• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My Birth By Sleep Rookie Mistake

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I beat BBS back in the day on PSP, and within the past week finally decided to tackle BBS Final Mix on PS3. I'm a trophy whore, having the platinum on both KH1 and CoM, so I decided I was going for the plat on this.

After sinking 50 hours into Terra on Critical and finishing as much of the arena as possible at the moment with him, I decided to take a break from some of the completionist nonsense for a bit and move onto the next story. You might know where this is going.

So I start playing as Ven and after finishing Dwarf Woodlands go to save my game. Saving is habitual in games, you push the buttons without thinking. So at 4 in the morning, ready to go to bed, I saved like I always do. Like I always do. didn't save to a new file, overwrote my old one, immediately removing all the hard work I put into Terra on Critical. I realized what I was doing just a second too late. What's worse is I HAVE BEAT THIS GAME BEFORE! Like, I fucking know better. Now if I want the critical trophy, I will have to beat it as Terra on Critical AGAIN, and I have to beat it with him again regardless to unlock the two final episodes. The secret episode is the only reason I even decided to tackle this anyway since it wasn't on the PSP version.

I also pay for PlayStation Plus and use the cloud, but unfortunately we've been having bizarre internet issues solely with PS3s in our house, so my save data never got uploaded.

I for real just needed to vent and get my story out there. Pay attention when you play games, and don't be a dumbass like me. They say to always save, but in this instance my mind and body was so trained to save that it destroyed me.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I feel for you. One time I did that too. I was playing KH2 on the PS2, went to make a new file and accidentally saved on my file on Proud Mode where I had Fenrir, level 99, EVERYTHING!!! I wasn't as much unfortunate as you though cause mh brother saved my file secretly on HIS memory card. So I went ahead and got the file back from his memory card. But yes, important lesson: Don't be stupid and pay attention wheh saving a new file.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm glad your story had a happy ending, it sounded like a good wake up call.

Again, this is completely my fault, I can only be frustrated with myself. But still, it sucks.

Here is to raising awareness that while always saving is your best bet, don't be a twat like Max when doing it!

Chuuya

Awards
^ Point taken, listen to the wise words of Max everyone!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I FEEL SO SORRY FOR YOU MAN.
And of course it HAD to be BBS out of all games. D: Sucks so much. Only Days would've been worse.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I did something VERY similar, as I'm playing the game for the first time right now, and I knew better, too. I did some research, and it appears that on Critical if you've collected all the reports on Terra before saving over him, you can still get the Secret Episode. The game still counts Terra as completed (which it shows when you select a new character) and the reports are shown in the Trinity Archives if you have them. Another person I found did the same exact thing, and said that they still experienced the Final Episode. All your other content is unfortunately lost though. I can't help there.

I'm nearing the end of my third character's story, and will be able to verify if it works within a couple days, if it helps.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I did something VERY similar, as I'm playing the game for the first time right now, and I knew better, too. I did some research, and it appears that on Critical if you've collected all the reports on Terra before saving over him, you can still get the Secret Episode. The game still counts Terra as completed (which it shows when you select a new character) and the reports are shown in the Trinity Archives if you have them. Another person I found did the same exact thing, and said that they still experienced the Final Episode. All your other content is unfortunately lost though. I can't help there.

I'm nearing the end of my third character's story, and will be able to verify if it works within a couple days, if it helps.

Do you mean the xehanhort reports, or like ALL his reports (characters, enemies, etc.). Because if you just mean Xehanhort reports, that would absolutely help! Because I did get all of his reports, and so if that's the case I can finish up everyone else in critical and then replay his on beginner or standard or something to just shoot for his 100% later instead of struggling through his critical again.

Also, thanks for the condolences everyone. And you're right Void, BBS was pretty much the worst one for this to happen with besides Days.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
And that's why you have to be extremely careful because all it takes is one freaking mistake to end everything in a single button! Of course, this won't happen to me because I'm way more careful like that. :3

And Max, yes you're a trophy whore and so would you mind gaining it all for me? Please and thank you! *proceed to sell you some munnies for it*

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Do you mean the xehanhort reports, or like ALL his reports (characters, enemies, etc.). Because if you just mean Xehanhort reports, that would absolutely help! Because I did get all of his reports, and so if that's the case I can finish up everyone else in critical and then replay his on beginner or standard or something to just shoot for his 100% later instead of struggling through his critical again.

Also, thanks for the condolences everyone. And you're right Void, BBS was pretty much the worst one for this to happen with besides Days.

Just the Xehanort reports and the letter, which I think you get by default during Ventus's story. I can't verify it's 100% true, but all the digging I've done in the game seem to indicate that it'll work.

Roxie1563

Awards
Just the Xehanort reports and the letter, which I think you get by default during Ventus's story. I can't verify it's 100% true, but all the digging I've done in the game seem to indicate that it'll work.

Grizzly, I recently got a letter or report of Xehanort's during one of the mirage area. I wonder if it's only on Terra's or does it goes for both characters in BBS FM?

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Grizzly, I recently got a letter or report of Xehanort's during one of the mirage area. I wonder if it's only on Terra's or does it goes for both characters in BBS FM?

Each character earns a different set of reports. The same report will not show up for any other character, so that one was just for Terra. Here's a list of all of them, if you need:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Max

Staff member
Awards
Yeah I definitely had all of Terra's, lucky I spent so much time in the arena if this actually ends up working.

Last edited:

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I believe Terra's is the only one found in the Mirage Arena as well. The rest are either found in a chest or are found by simply clearing a world or a character's final boss.

Roxie1563

Awards
Each character earns a different set of reports. The same report will not show up for any other character, so that one was just for Terra. Here's a list of all of them, if you need:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ah, thank you! :D

Now this shall make it easier on me to locating them all.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I still haven't touched the game since this happened, even in light of this recent (hopefully true) news. Think I might take a break and play something else for a few days. Been meaning to try Far Cry 3, that would be a 180 from Kingdom Hearts haha.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I still haven't touched the game since this happened, even in light of this recent (hopefully true) news. Think I might take a break and play something else for a few days. Been meaning to try Far Cry 3, that would be a 180 from Kingdom Hearts haha.

I've just recently been playing as Aqua myself, and can let you know if it works out. I hope to finish within the next couple of days. If you haven't played Far Cry 3 before, then it's an excellent choice, and is the best game in the series. The game's villain is phenomenal.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I've just recently been playing as Aqua myself, and can let you know if it works out. I hope to finish within the next couple of days. If you haven't played Far Cry 3 before, then it's an excellent choice, and is the best game in the series. The game's villain is phenomenal.

I did decide to take a break and start Far Cry 3. I might just wait and see what your update on the situation is, because if I have to replay Terra's story I think I want to just get it over with before I play the other two.

And yeah this is my first time playing Far Cry 3 and it seems fun. I've taken a couple posts and radio towers and I'm about to hit the doctors house towards the beginning. I like it so far, just hope it doesn't get monotonous.

Chuuya

Awards
Man, I've never played Far Cry 3. =_=

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Man, I've never played Far Cry 3. =_=

It is quite good. I recommend if you ever have the chance and are in the mood for it.

Back on topic, I have absolutely excellent news. After falling into a very similar situation as in the OP, you can in fact still unlock the super secret Final Episode, so long as you collected all of the Xehanort Reports available before your character's save data was deleted. After having accidentally deleted my Terra, I pushed onward. I just now completed Aqua's story and was prompted to create a save for the Final Episode. I am quite relieved for both myself and Max.

Now I'm off to play the Final Episode. It is my first play-through of BBS, so I'm thrilled to see what's in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back