• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E3 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
i'ma slap precursor in the face with my balls after i powder them blue while wearing a PS VR headset so he will forever feel the impact from this e3

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
A for effort, Precursor.

Can we just talk about how great that new Zelda game looks?

Also, I cannot believe Sony actually made me care about a God of War game.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
A for effort, Precursor.

Can we just talk about how great that new Zelda game looks?

Also, I cannot believe Sony actually made me care about a God of War game.

Oh man, Zelda looks fantastic. The survival elements that were implemented were a bit unexpected, but is definitely a cool addition. I love how they're taking Zelda and making it feel foreign and obscure again.

I've always thought of God of War to be pretty fun, but now I actually am starting to care about Kratos, for the first time in what will soon be 8 games. I love how the developers are giving him a more human side, as it was much needed for the series. The new gameplay looks awesome as well.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
New revamped God of War, Last Guardian, Resident Evil 7, beautiful VR games (like seriously that is the best graphics we've seen on any VR demo thus far even from Oculus), Master Kojima's new game (you cannot say to my face that that does not deserve a reward on that merit alone), Horizon....Nah. Nah. Totally all terrible games in the making.

Am I the only one intimidated by the new Zelda? I mean, I am so used to going from dungeon to dungeon, flirting with the overworld before I find myself in a closed off area. All the freedom, the crafting, the exploring, I just seem endless hours upon hours of time being devoted to this one game. I desperately want this now more than ever.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
English footage and gameplay

[video=youtube;7vUBWimTKFE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vUBWimTKFE[/video]

This should have been demo'd instead of Days Gone :(

EchoFringe49

Haven't been following E3 much, but it seems okay so far. There weren't too many new games revealed that i'm looking forward to, apart from FF12ZA and maybe Spider-Man. The new stuff from Legend of Zelda, Last Guardian, Horizon and 2.8 has me pretty excited tho
English footage and gameplay

[video=youtube;7vUBWimTKFE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vUBWimTKFE[/video]

This should have been demo'd instead of Days Gone :(
looks like such a huge improvement over the first one (which i loved). did they reveal a release date?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There's a lot they should've put in. That, Nier Automata, and Persona 5. They would've insanely benefited from the boosted coverage and wide audience watching.
I was fine without Nier since they had Square Enix Presents but I was surprised they weren't showing off Persona.

looks like such a huge improvement over the first one (which i loved). did they reveal a release date?
Just a re-confirmed 2016 date alongside its box art.

Precursor Mar

New revamped God of War, Last Guardian, Resident Evil 7, beautiful VR games (like seriously that is the best graphics we've seen on any VR demo thus far even from Oculus), Master Kojima's new game (you cannot say to my face that that does not deserve a reward on that merit alone), Horizon....Nah. Nah. Totally all terrible games in the making.

I don't know what demo you were seeing, but what they showed, was not God of War. It didn't look like God of War. It didn't play like God of War. And it didn't kick ass like God of War. God of War is about ripping into a rancor's ribcage, gouging out a god's guts, banging big tittied bitches. That's God of War!
What isn't God of War is touchy-feely father-son bonding and boring walk-and-talkathons. Keep that shit in cutscenes where they belong.

And the combat? The Witcher 3 was praised for many things, but a deep and unrestrictive combat system was not diddlying one of them. So why am I watching Kratos bumble the hell around making pot shots Geralt style? God of War is a HACK AND SLASH. Where are the combos, grapples, throws, air juggles, and cancels? What I saw in that demo was devolution in every conceivable way. It was awful. The DMC reboot was (rightfully) burned in effigy for doing the exact same thing. So unless they take this time to fix everything, this game should receive the same treatment.

Death Stranding was literally just a concept trailer with no gameplay whatsoever. Something gamers have held against E3 for years, but of course since it's Kojima then that's everyone's cue to empty their bank accounts. The only thing this man should get a reward for is setting the record for the amount of times someone can plaster their name all over a piece of media. And I'll say that to your face, to your hand, to every individual skin cell in your body.

And I'm sorry to break it to you, but all I'm hearing about Resi 7 from RE fans is that the game is a PT clone. If RE7 ends up being in any way similar to it's predecessors then all Sony showed us is a section of the game that the large majority of people won't even be able to play.

The Last Guardian is all fine and dandy but it was just a short "Hey this game still exists" trailer. Sony spent more time talking about VR's price point than Last Guardian.

Speaking of VR, you really think people are gonna line up in droves to buy a peripheral that's more expensive than the console it's freaking attached to? Just to play a bunch of tech demos? Yeah, I'll take "Shit that killed the Kinect" for $500, Alex. So glad they wasted almost 30 minutes on this.

Oh yeah, objectively the best E3 in years. No Gravity Rush 2, no Persona 5, no Yakuza Kiwami/6, no FF7 Remake, no KH3; but we gotta show the new Lego game! Go Sony!

