• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: Separate Destinies

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Kingdom Hearts: Separate Destinies
(To those of you just reading, you first need to read the intro which is in a different thread http://forums.khinsider.com/creative-writing/211095-kingdom-hearts-separate-destinies-intro.html)

*Chapter One: Rude Awakening*
"Kate, Kate! Wake up!"
I saw a person standing in front of me. I couldn't tell who it was.
"Who are you?" I responded. The figure disappeared saying, "You'll find out soon enough."
"Is she awake?"
"I don't know. Lea, try waking her!"
Waking up from sleep always feels wonderful, but this time I ached all over. It didn't get any better though.
"WAKE UP SLEEPYHEAD!!!!!"
I jumped from where I laid on the pavement just about had a heart attack, and smashed my head into someone else's wincing at the striking pain on my temples.
"Oww!!! Hey! Watch where you move!" he yelled, grabbing his face.
I felt dizzy when I rose from the ground, slowly regaining vision. I could see two small children in front of me, one child on the left with long, blue hair with a serious expression and the right the boy I smashed my head into. He had red, spiky hair.
"Who are you guys? Where am I? Where are my friends?" I began to rant.
"Calm down," the blue haired boy calmly spoke, "I'm Isa, and this clumsy one is named Lea."
Lea glared at Isa when he called him "clumsy".
"You're in Radiant Garden. We found you here on the ground unconscious, you kept muttering the name 'Tanner'. We thought the guy we saw earlier at the town might have been the person you were talking about. You must have hit your head hard or something. You probably lost your memory when you hit your head."​
I'm in another world then. That means I'm not in Daybreak Town anymore. Where are my friends? Muke? Kit? Tanner...? I should act like this world is where I live, I thought.
I blushed hearing that I said Tanner's name when I was asleep, and felt sudden alertness with the mention of the man
at the town.
"I'm fine, really. Umm, where is the town?" I asked. Both Lea and Isa pointed behind them where there was a
path. I nodded and ran towards that direction.
"Thank you!" I called to them. They waved having grins on their faces.
"Hope you can get your memory back!" Lea yelled.
Finally, I'll reach to Tanner, and hopefully find my friends. Everyone, I'm on my way!​

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
How mysterious! I wonder who it was speaking to Kate in the beginning of the story. Perhaps the antagonist? Anyways, it was greatly amusing to see Kate bump heads with Lea. That's what Lea gets for standing too close to someone asleep! And aw, how adorable of Kate to speak Tanner's name. Well, I eagerly look forward to chapter two. And it's nice to this more fleshed out. Nicely written, Howler. :)

Chuuya

Awards
tumblr_n7kiejN8tm1tvv19co1_500.gif

W-well I uhh.....thank you. I'm so flattered (stealing Axel's words)! This is really the first time I've let people read my stories.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Well done, Howler! I've worked on a bit of KH fan fiction a few years ago, so this is no stranger to me. I love how you introduced characters that fans of KH should immediately be familiar with, and have stayed true to their personalities, even with the little we have seen of them. It is difficult to keep everyone in character while writing a story, and so far you've done so well.

If I might give a tip, it is to infuse your protagonist with a deeper sense of emotion and feeling. Don't simply just have them go about their tasks, but show us how they feel and everything that's going through their head. Especially being that this is in first person, we're going to want to think and feel everything that your protagonist does. Awesome job so far.

Chuuya

Awards
Well done, Howler! I've worked on a bit of KH fan fiction a few years ago, so this is no stranger to me. I love how you introduced characters that fans of KH should immediately be familiar with, and have stayed true to their personalities, even with the little we have seen of them. It is difficult to keep everyone in character while writing a story, and so far you've done so well.

If I might give a tip, it is to infuse your protagonist with a deeper sense of emotion and feeling. Don't simply just have them go about their tasks, but show us how they feel and everything that's going through their head. Especially being that this is in first person, we're going to want to think and feel everything that your protagonist does. Awesome job so far.
Thanks! I know I had not put so many details in it of like the protagonist's feelings because that day I was in a hurry. I'll most likely edit the story a bit so it will make more sense. Alright, onto chapter 2!

