• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

3000 or 600 Jewel Packs, which is more worth it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
So, so far from the 600 Jewel packs where you get 3 medals, I've had a 5* KH Cloud, 5* Master Form Sora, 5* Sora Ver A, and a 4* Reverse Hag. The rest have just been medals I've used as upgrades, but I've nearly got enough for a 3000 Jewel pack at the moment, I'm just wondering if I'm going to regret this? I could use the 600 Pack 5 days in a row if I don't. How's everyone else's luck been? I really want a reverse medal sephiroth, some dude in my party has one and it's been my lifesaver since a very low level.

Also, does anyone else feel like the microtransactions in this game are absolutely insane? I've never seen something so ridiculously overpriced, are people legitimately throwing 10.99 away just for a pack of medals?

UPDATE: What time does the store reset too? It's definitely nowhere near GMT as it's 8AM here and it still thinks I've redeemed my pack for the day.

Last edited:
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah last night I was wondering the same thing, ended up buying the 3000 jem pack and ended up with 7 5-star medals, 2 4-star and 1 3-star, so pretty happy for a beginner

Am I right in saying that the Sephiroth medal is only available during an event?

And yeah, I watched a Youtube video last night of guys dropping $100 on 40 medals, seriously mobile game "micro"-transaction pricing is disgustingly out of control.

appleboy82791

Awards
You're far better off with doing several 600 packs. You'll get more medals for your jewels. And don't forget that it's possible to even get epic medals in the 600 pack (excluding Sephiroth and Illustrated Sora & Pals). The chances of getting 5* medals in the 600 pack is actually far better than people think it is. Most of the time when I get a 600 hundred pack I get at least 2 5* medals. Sometimes all 3 medals I've gotten were 5*. And in the past 4 days, I've actually gotten 2 different epic medals from the 600 pack.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it depends on what you're looking for. If you don't want to risk getting all crap (which is very possible in a 600 pack), then you should only stick to 3000 jewel packs that guarantee at least a few good medals.

I haven't been burned by any of the options yet, but I haven't bought very many in the first place.

appleboy82791

Awards
I think it depends on what you're looking for. If you don't want to risk getting all crap (which is very possible in a 600 pack), then you should only stick to 3000 jewel packs that guarantee at least a few good medals.

I haven't been burned by any of the options yet, but I haven't bought very many in the first place.

I disagree. Both the 3000 and 600 pack pull from the same pool of medals. You are just as likely to get crap in a 600 pack than a 3000 pack. However, when you spend 3000 jewels on a 3000 pack you only get 10 medals but if you spend 3000 jewels on 5 600 packs, you get 15 medals.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I disagree. Both the 3000 and 600 pack pull from the same pool of medals. You are just as likely to get crap in a 600 pack than a 3000 pack. However, when you spend 3000 jewels on a 3000 pack you only get 10 medals but if you spend 3000 jewels on 5 600 packs, you get 15 medals.

I should emphasize the "guaranteed" part. Even if the guaranteed medal they offer isn't great, you know you'll at least get a 4 star or 5 star (or even 6 star in the future if I remember right) medal. I don't think the same can be said for the lower packs, right? That's all I'm saying.

If I remember right, I didn't get anything extra extraordinary my last 3000 pull, but at least I got a high star Pinocchio that got me through Cerberus.

appleboy82791

Awards
I should emphasize the "guaranteed" part. Even if the guaranteed medal they offer isn't great, you know you'll at least get a 4 star or 5 star (or even 6 star in the future if I remember right) medal. I don't think the same can be said for the lower packs, right? That's all I'm saying.

If I remember right, I didn't get anything extra extraordinary my last 3000 pull, but at least I got a high star Pinocchio that got me through Cerberus.

All I'm saying is that there's no guarantee with either pack. Both packs pull from the same exact pool of medals. So yes, the same thing CAN in fact be said for the lower 600 pack. And no, you can't get a 6* medal from either. Trust me, I've gotten a lot a different kind of packs and I've found that the only difference between the 3000 pack and 5x 600 is that you get more of the same kind of medals in the 600 packs. Basically, you are NOT getting better medals in the 3000 pack, I promise. It's all the same medals.

(And Pinocchio is not a good medal. Most people would agree that Pinocchio is actually the worst "epic" medal there is.)

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Hag is awesome in my opinion.

So, now I have a black medal Hag and a purple one? What's going on here?

I tried out a 3000 pack today, probably just going to stick to the 600's but I also got my first bad draw from that today too, still I've ended up with a lot of pretty basic 5* medals that I'm unsure what to do with.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
All I'm saying is that there's no guarantee with either pack. Both packs pull from the same exact pool of medals. So yes, the same thing CAN in fact be said for the lower 600 pack. And no, you can't get a 6* medal from either. Trust me, I've gotten a lot a different kind of packs and I've found that the only difference between the 3000 pack and 5x 600 is that you get more of the same kind of medals in the 600 packs. Basically, you are NOT getting better medals in the 3000 pack, I promise. It's all the same medals.

(And Pinocchio is not a good medal. Most people would agree that Pinocchio is actually the worst "epic" medal there is.)

No, what I'm saying is... you're guaranteed to get at least a certain amount of starred medals, "good" medals. With the less packs, they don't guarantee anything similar. I'm not talking about the type of medals because yes, they pull from the same stack. I'm not saying you're more guaranteed to get Sephiroth or Sora and pals, but you'll get something worth some stars.

Sorakh212

Awards
I've only spent jewels on a 3000 pack a few times and honestly I've had more luck with the 600 or daily event packs. I've heard that the 3k pack tend to drop the more rare ones but I'm not sure what the formula, algorithm, drop rate, or w/e it is. If you're wondering if apps or games like these make money from packs and content like that the answer yes and it's A LOT of money. I remember the South Park guys talking about this on a commentary for their freemium games episode because they were approached to make a game like one of these basically like The Simpsons & Family Guy apps. The guys that pitched it to them said that while not everyone uses real money the ones that do spend a lot and it's really unethical in a sense when you consider the whole exploiting and or taking advantage of impatient and impulsive people. I just wish I could use jewels to get specific medals I want for a more overall enjoyable experience. That's the the way these types of games are designed though sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back