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I don't know what demo you were seeing, but what they showed, was not God of War. It didn't look like God of War. It didn't play like God of War. And it didn't kick ass like God of War. God of War is about ripping into a rancor's ribcage, gouging out a god's guts, banging big tittied bitches. That's God of War!
What isn't God of War is touchy-feely father-son bonding and boring walk-and-talkathons. Keep that shit in cutscenes where they belong.

And the combat? The Witcher 3 was praised for many things, but a deep and unrestrictive combat system was not diddlying one of them. So why am I watching Kratos bumble the hell around making pot shots Geralt style? God of War is a HACK AND SLASH. Where are the combos, grapples, throws, air juggles, and cancels? What I saw in that demo was devolution in every conceivable way. It was awful. The DMC reboot was (rightfully) burned in effigy for doing the exact same thing. So unless they take this time to fix everything, this game should receive the same treatment.

Death Stranding was literally just a concept trailer with no gameplay whatsoever. Something gamers have held against E3 for years, but of course since it's Kojima then that's everyone's cue to empty their bank accounts. The only thing this man should get a reward for is setting the record for the amount of times someone can plaster their name all over a piece of media. And I'll say that to your face, to your hand, to every individual skin cell in your body.

And I'm sorry to break it to you, but all I'm hearing about Resi 7 from RE fans is that the game is a PT clone. If RE7 ends up being in any way similar to it's predecessors then all Sony showed us is a section of the game that the large majority of people won't even be able to play.

The Last Guardian is all fine and dandy but it was just a short "Hey this game still exists" trailer. Sony spent more time talking about VR's price point than Last Guardian.

Speaking of VR, you really think people are gonna line up in droves to buy a peripheral that's more expensive than the console it's freaking attached to? Just to play a bunch of tech demos? Yeah, I'll take "Shit that killed the Kinect" for $500, Alex. So glad they wasted almost 30 minutes on this.

Oh yeah, objectively the best E3 in years. No Gravity Rush 2, no Persona 5, no Yakuza Kiwami/6, no FF7 Remake, no KH3; but we gotta show the new Lego game! Go Sony!

Never in my life have I seen a post that sounded so butthurt. XD

It wasn't the "best e3 ever". Th much is certain. But it by far wasn't the worst one.

Death Stranding being a concept trailer is reasonable: the engine hasn't even been chosen yet. The excitement due to it is for a new IP from the guy who made Metal Gear Solid. That is enough for some people, whether you agree with that or not. It doesn't matter to most whether his name is on every cover or not. Most people don't care.

Also, while it IS strange that they omitted those games, the fact that those are all RPGs or niche titles should be considered. Not as many people are going to buy and play those as say, God of War or Call of Duty. They advertise what will most likely sell. As sad as it is.

Heck, I've never even played a Persona game...

And FFVIIR and KH3 being at E3 is up to Square, not Sony. Take that up with them.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

We still get Persona 5 in 2017. I don't think it was all that necessary to show it at E3, when we have the release date and a trailer of it already. Anything else would be a spoiler of the game itself. And FF7 Remake would probably take too much of the limelight away from FFXV right now. And same goes for KH3, when we're getting 2.8. And I heard Gravity Rush 2 is still on schedule. Any other game you've listed I haven't played or bothered to look into, because it doesn't interest me any, so I can't give an opinion about it.

Don't get me wrong, I do see your frustration. However, Xblade said it well enough about RPGs versus the standard Halo, Destiny, Call of Duty and God of War. Most people will sooner buy those than say Persona 5 or Final Fantasy. That's how it's always been.

I don't see much wrong with Resident Evil 7 being a PT clone. It'd be awesome to have it fleshed out more. I don't quite understand what you mean by a large majority of people being unable to play it.

VR was going to happen eventually and a lot of people reacted positively to it. The price it is right now will eventually drop after large video game communities buy it out. (Like Rooster Teeth for example.) I doubt it'll get super low but, those who can afford it will get to it first. And this is probably well played on their part, so they're not losing money by giving them away for a lower price. I'd like to think this is their way of testing it out further with demos and advertising it with bigger game companies and communities, who can afford to blow the money off on it before the general public can get their hands on it at an affordable price. (Btw, this is just my view on it in general. Take it with a grain of salt. And I don't really want VR anyhow, cause I can't handle first person games due to getting dizzy.)

E3 didn't have much for me this year. I won't say it was the best or the worst it could be.

Last edited:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Actually, Resident Evil 7 was in development before PT was. It's just a coincidence that they're very similar in terms of gameplay, but that demo isn't meant to show the final product. They said there'll be combat and stuff; I posted that interview in its thread. And the game isn't exclusive to VR, it's multiplatform on Xbone and PC as well.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Even though Nintendo may not have won this year's e3, THE LEGEND OF ZELDA - Breath of the Wild was apparently the most talked game on the entire event. Other than that, its DEMO had a ridiculous waiting line.

Anyone else think that Breath of the Wild was e3's gem this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back