*Chapter Two: Unknown Creatures*
I pounded my feet on the ground as I make my way to the town, beginning to lose breath. Those two boys were so helpful, but I couldn't tell them I was from another world. The master said that if anyone of us had ended up in another world, we shall not tell any person of that world that there is other worlds besides their's. I finally stop to try to catch my breath, and I bend down slowly and sit on the warm pavement. That peaceful moment of relaxation went away in 5 seconds. I hear a small scream from my right as I turn to see a small child possibly 3 years old with silver hair trying to run but falls on the pavement. I quickly jump up from where I sat and ran over to the child. I swiftly pick up the child. The poor thing was bawling and roaring as his eyes flooded with tears and I hugged the child tightly close to me.
"It's okay, calm down. Nothing is going to hurt you," I whispered.
At first the child began to calm down, until I see this black thing on the ground in front of us. It was moving! And it was flat on the ground. How could something flat be moving?
The black thing moved closer to us and magically changed from 2-dimensional to 3-dimensional. This black creature had long antennas and big yellow glowing eyes and claws.
I holded the child tighter with one hand and summoned my keyblade in the other, blocking this thing from us.
"How am I supposed to fight like this? And what is this thing?" I thought.
I swung the keyblade at the creature till it had disappeared in thin air. But then more appeared. And more and more and more. I fought so much, I couldn't fight much longer. I felt I was going to give up. Until...
"Kate!"
A person before me swings his keyblade and vanquishes all the creatures in the area, all of the creatures disappearing one by one. The area was clear. I look to see the person is Muke! Before I could talk to him, a woman comes up to me crying as she reaches out to the child I held.
"Ienzo! Oh thank goodness! Don't run off like that again! Oh thank you for saving him!" the woman cried. I smiled and nodded at her.
"You're welcome," I answered.
The woman took Ienzo out of my arms, hugging him tightly in her arms. As they walked away, Ienzo smiled at me. Somehow, I'm going to miss him.
Then Muke runs up to me, looking at me like I was a ghost.
"Kate! You're alive!" he spoke.
"Muke! You're alive too I can see!" I said sarcastically.
"What happened to you?"
"First, I want to know what happened to you. What happened to the others?"
"Well, everyone thought you didn't make it. We tried to get ourselves out of the creature's grip, but it was too strong. A guy in a black coat appeared and took you in a portal like thing. Master Ladren woke up and tried to run and save you, but the creature that was crushing everyone hit the master before he reached you. One at a time, all of us was being knocked out by lack of breath thanks to Mr. Creature for crushing us too much. Then I woke up here. No you, no anyone. Where are we Kate?"
I looked at Muke in the eye, trying to seep in everything of what I was just told. Master Ladren tried to save me? I look at him gravely, keeping from panicking.
"We're in another world Muke. We're not in Daybreak Town anymore. Welcome to Radiant Garden," I answered.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Aw, it was so sweet of Kate to protect Ienzo like that. Especially when she put him first and reassured him he'd be alright. Furthermore, I like how Muke rescued the both of them when Kate was low on energy. Right in the nick of time, wouldn't you say? And it's too bad everyone else had been held back by the Creature that kept them from rescuing Kate. Nice to see their Master cares about her too. I wonder what makes Kate so special to kidnap? (I mean this in a good way. xD I'm curious.) Can't wait for more chapters, Howler!

Chuuya

Awards
Aw, it was so sweet of Kate to protect Ienzo like that. Especially when she put him first and reassured him he'd be alright. Furthermore, I like how Muke rescued the both of them when Kate was low on energy. Right in the nick of time, wouldn't you say? And it's too bad everyone else had been held back by the Creature that kept them from rescuing Kate. Nice to see their Master cares about her too. I wonder what makes Kate so special to kidnap? (I mean this in a good way. xD I'm curious.) Can't wait for more chapters, Howler!
Thank you so much! :) Alright, next chapter!!!

*Chapter Three: Now I Know, Yet I Still Don't*

There was silence between us. Muke was wide-mouthed, the size of a dinner plate.
"What?!" Muke asked breathless.
"Didn't you hear me? We're in Radiant Garden. Not Daybreak Town," I answered.
"How did we get here Kate?"
"I keep asking myself that same question."
I paced back and forth, trying to think why we're here, only me and Muke. I stopped in my tracks, hearing a whistle from behind me. Me and Muke quickly turn around to face someone looking at us in a long, black coat. I couldn't see their face, there was a hood covering it. The figure turned around and suddenly a black portal-like-thing appeared in front of them. Then the figure walked into it, disappearing in darkness. Yet the portal was still there.
"Kate!"
I hesitated, hearing someone calling me, but it's so faint. I remember hearing this voice before! It's Tanner!
"Kate, go in the portal! Now! You must go in it, hurry!"
I didn't know if I could trust it, but I didn't care. It was Tanner who was calling me, I need to find him! I charged toward the portal, bracing myself for what I was about to face.
"K-Kate! What are you doing?!" I hear Muke call.
Before I could reach to the portal, I hear Muke struggle from behind me. I turn around to see something was holding him. I feel cold fear rising through my body, realizing what I was looking at. It was the creature from before! The one that was at Daybreak Town!
My head begins to throb. I hold my head in my hands, feeling a striking pain in my temples. Make it stop! I thought.
"Heartless"
There was a voice again, except it wasn't Tanner this time. I didn't know whose voice this was.
"H-heartless? W-what's a Heartless?!" I managed to speak. Everything started to make sense then. I remember the master told us about Heartless when I was very young, but I never paid attention to it. I thought Heartless weren't real. I looked up at the monster, the pain slowly fading away along with hearing the word, "Heartless", echo in my head.
"So, I guess you're a Heartless," I spoke, summoning my keyblade and stood in my stance.
"Bring it!" I yelled, running up to the Heartless.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Seriously, the way you describe individuals in black coats is outstanding. I don't think I told you that before but you deserve to hear that. It's one of the things that makes me smile. You got a great flow with characters and personality. I'm glad Kate didn't jump into the portal quite yet and stuck around to save Muke in return. I hope she kicks butt against her first heartless. And infatuation can be considered blinding. I hope Kate becomes more careful. Great chapter as always, Howler!

