• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E3 2016: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Hands-On Walkthrough

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Man, I missed the exciting news and the snarkshow? Stupid summer classes.
Welp, as someone who was extremely pleased with the original DDD in all its low framerate-ness, I gotta say that this looks gorgeous and I'm 100% sold. And if Fragmentary Passage really does feel like KH2... well, that's excellent news in itself, but more importantly, this means that KH3 will feel the same way too. Couldn't be happier.

Hirokey123

Awards
I'm curious did they improve the hitstun in DDD in 2.8? I'm watching the videos and it looks like Riku's attacks are for the most part making the dream eaters reel, especially in that trailer during the style the enemies are flinching like crazy and Riku actually *gasp* canceled an enemy attack with his style which I don't think I've ever seen happen usually you just bounce off or be canceled out yourself. Or is the new frame rate just giving the illusion they are flinching?

Also mother of god I immediately am in love with how they changed up the reality shifts. Just summoning a giant web of light you can travel around freely is sooo much better then pausing the game to draw a whole path.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Ah, a new Dream Eater! Well, Catnuki is just another Meow Wow, but it's still a new Dream eater so I'm excited!
0.2 looks simply amazing! Thank you guys so much for the footage!

Thanks for the footage, I'm as exited for DDD's new content as I'm appalled by Terra's face.

gjmtc8U.jpg

Like seriously, what's going on at SE?
What are you talking about? He looks as brainless as ever! XD
It doesn't look all that bad considering it's a screenshot from a camera and not from, say a capture device or official release shot from SE.
Now his pants. Those bother me. They just don't look right.

....And his shoulder thingy looks like plastic.

That's compressed weirdly. It doesn't look like that IRL.
I noticed you didn't say it looked better in real life. XD

Since the 0.2 demo was just a bit of the whole thing, I wonder if there will be another boss.
I hope so. That wave of Shadow Heartless looked like a mini-boss.

Oathkeyper97

So am I the only one that is, like, totally fine with Terra's model, face included? I'm just straight-up content with it. Is that weird?

Awards
So am I the only one that is, like, totally fine with Terra's model, face included? I'm just straight-up content with it. Is that weird?
Nah, it ain't weird. I'm fine with it too. Probably because I don't have many standards. Also the current image we have is compressed oddly.

Sally-boiii

Awards
I am in the same boat the HD-ifying of the game looks well done to me. And.... I just want the game. Like everyone else. Can't really complain

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

I don't think it looks bad, but considering what we've seen from even Back Cover, I still get the feeling that they aren't quote finished with the character models. We know for a fact that the game hasn't gone gold yet, so there's still work left to be done in some area of the game. I think it looks fine, but not great. It could definitely use some work, but I wouldn't throw a fit if it released like this. I'm more interested in the gameplay and the improvements that come with the current generation of hardware, and based on what Spock has said, I couldn't be happier with what they're doing on that front.

Also, DDD looks so good, I can't wait to get into that again. Shoutout to Spock for blowing my hype out of proportion with this collection.

Royce & Mueller

I'll just copy and paste this from my thread:
To all who are currently attending (attended) E3 and got their hands on the DDD HD demo, I've got a few pretty straight-forward questions:

How are Reality Shifts triggered? A downward swipe on the touch-pad? Also, how exactly do they work? How do you, for example, connect the dots for Faithline? Do you just move the analog stick around for Slingshot? And lastly, what are the UI changes? Any photos, or videos of them in action?

Thanks. :)

Awards
I'll just copy and paste this from my thread:
Reality Shifts seem to be activated by pressing Circle and Triangle, and I don't think you have to connect any dots for faithline. And for the UI, they added a third slot to the Command Deck, along with two other sections dedicated to Dream Links and switching out Dream Eaters. Oh, and they made the HP bar thick.

Royce & Mueller

Reality Shifts seem to be activated by pressing Circle and Triangle, and I don't think you have to connect any dots for faithline. And for the UI, they added a third slot to the Command Deck, along with two other sections dedicated to Dream Links and switching out Dream Eaters. Oh, and they made the HP bar thick.

That doesn't make sense. The NA version (which is the one present at E3) uses X instead of O, and it's really impractical to need to press both of those simultaneously. As for the UI, I was wondering about the Reality Shift UI.

Sonicfan2525

Awards

I don't think he looks that bad at all. They have several more months of polishing to do anyways, so I doubt it will be a problem by the time the game comes out in December.

Awards
That doesn't make sense. The NA version (which is the one present at E3) uses X instead of O, and it's really impractical to need to press both of those simultaneously. As for the UI, I was wondering about the Reality Shift UI.
The info bar in DDD HD said "Press Circle + Triangle to activate Reality Shift", and the Reality Shift UI is just pretty much the icon/name for the Reality Shift.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
And yet it's the NA version which had gameplay shown where X was to attack, and the info bar said Reality Shift is activated with O and Triangle

Ck9aEDtVEAAA6p0.jpg:large

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
0.2 looks fantastic. Though Aqua still looks unfinished, she still looks really fantastic for the most part. Also, that Pixar animation reel up above is much appreciated as it gives some perspective to where Square must be in terms of progress. The characters in Ratatouille have that same problem in the next-to-last stage where they look good but still annoyingly unfinished, but that lighting makes them look perfect. If it's just the lighting that Square needs to pin down to make the characters look perfect, then I think we'll be good when the final products of 2.8 and 3 come out.

The combat looks fantastic. Those air combos immediately reminded me of KH2 and I am immensely pleased. The game looks absolutely great.

Terra looks atrocious, but given how briefly he appears and how this game still appears to be unfinished since this is a demo (FFXV's Episode Duscae didn't look particularly amazing to my eyes, but the Platinum Demo did, for example) I'm thinking that Terra's face is REALLY unfinished. At least I hope so. Not gonna be able to take a single scene he's in seriously with a derp face like that.

Sally-boiii

Awards
Does Aqua seem to be moving a tad bit fast to anyone? It seems odd to me honestly. It's almost like she's covering the distance of 2-3 steps with one, and it looks weird. Small thing, but I suppose it's noteworthy. Meh, honestly. Nbd

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Does Aqua seem to be moving a tad bit fast to anyone? It seems odd to me honestly. It's almost like she's covering the distance of 2-3 steps with one, and it looks weird. Small thing, but I suppose it's noteworthy. Meh, honestly. Nbd

A lot of people have mentioned this. She seems to be moving a bit too fast. Hopefully they slow her down a bit in the final version of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back