• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Watch: Footage of Kingdom Hearts HD DDD and 0.2 Birth by Sleep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

EchoFringe49

To anyone that played DDD at e3, did you get a chance to use reality shift? If so, how did that work. 0.2 is looking fresh btw, I loved that bizzaga rail that Aqua rode across a few times
Interesting. Do you know how long the demo is in its entirety (don't wanna watch the videos 'cause I wanna avoid spoilers)?
New Interview with series Director Tetsuya Nomura about Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and Kingdom Hearts III - Kingdom Hearts News - KH13.com - KH13.com, for Kingdom Hearts The new interview states that its as long as a world in KH3, so I would guess its no shorter than an hour and no longer than 3

aqualight

Oh wow i am so stunned at how beautiful the landscape is, especially how this'll pass on to kh3. it's honestly breathtaking.

but seriously, while aqua didn't look too bad most of the time, that terra cutscene still looked so off... ESPECIALLY TERRA IN THE FIRST FEW SECONDS. I don't want to get too much on the down sides of things but he looked like a plastic doll, but i watched it again and aqua and him look mostly fine right after that... so it was just a little weird

BUT TO GET BACK ON THE TRAIN OF HAPPINESS CASTLE OF DREAMS LOOKS SO BLOODY AMAZING I LOOK AT IT IN UTTER AWE. THERE'S MANY MOMENTS WHERE I AM JUST OVER MY HEALS IN LOVE, BUT LIKE FOR EXAMPLE THE SHOT AT 1:47 IN THE LAST AQUA VIDEO IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL AND MY SOUL HAS DESCENDED TO ANOTHER REALM

Cactuar

I have to admit I wasn't a huge fan of Aqua's new model when I first saw it, but the more and more I see it in cutscenes I realize that it's looking really nice actually. The 0.2 gameplay is looking pretty nice and fluid too. The sliding on the blizzard spell is pretty cool.

And omg 3D in 60 fps makes my heart so happy. I don't really mind if games are in 30 fps instead of 60 fps, but it's SO NICE WHEN THEY ACTUALLY ARE. I'm actually much more excited for 3D now ahah

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Aqua looks great, the environments look incredible, the combat looks like KH2, DDD looks really slick in 60fps, and Terra's face looks quite bad.

Just tweak them character models and we good, Square.

Muke

whatever
Awards
latest
109uwLj.jpg

Holy crap! 0_0

Fuck. What's that supposed to mean now? Fuck.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
The Terra reveal is kind of anticlimactic and Aqua's dialogue after she sees him makes her sound more like a member of these forums than an actual character in the game. I realize there's not a whole lot of places they could have gone with that and at least it makes sense though so it's whatever.

Yessss to this 0.2 platforming. I love the bizarre, twisty kind of features of the (un?)collapsed pathway, it reminds me of exploring Oogie's base in Halloween Town in KH1. That kind of level design was so fun and imaginative, I pray KH3 gets back to that and if this is a sign of what's to come I'll take it as a good one. It really makes me excited for the potential an area like Mount Olympus might hold.

Spell casting looks sweet. But I'm not sold on the blizzaga makeshift ice skating rink, just looks like a standard grind rail from any skating game ever (and DDD). I love the way Thundaga looks though. It's like snap, crackle, DIE DIE DIE.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Interesting. Do you know how long the demo is in its entirety (don't wanna watch the videos 'cause I wanna avoid spoilers)?
15 to 20 minutes depending on how quickly you play it.

There isn't too much more story content than what was in the trailer.

Sdog

Awards
Combat and environment is looking stellar! The models still need to be worked on and the movement is way too quick when she's just moving from place to place. Like it's kind of distracting and ridiculous how much ground she covers in one step...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
was it just me or did aqua's movement look kind of floaty? other than that, everything looks solid.

Muke

whatever
Awards
was it just me or did aqua's movement look kind of floaty? other than that, everything looks solid.
I guess it's just her style, if ya get what I mean. Wasn't she floaty in BBS as well? (maybe not as much though)

Awards
I am not sure if you guys are joking or not.

It's the shadow of his head and hair.
It looks like Master Xehanort.

and the movement is way too quick when she's just moving from place to place. Like it's kind of distracting and ridiculous how much ground she covers in one step..
Well, how else is she supposed to cover more ground in a pretty long and large world? I move that fast sometimes.

D

Deleted member 244427

If this game needs something implemented it's speedometer.

However I think it's good while 0.2 attempts to present new looks and mechanics of upcoming KH3 they still preserved some BBS aspects and Aquas combat movements. On top of that I have to admit those 2D portraits look nice

20qhs9f.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sally-boiii

Awards
Why would it need a speedometer implemented if at least 99% of the time you're walking? That doesn't really seem to make sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back