Chuuya

Awards
^ Kitkat, you don't know how much that means to me! That really touched my heart so much I'm in tears! :'D Thank you so much for reading and enjoying the story. Hopefully I'll continue this soon and sorry always for the long wait. :)

Chuuya

Awards
Alright, chapter 4!!!!!!! :D

*Chapter Four: Restored Order?*
Charging at the Heartless, it notices me and slams it's hands into the ground missing me by inches. I was given the opportunity to strike, but smaller Heartless appeared making the battle a struggle. I hear Muke have a strangled sound in his voice which gave me a boost of adrenaline.
After taking fierce blows into the Heartless' head and hands and dodging its attacks, the giant Heartless vanished in the air while releasing a heart. "Finally, it's over!" I thought. I've never been so wrong in my life.
Though I was breathless, I remembered.........MUKE! I glance quickly upward to see Muke falling at a high distance.
"Muke!" I shrieked.
I sprinted to where Muke was falling as I leap up to catch Muke. I close my eyes, prepared for impact.
No impact.
I slowly open one eye to see Muke staring at me with utter fear and shock. I was scared to look down, but I couldn't help it. Looking slowly downwards, I see the ground is meters away from our feet. Light surrounded both of us. I gasped as we slowly moved down to the ground and gently landed on our feet. The light surrounding us went away.
Shock couldn't describe what I was feeling, it was both joy and fear.
"What's happening to me?" I thought.
Muke stared at me wide-eyed like I was a magician, letting go of me and stepped back.
"W-what did you do?! How did you do that?!" he shuddered. That question kept replaying in my mind.
"I-I don't know! I was only trying to save you and-" I stopped. I turn around to see the portal still exists. Muke walks up slowly next to me.
"You weren't going to leave me, were you?" he asked quietly.
"No no no, I wouldn't ever! I just-"
Muke put his hand on my shoulder, showing plead in his eyes.
"Kate... I don't what's happening to you, but you need to stay."
"Muke, I have to go. We need help."
"No you don't. It's too dangerous Kate, and we could wait for help here!"
"What if help never comes? That portal could be our only golden ticket to finding the others and even the master."
Muke gave me a look of concern and crossed his arms while I began walking towards the portal.
"Well, then I'm coming with you!" Muke shouted, running and stopping next to me. I grinned at him, trying to tell him everything will be fine. Now we face the portal, holding our breaths while we prepare for what is on the other side.
"You ready?" I asked Muke.
"Ready as I'll ever be..." he answered. Muke had a worried expression on his face that made me begin to worry.
"Now go!" I yelled.
We raced each other and leaped into the portal, everything turning from light to dark.

Finding myself yet again face-planted in the ground, lovely. I quickly pick myself up from the ground I was laying on to find out I was laying on sand. I quickly spin around and scan the area to find myself on.......an island! Yes, an island, because I'm completely surrounded by water. I see a big, beautiful blue sky above me. I can feel the calm wind brushing my skin and hearing the wind through the trees. I felt calm and relaxed like I could sleep.
"This place is so beautiful..." I spoke softly. Then I come to realize Muke is nowhere in sight.
"Muke!!!" I screamed, feeling worry and fright of not knowing where he could be.
I begin to run to search for him, but then become surrounded by Heartless in seconds. One after another appeared as I summoned out my keyblade, not wanting to fight at a moment like this.
"Oh come on! I don't got time for this!" I whined.
Then I see someone running up to me, a familiar face I knew.
"Hey hey hey! Don't have all the fun without me!" Osprey called.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Every chapter has gotten even better than the last. Definitely worth the wait. <3 I'm really enjoying Kate taking charge and being brave against the heartless. I'm equally as surprised as the two of them about her brief flying ability. I wonder if someone else had a hand in it, cause I know somebody like King Mickey would look after keyblade wielders. On the other hand, I instantly thought of Tinkerbell and Peter Pan. So I can't wait to find out what's happening to Kate. And are they on Destiny Island now? :D I'm starting to think all of her friends are scattered on different worlds. Each one she meets either disappears aka kidnapped once Kate leaves or goes with her. I'm suspicious. xD Either way, awesome chapter, Howler!

