.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

This was a thought that struck me the other day, but I wasn't sure where to post it. I think this is the best fit though.

How would you guys feel about a new world solely appearing in Unchained Chi? If a world, for whatever reason, doesn't make it into KH3, it would take less effort to add it into the mobile game. It would also allow us to play through movies that might not be popular enough to make the spotlight. On the other hand, it might piss of fans of the particular movie, and only be seen as a half inclusion. It would certainly be interesting to see the world represented in the isomorphic style. I'm curious how you guys would feel about it.

When X[chi] was first revealed, early reports said it would contain new worlds but it never did. While I would be open to the idea of it, I think it could cause some pretty major strife among fans. If it was a world they wanted to see in a console game, then they will be upset it is in UX and essentially blame the game for killing its chances in the series.

SomeKHFan

Awards

When X[chi] was first revealed, early reports said it would contain new worlds but it never did. While I would be open to the idea of it, I think it could cause some pretty major strife among fans. If it was a world they wanted to see in a console game, then they will be upset it is in UX and essentially blame the game for killing its chances in the series.

What about them using a new world in UX for a world that most people don't expect or not as interested in appearing KH3? An example could be The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, as I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't expect to see that in KH3 or a console KH game.

EchoFringe49

Would anyone else like to see a Emperor's New Groove world? I'd want one but only if it was done well, I really don't want a repeat of the Notre Dame world where everything looks bland. I also wouldn't want it if they had a bad replacement VA for Yzma since Eartha Kitt was so great in that role.

KHHacker6595

I really really hope The Black Cauldron has a shot of making it in. Nomura always has really off the wall and unpredictable choices for worlds.

It doesn't really matter if the film is relevant today or not, Nomura picks what he wants. Frozen is the only one I can see relevancy making him side with choosing, plus its just a nice setting for gameplay. The Jungle Book has an 80% chance of being included, he's wanted to include it for years, its a great setting and if you want to apply the relevancy argument, its popular again due to the new film, but hopefully they use the original film.

I really don't want any live action, Marvel, or Star Wars related worlds, just stick to the charming quality of Classic Disney and Square. I'm fine with Pixar of course but that's because its still children's animated films that are so tied to Disney at this point. Marvel and Star Wars are just so stylistically and tonally wrong for this series. I know KH's plot has similarities to Star Wars in a lot of places but it just doesn't mesh well together overall.

Muke

whatever
Awards

Hunchback just has to get in imo.
It has the chance to be such a great world, but unfortunately, DDD wasted it's potential.

I hope KH3 can make use of the movie (in a better way than DDD)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

It has the chance to be such a great world, but unfortunately, DDD wasted it's potential.

The same argument can be applied to Tron Legacy. Let's be honest, if Kingdom Hearts 3D did not have The Hunchback of Notre Dame or Tron Legacy then it would have been a whole loss less desirable as a Kingdom Hearts title.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

The same argument can be applied to Tron Legacy. Let's be honest, if Kingdom Hearts 3D did not have The Hunchback of Notre Dame or Tron Legacy then it would have been a whole loss less desirable as a Kingdom Hearts title.

I mean, the same can be said of any of the KH games when you remove half of the levels.

ImVentus

Awards

Top 3
The Jungle Book
The Emperor's New Groove
Brother Bear

I really want The Jungle Book to be included as world cause of the potential it can have both with beautiful graphics and nostalgia. It would be fun to just explore a big map that's covered in a jungle environment. There's so many bosses that could be fun to battle with like Shere Khan, Kaa & King Louie.

Emperor's New Groove could be a very fun world where you could get turned into different animals thanks to Yzma who could be one very special boss. Overall I love the movie and the setting is perfect for a new world.

Brother Bear is a movie that I have always had a love for so I would really like to see the beautiful landscape from the film's setting. The movie is a road trip movie but also very deep and emotional which I feel fits perfectly to the final chapter in the Dark Seeker Saga.

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Pretty much this. It'd be kind of like when Hunchback of Notre Dame was put into KH3D. People liked that it was finally a world, but at the same time many are upset they didn't wait to put it in KH3 so they could do more with it.

Story-wise though, I thought it was perfectly fine. What really kills that world is the lack of NPC's. It just makes things so much more awkward when Frollo is supposed to go into the gipsy hideout and have it be a big deal when there is literally only one gipsy in the entire world.

KH3 just doesn't have an excuse for that kind of crap anymore, so we better not run into that "lack of NPC" issue again.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

I thought Hunchback was fine in 3D. The problems most have with it are larger problems with KH in general. The lack of NPCs affect nearly every world and game in the series. See Cinderella's empty ball in BbS and Hercules' empty Coliseum crowd in KH2.

Btw, there's no doubt Hunchback got a better world being in 3D than if it had been in KH2. That huge cathedral/city/cemetery/gypsy hideout would've been three small rooms all in a straight line.

Muke

whatever
Awards

I thought Hunchback was fine in 3D. The problems most have with it are larger problems with KH in general. The lack of NPCs affect nearly every world and game in the series. See Cinderella's empty ball in BbS and Hercules' empty Coliseum crowd in KH2.

Btw, there's no doubt Hunchback got a better world being in 3D than if it had been in KH2. That huge cathedral/city/cemetery/gypsy hideout would've been three small rooms all in a straight line.
I mean, that's totally true, but I still think they could have done more with the world in 3 than in DDD. In the end, I am happy that the movie was featured in DDD, but they could have done more with imo.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

DDD's failing with Hunchback is that it's a rare situation where the film's characters have NO impact on the gameplay. No special minigame, no ally, no boss.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

DDD's failing with Hunchback is that it's a rare situation where the film's characters have NO impact on the gameplay. No special minigame, no ally, no boss.

I'm still in mourning over no Frollo fight. So yeah I agree that is its biggest failing. They set it up and everything (just like CLU lol). But yeah.

Though, I feel like the other issue comes from it thematically. Hunchback's themes are very intense and disturbing, and I feel like they cut back way on them. I guess I'm not totally surprised but I feel like thats another reason it didn't feel quite as good as it could. It looses a lot of the emotion the original invoked. And thats a problem I am not sure they would address even if it is included in KH3. It would possibly be better off with a completely original story that bases its events and themes on the original work though I guess, as most Disney worlds are always at their best when they do this lol. Instead of a cliff notes version of the original movie.

Back