• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts X[chi] 3rd Anniversary Key Art Released!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Wha? Uuuh...well, on looking further into things like Chirithy = Dream Eater and the possibility of at least one version of Daybreak Town being in the Realm of Sleep, Ventus being right now in a deep sleep since a decade to heal his heart and no time flowing in the RoS this notion is not completely out of the question. o_0
I'm just thinking, 'cause, the Daybreak Town trio is Player, Ephemera, Skuld, but Ventus is there, so...

I mean, looking at the new story update, something happened to Player.
Ava also mentions that Player may be reaching the state of being Unchained, not that we even know what that means yet...

I'm saying it mostly as a joke but also I think it might happen

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Because the previous two anniversary images were just asthetic celebrations. Because X is nearing the end of its lifespan, and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 is close to release, I feel as though this particular anniversary image is more than an aesthetic celebration. Plus, Ventus is out of place with the rest of the characters. Roxas was with Namine in the 2nd Anniversary picture because they're counterparts. Sora is with the Destiny Islands trio and Ephemera is with Skuld. Why randomly plop Ventus without Aqua and Terra? Just Aqua would be acceptable because she has her 0.2 Birth by Sleep chapter to be told, but why just Ventus?

We don't really know Ventus true personality before he was split from Vanitas. Maybe he was a dark character during his past and that darkness is what intrigued Xehanort to train Ventus under his wing.

Do we have any reasonable implications towards that this is indeed more than an "aesthetic celebration" (and possible stealth reveal of new outfits) or is this just a gut feeling?

What does Aqua's 0.2 Birth by Sleep chapter have to do with x[chi]'s 3rd anniversary? Strictly spoken she has no more business than Ven to be on this art piece.
Also, Ventus isn't "out of place" with the rest of the characters at all or have you forgotten that he's very closely connected with Sora?
There might be a theme going on like this however as we might eventually get another art piece down the line where only Terra is featured with a group of characters he's apparently "out of place" with.

According to Xehanort in his reports Ventus was "too benign for his own good", that doesn't sound like a darkness-fueled rebellious dark character with asshole personality-tendencies.

I'm just thinking, 'cause, the Daybreak Town trio is Player, Ephemera, Skuld, but Ventus is there, so...

I mean, looking at the new story update, something happened to Player.
Ava also mentions that Player may be reaching the state of being Unchained, not that we even know what that means yet...

I'm saying it mostly as a joke but also I think it might happen

Well, this particular "trio" is more of an fan-invention up to now as we never see all three together even once, but theoretically this possibility is indeed there.

It's also maybe something worth of note that so far we know that Ventus had to suffer having his heart shattered twice in the series, once at the fault of Xehanort when creating Vanitas and another time at the fault of Vanitas when he forcibly tried to merge with Ven and forged the proto-X-blade against his will.
However, it may also be possible that these two heart-shatterings were actually the second and third time and we haven't even witnessed the first time yet.

Mirashade

Awards
All I can really tell from these new clothing designs, is that Kairi seems to have joined Team Magma.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
O man, this is awesome. We finally got armor, and those cards are available to F2P. Omg, I missed this!

Also it's Ventus.

If you look closely at the picture you see that the wristbands (sweatbands? bracelets? You know what I mean) sides are white. Just like Ventus his wristband. Roxas his wristbands sides, however, are black.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

As for why Ventus is in this artwork, it's Ventus, he is awesome. #Ventus4Life

All I can really tell from these new clothing designs, is that Kairi seems to have joined Team Magma.
Dude, I was thinking the exact same thing. It looks alot like the Team Magma outfit.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I think there was a theory during the revelation that Chirithy is a Dream Eater that everything is playing inside Ventus' dream. Maybe that's a bit too crazy, but he's sleeping for 10+ years now, maybe he has a project of his own while Aqua is busy in the realm of darkness and Terra tries to get his body back.

EchoFringe49

I've never been a fan of Riku's past designs, but i'm really liking this one, its very TWEWY and pretty much how I envisioned him to look like. Kairi's design looks fairly similar to the KH2 one, but I'll obviously need to see more to judge. Also i'm loving the hoods, it'd be pretty cool if some of the characters got their own unique hoods as well.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i wish the three first trio was facing us so we can look at them more at a better angle

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Ooh, if they indeed are the new clothes they look really nice. I like how Sora, Riku and Kairi seems to have a small little detail that all 3 share in their outfits. It`s that little collar thing with buttons. Sora has it, Riku has it and Kairi seems to have it too.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i think those are the new clothes and i don't think nomura would draw the outfits for fun if x is ending soon plus i think he might show these new outfit in December for kh3 news along with the release of 2.8

ps kairi look so badass

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
i think those are the new clothes and i don't think nomura would draw the outfits for fun if x is ending soon plus i think he might show these new outfit in December for kh3 news along with the release of 2.8

ps kairi look so badass
I dunno, how you you explain Riku suddenly rocking shortsleeves and a hoodie?
Kiiinda wish Kairi could've had a more dramatic change. Her outfit looks the same except for the Team Magma hood.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I hope Kairi keeps the hood on during the game actually. Else, why add ears onto them in the first place.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I am so in love with how grounded these outfits are.

KAIRI'S GOT A BOB. Also Nomura stuck to pink but I think it is a better pink and I have a feeling her dress is not so awful anymore.

Riku looks great even though we can't see him very well but still. Damn Riku.

Ven gets his spikes chopped. I like it a lot.

My theory is as follows: Sora goes to Realm of Sleep to see his Dream Eater friends. Amid the happy reunion, a small cat-like cutie appears tells Sora there is something important he must show him. Leads him to Daybreak Town trapped in their eternal mission loop and Chirithy uses this to show Sora the history of the Foretellers and the start of the Keyblade War. Skuld and Ephemera are there and talk to Sora. Sora then unlocks Daybreak Town to free it from its endless sleep. Gives him the new Keyblade in KH3.

Daybreak Town is changed into Cable Town, is saved, Skuld and Ephemera become important to KH3.

None of this will be right.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The Player to be important they would need an official name and appearance, but then it is no longer us

well, not unless therealansem was right about cern.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
well, not unless therealansem was right about cern.
pls chuman not right now

Anyways, I don't think that an official name is even necessary. Just write around revealing their name and use the default male appearance if you have to.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
b9fe0f7ffefb84d1f3ad8c1b891ff87a.jpg

Guess I should've figured that Kairi would never join Team Aqua.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I am so in love with how grounded these outfits are.

KAIRI'S GOT A BOB. Also Nomura stuck to pink but I think it is a better pink and I have a feeling her dress is not so awful anymore.

Riku looks great even though we can't see him very well but still. Damn Riku.

Ven gets his spikes chopped. I like it a lot.

My theory is as follows: Sora goes to Realm of Sleep to see his Dream Eater friends. Amid the happy reunion, a small cat-like cutie appears tells Sora there is something important he must show him. Leads him to Daybreak Town trapped in their eternal mission loop and Chirithy uses this to show Sora the history of the Foretellers and the start of the Keyblade War. Skuld and Ephemera are there and talk to Sora. Sora then unlocks Daybreak Town to free it from its endless sleep. Gives him the new Keyblade in KH3.

Daybreak Town is changed into Cable Town, is saved, Skuld and Ephemera become important to KH3.

None of this will be right.
i really really like the outfits and hope there that might be reveal in december kairi look like she belong with sora and riku and realy to kick some xehanort clones

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Kairi's outfit opens up a bit at the bottom, so I'm guessing it's not going to be one slip like in KH2, but rather an open skirt situation. Regardless, I think it'll be more different than people are anticipating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back