• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 2.8 E3 2016 Trailer Confirms Worldwide December 2016 Release

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Re: Aqua Reveals Her Face In New Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Trailer

I could go on complimenting how fantastic this trailer is but everybody else already took the words out of my mouth. Now, I'm more interested in X Back Cover than 0.2. for the simple fact that it's entirely new lore to explore.

The Japanese trailer has an extra little gameplay element missing from the English trailer.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

It's a good thing you noticed that. Nomura said that reaction commands wouldn't be in Kingdom Hearts III. Glad to see that they're still treating 0.2. as its own thing and not just a segmented Kingdom Hearts III.

Also, is it just me or is the black cloaked character who said "Nope, not possible!" is voiced by Quinton Flynn?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

There's a close up view of the zipper of the black coat guy

Spoiler Spoiler Show

That looks actually like a mixture of Eraqus' symbol/Mark of Mastery symbol and the Unversed emblem...???

---

I wonder for what they would remove a single letter? Do they think it ending with the "a" makes it a feminine name or what?

RevenantMemory

Whoa, nice find!

Er... which Coat Guy is this? The one who held the dandelions or the one that doesn't give af about the apocalypse?

It was the one who doesn't give af about the apocalypse :)

Sonicfan2525

Awards

Oh lord that trailer was freaking amazing. Its almost everything I wanted it to be. I am actually having a really hard time putting into words just how much I loved it.

As for the whole deal with the character models, I am pretty sure its a lighting issue. They look so much better here compared to the ones in the 2.8 trailer from December, so I think they have been improved even if they still aren't perfect. The game has several more months of development, so maybe they will modify it by the game's release date.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

idk what everyone's talking about, "problems with the character models." If you ask me, they look stellar and I'd be 100% happy to have the game/demo/movie the way it is right now.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Now I wanna know what this mixed up zipper is about.
Damn you Nomura!

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

I wonder for what they would remove a single letter? Do they think it ending with the "a" makes it a feminine name or what?
That's probably it. Let's not forget they also changed the pronunciation of Lea. They clearly just do not like dude chars having vaguely feminine sounding names I guess. (watch as Skuld becomes Skula or some shit)

Awards

idk what everyone's talking about, "problems with the character models." If you ask me, they look stellar and I'd be 100% happy to have the game/demo/movie the way it is right now.
I agree with you, Bossprey!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'm just so happy Back Cover has some actual moving camera shots rather than the static shots we're usually given. They're treating it more like a movie (which was obvious when they called it a movie but w/e).

And my little babe, Chirithy is so small and precious I want to hug him

Ckbg62zXAAAcCx-.jpg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It's a good thing you noticed that. Nomura said that reaction commands wouldn't be in Kingdom Hearts III. Glad to see that they're still treating 0.2. as its own thing and not just a segmented Kingdom Hearts III.

Also, is it just me or is the black cloaked character who said "Nope, not possible!" is voiced by Quinton Flynn?

It's not a reaction command.

Also no, that is not Quinton Flynn.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards

For the Japanese trailer at least, The voice for Unicornis is most definitely the same as Riku. And the voice for Leopardos is most definitely the same as Roxas/Ven.

The Black hooded guy at the beginning is different from the quirky one at the end with Unicornis.

Also Ava reminded me of Xion/Kairi

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

Oh lord that trailer was freaking amazing. Its almost everything I wanted it to be. I am actually having a really hard time putting into words just how much I loved it.

As for the whole deal with the character models, I am pretty sure its a lighting issue. They look so much better here compared to the ones in the 2.8 trailer from December, so I think they have been improved even if they still aren't perfect. The game has several more months of development, so maybe they will modify it by the game's release date.

While I think they look sweet right now, I agree. The trailer was not cut this week, those clips are older, so with 6-7 months of development left from when that piece was taken from the trailer to when we'll see the game only leads to a ton of improvement. I'm happy with the look now, so I can't wait to see how it has improved in December.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

That's probably it. Let's not forget they also changed the pronunciation of Lea. They clearly just do not like dude chars having vaguely feminine sounding names I guess. (watch as Skuld becomes Skula or some shit)
Wait, Lea's name pronunciation was changed? Since when? (I mean, Lea is a common guy name AND it's usually pronounced "Lee." I don't see the problem here...?)

Also, "they" seem just fine with Sora and Terra being the names of guys. I don't think I've met a lot of male characters who were named that outside of KH.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

For the Japanese trailer at least, The voice for Unicornis is most definitely the same as Riku. And the voice for Leopardos is most definitely the same as Roxas/Ven.

The Black hooded guy at the beginning is different from the quirky one at the end with Unicornis.

Also Ava reminded me of Xion/Kairi

Nope. All new voice actors in Japanese as well.

Cactuar

OMG I wasn't sure what to expect but this trailer man...

When 2.8 was first announced I was originally looking most forward to 0.2 but now BC looks SO good. It looks so intriguing.

The Ursus foreteller is definitely voiced by Travis Willingham. I was trying to figure out why the Unicornis foreteller sounds so familiar, and I think it might be Nolan North!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

To each his/her own I'd say. I'm ok with the models and don't care about any nitpicking so I'll just ignore it alltogether, but I certainly won't rain in some people's parade who feel that it is an issue worth talking about.
Maybe making an own thread about this issue would be a good move as then those people who do not really have a problem with it can simply stay out of the topic?

Now I wanna know what this mixed up zipper is about.
Damn you Nomura!

I'm also already thinking about that as so far I actually was on the impression that Eraqus' symbol/Mark of Mastery emblem is more connected with the Nobody symbol which seems to be an upside down variant of it.
The Dream Eater symbols, especially the one of the nightmares, also comes into mind again.

Not to mention that zipper symbol also contains a blade in addition to sporting an "X"...

Well, "Lea" is a girl's name at least from where I come from but I won't rule out that it can actually be used as an unisex name after all.
Strictly spoken "Terra" is also a girl's name and they didn't change that.

Isn't Skuld an actual person's name taken from mythology while Ephemera normally just describes a phenomena?

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

I could go on complimenting how fantastic this trailer is but everybody else already took the words out of my mouth. Now, I'm more interested in X Back Cover than 0.2. for the simple fact that it's entirely new lore to explore.

I'm totally still more excited for 0.2 than back cover, only because it's so close to KH3. Honestly, I thought they were reaction commands too on my first watch. Upon future viewings of the trailer I have come to the conclusion that they are not.
I'm just so happy Back Cover has some actual moving camera shots rather than the static shots we're usually given. They're treating it more like a movie (which was obvious when they called it a movie but w/e).

And my little babe, Chirithy is so small and precious I want to hug him

Ckbg62zXAAAcCx-.jpg

YES. The new camera angles are fantastic. I hope we get more of that in 0.2 and KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back