Chuuya

Awards
Every chapter has gotten even better than the last. Definitely worth the wait. <3 I'm really enjoying Kate taking charge and being brave against the heartless. I'm equally as surprised as the two of them about her brief flying ability. I wonder if someone else had a hand in it, cause I know somebody like King Mickey would look after keyblade wielders. On the other hand, I instantly thought of Tinkerbell and Peter Pan. So I can't wait to find out what's happening to Kate. And are they on Destiny Island now? :D I'm starting to think all of her friends are scattered on different worlds. Each one she meets either disappears aka kidnapped once Kate leaves or goes with her. I'm suspicious. xD Either way, awesome chapter, Howler!
Thanks! Now onto the next one! :D

*Chapter Five: Not Again...*
Osprey rushed in front of me, bringing out her keyblade and swinging the blade at the Heartless. Summoning out mine, I joined with her in the small fight. I felt so relieved Osprey was with me, and that I wasn't alone here after all. The Heartless just kept spawning and spawning which seemed endless.
Once the Heartless stopped appearing, Osprey and I breathed hard and she fell to the ground on her butt.
"Man, that was some good exercise! Am I right? Heh, I can see you're not dead!" she spoke.
I stood there next to Osprey and looked at my feet. So many things on my mind; Myself, Muke, Tanner, everyone else....
"You okay? What happened? What's wrong?" Osprey asked.
I told Osprey what happened before I got there, every word that came out of my mouth quivered.
"Wow, you must be a fairy then!" Osprey replied. I glared at her trying to keep from imagining me being a fairy.
"Look, have you seen Muke anywhere?" I mumbled, getting annoyed.
"I haven't seen Muke anywhere, only seen you. Been boring here actually! Now I finally have some company other than the Heartless!"
I looked down at Osprey, starting to grow more worried and annoyed.
"Osprey, we got to search for everyone! Not lay here and be lazy bums!" I yelled.
"Sheesh, quit whining and enjoy a nice tranquil day like me!" Osprey harped.
I was really losing my patience.
"Osprey, we're losing time and our friends might be in danger, we don't know! So would you just GET UP!" I roared, feeling every ounce of anger in my body.
Then, I couldn't move.....
My body was frozen in place from where I stood. Then I heard a laugh, a maniacal laugh that filled me with fear. Osprey rose from where she laid and turned to face me, still laughing. The image of her dissolved away to reveal Tanner, with the glowing eyes I saw earlier.
"Awww, can't move can you?" he spoke coldly in my ear. I struggled to move, but could only move just a little.
"Urgh..... who are you...you... CREEP?!" I managed to say.
There was that laugh again that made me for the first time want to slap him.
"Who do you think sweetheart? Your-," he made air quotes with his fingers, "-your loverboy Tanner. Well, not actually anymore."
I felt rage grow in me, I wanted to scream at him.
"You.......didn't answer...... my question!"
Before the so-called Tanner could speak, another figure appeared behind him. I was starting to lose vision, like I was going to sleep. But I could tell who the other person was........it was Jaz. She walked up next to "Tanner", showing no expression on her face.
She didn't have the glowing eyes like "Tanner".....what in the world is going on? "Tanner" looked at Jaz and smiled.
"Hello sister, glad you could join us," he spoke.
"S-sister?!"
"Jaz is your sister?!" I yelled.
"Yes. And I think it is time for you to awake a greater power Kate," Jaz whispered.
"Greater....? Sorry, not interested," I replied.
Then "Tanner" reached his hand towards me, darkness forming in his hand. I tried to jerk away and summon out my keyblade. But I didn't move an inch.
"It's no use!" ​​ I thought.
"Tanner" smirked when he saw the fear on my face.
"Your anger opened up a clear path for me to let darkness I possess flow into your heart. He can't protect you forever!"
The darkness surrounding "Tanner's" hand flew and shot straight into my heart.
I gasped and collapsed to the ground, my vision clouding up with darkness. I could hear "Tanner's" cold laugh again that sounded so distant now.
"Have fun," he chuckled.
I tried to move, but my strength felt like it was draining away. I gave up.
"Not again!" I screamed in my head. ​

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
And the plot thickens! Wow, I didn't expect it to be Tanner all along posing as Osprey like that. I wonder who 'him' happens to be that was protecting Kate? *o* Seriously, I'm impressed with this story and it's consistency with each and every chapter. You make it so compelling to read that it has me hooked! I really want to know what happens next! And I wonder what part Jaz has to play with a possessed Tanner? I like how whoever is controlling Tanner knows the feelings Kate has for him in secret too. Can't wait for more, Howler!

Chuuya

Awards
Thank you! Hopefully I'll work on the next chapter soon! I'm going to be quite busy soon. ^_^'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back