• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The missed opportunity

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally-boiii

Awards
I honestly wish, Square had expanded on the closed the plot between Terra and Xehanort at the end of BBS, instead of picking up where they left off with Aqua. I feel like the fact that they mentioned that Eraqus had crept into Terra's heart was a somewhat big plot point that they had not really developed. Idk, I might just be unreasonable. I still love the premise behind 0.2 though, don't get me wrong.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
back-and-forth ethereal snarking in a dark void doesn't make for very compelling gameplay tbh

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
That doesn't really sound like a fun game. It'd be a cool story cut scene but not a video game. Besides, wasn't the Aqua thing something fans had been waiting for a while that was teased in BBS?

Imagine how pissed those people would be if it got replaced with Terra and Xehanort awkwardly arguing in the dark... I'd probably still buy it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Picking up where they left off with Aqua is in terms of strictly the BBS trio the most reasonable and most logical decision because of the three Aqua is the only one who can still act in a more or less meaningful manner in connection to the main overaching storyline right now.
Terra's internal struggle is certainly a noteworthy plot point and can probably provide some interesting insight (and Terra is one of those characters who need more focus and characterisation all the same), but I have to second the notions made by others here already that this part does not allow for a very compelling gameplay scenario at all since even if Terra and MX are not just trading barbs verbally, it would only provide a single prolonged "boss battle" in a similar way as Sora vs. Roxas in KH 2 Final Mix.
Ventus is more or less a coma patient hanging on a life support system slowly recuperating his totally smashed heart from the end of BBS until DDD where it finally shows first activities again, indicating that the healing is coming along properly. This however also doesn't give much of gameplay opportunities as well.

Or tl;dr Aqua's possible plot line is currently simply the most interesting and promising one that can also include varied gameplay scenarios.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
aqua is an a hell realm fighting for her life while Ven is napping and terra is probably having his own sitcom which would be HILARIOUS but not useful for gameplay.

tl;dr what my man sephy said

but for III i'd like to see an inside out world in the form of ven's heart being rebuilt, and you play as terra inside his heart fighting back for control with aqua, ven and riku's outside assistance, only like a zelda dungeon insteaf if a boss battle

Sally-boiii

Awards
Honestly wasn't even considering how unrealistic it was. I was just thinking about how they kind of left off some things and figured there was stand-alone-game-worthy-content from it. Everything you guys said was valid though.

Mirashade

Awards
At some point I feel like that point of time will have to have its final mysteries fully covered in a game, maybe KH3, hopefully finally in cutscenes.

What happened at Radiant Garden was the start of the biggest main conflict we knew about in the Kingdom Hearts series for a long time. It was a backstory we learned the most about in written reports, and we continued to learn more about that point in time as lore changed. We saw it shift from the villains' origin story to somewhat of a transitional period of BBS to KH- although we never actually got more than a few scenes of the Apprentice Terranort.

There are still some uncertainties about what actually happened back then, and even more keep appearing in each game. Why did Xemnas build the Chamber of Repose and speak to Aqua's armor? What happened with Eraqus' heart? Was Xehanort really faking the amnesia? In this game series, even as far back as the original war over the light is being covered in Chi. BBS 0.2 is covering a similar point in the timeline, directly following BBS, as would the point in the story you want to know about- and I don't think it's out of the question we may get some clues on what happened with Terra-nort-aqus's hearts in a cutscene or two.

Gameplay-wise and just overall though, I'm glad they went with following Aqua through the Realm of Darkness. I'm super excited for it!

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
There is a lot of focus on Aqua in 0.2. What we were told is that 2.8 will give us a better understanding of KH3. 0.2 might give us SOME important information when Aqua is in the RoD, not exactly sure what. Plus, there's always a cutscene after credits, we might see something important at the end of 0.2, maybe concerning with Terra or KH3.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
aqua is an a hell realm fighting for her life while Ven is napping and terra is probably having his own sitcom which would be HILARIOUS but not useful for gameplay.

Terra's Journal, Day 5,377:

Xehanort had his friends over (including Braig, that asshole) for game night; as usual, he can't bother to clean the pile of dishes they all left behind. I tried confronting him about it, but all he does is complain about being too old and frail. Really, man? The legendary master who could levitate a hundred keyblades with one hand behind his back can't do the same thing with some god damn dish soap and dishes? Then he falls asleep on the couch and I can't watch TV the rest of the day (and night, for that matter). Worst roommate ever.

One day he actually suggested I bring over my own friends for a change. Really. Thanks, old man, I appreciate the thought, except they're in their own personal hells thanks to you, and I don't even know if they're anywhere near OK. BUT NO WORRIES, WE'RE STILL COOL.

God, I miss Master. I wish he was here the same way, it'd be 10 times better; we'd share some beers and he'd give me some advice on Aqua. All this old fart ever talks about is "The War" and whatever seeds he used to spread with his keyblade when he was my age; it's gotten to the point where I can't tell anymore if he's talking literally or metaphorically. I wonder how Master would shut him up.

Well, those dishes aren't going to wash themselves; maybe I should take Guardian out for a walk later, that usually clears up my mind.

-Terra

I honestly wish, Square had expanded on the closed the plot between Terra and Xehanort at the end of BBS, instead of picking up where they left off with Aqua. I feel like the fact that they mentioned that Eraqus had crept into Terra's heart was a somewhat big plot point that they had not really developed. Idk, I might just be unreasonable. I still love the premise behind 0.2 though, don't get me wrong.

I think everyone else covered my sentiments on Terra within Xehanort, but I think the idea could still work out instead through Lingering Will traveling across the worlds, searching to protect Aqua and Ven, unable to rest until he fulfills his purpose. It'd be assuming that he wouldn't just sit there in KG the whole time, or course, which, as it stands, is more likely.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I think there's SOME gameplay potential in a mental conflict between Terra & Xehanort: environments & enemies that are symbolic of their feud could manifest in that void. To take an example from another game franchise, the internal conflict between Batman & Joker's persona in Batman Arkham Knight wasn't depicted in a cutscene but with actual (albeit heavily scripted) gameplay. The "worlds" could be MX having flashbacks to past events that he would have Terra walk through. Basically the villain monologue given a visualization.

Also, I'd like to point out that just last year we had a Disney film that showed that entire worlds exist inside of people's minds. Xehanort's 5 emotions could be like sub-bosses for Terra to beat the shit out of.

EchoFringe49

This made me think about how Terra is going to act when (or if) he gets his body back. Aqua shouldn't act too differently since time moves slower in the RoD and Ventus is just dreaming, whereas Terra has been completely helpless and aware for about 10 years. I imagine that would make a lot less trusting and less naïve. I'll be pretty disappointed if he's just the same ole terra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back