• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH 2.8 E3 2016 Trailer Confirms Worldwide December 2016 Release

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Aqua Reveals Her Face In New Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Trailer

It was definitely Terra.
I hope he won't just be some sort of illusion or dream though.
Also: Yeah, december. Figures as much, haha.

Definitely Terra in some form, just what form remains to be seen and if she can meet a form of him, there's also the possibility of her meeting others as well.
Then again though, it could be just the world repeating events from before it fell to Darkness just like the sleeping worlds in DDD do as well.

December 8 would be a dream come true to me. I mean it.
Would be a birthday present for me, so seconded.

But it looks to me that there is actually two different people in the Black Coat, if we assume the person speaking at first is one of them, then the one in the scene with Ira is different?

Since I right no have no sound at my PC I can't speak about voices, but the mannerisms of the "second coat guy" certainly look more like something Braig/Xigbar-ish than a dignified "Master of Masters" probably would behave.

Awards

Rather if we'll see any more of him than that 0.5 seconds.

There's no way it will show all of him. It's clearly just a memory of hers from when they met in CoD. As soon as she turns around, he'll be gone, and all we'll have gotten to see are his pants xD
Count on it

redcrown

Awards

Since the hype is mostly about 2.8., did any one notice that extra fire attack in the DDD segment? I don't remember that move in the fire command style/spirit link. Maybe we're getting extra attacks for the remix, or it looks different in a backed out camera.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

There's no way it will show all of him. It's clearly just a memory of hers from when they met in CoD. As soon as she turns around, he'll be gone, and all we'll have gotten to see are his pants xD
Count on it

Could you not break my heart already? xD
I still got my hopes up either way.

Maybe he's just an illusion but similar to how his and Ven's keyblade helped her when she fell into desperation. Because what she says before that doesn't sound too hopeful either. She needs a reminder that a brighter future is waiting.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Hold up, I thought the black coat dude was the 6th Foreteller...
That's mostly what I'm thinking. I think the first time we see the Unknown in the trailer it's the Master of Masters (with the deeper voice, reciting the prophecy), but the time we see the Unknown with Ira where he was more youthful gestures and voice that it's likely the 6th apprentice and they are separate characters.

But if you mean in KHx/KHUx, Nomura says that the black coat person is the Master of Masters, if we take this translation at face value (he also has said the sixth apprentice only appears in BC):

Though it’s already full of mysteries, it will deepen the mystery even further to guess who appears to be the Master of Masters.
Nomura: In “KHx Back Cover”, there is quite a turn. By the way, in “KHx” they have appeared in a black coat.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

Oh my God. I'm a little late to the party, but the trailer was absolutely everything I wanted to be. The most curious thing shown was the announcement on KH3 at the end. They could be saving it as an E3 surprise or still be showing us a trailer at E3, while actually sitting down and talking to us about it at a later stream or event, similar to how FFXV has been handled. More likely though, we won't see the game at E3, which is somewhat unfortunate, but at least they've been clear about when we are getting more news. As long as we're getting updates, it is hard to complain.

I think the most important thing shown in the whole trailer is that it'll release worldwide. This has huge implications for KH3's eventual release, as Square is taking strides to release their major games at the same time.

3D looks great, and I'm now truly excited to dive back into what is one of the best KH games (in my opinion, obviously). Back Cover looks fantastic, and I am so excited to sit down and watch it. Aqua looks amazing, and while I thought the lighting was a little strange in some places, overall I'm satisfied with the look. I feel like I'm in the minority here, but I actually like the way the game looks a lot. If people hate the plastic look so much, let your wallet speak for you and don't get the game.

Everything from the new reaction commands shown in 0.2, to the revamped spells, to the flowmotion and the dodge roll looks awesome. They answered a lot of questions and raised many more, and I cannot wait to get my hands on this. Heck, I haven't secured my preorder yet, but now I'm looking forward to it. Well done, Square, I could not be happier.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Everything looks so so good and that 0.2 got my hype up so high it won't come down in days. And a release month too? This was everything I hoped for and more, thank you Square.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

That's mostly what I'm thinking. I think the first time we see the Unknown in the trailer it's the Master of Masters (with the deeper voice, reciting the prophecy), but the time we see the Unknown with Ira where he was more youthful gestures and voice that it's likely the 6th apprentice and they are separate characters.

But if you mean in KHx/KHUx, Nomura says that the black coat person is the Master of Masters, if we take this translation at face value (he also has said the sixth apprentice only appears in BC):

Though it’s already full of mysteries, it will deepen the mystery even further to guess who appears to be the Master of Masters.
Nomura: In “KHx Back Cover”, there is quite a turn. By the way, in “KHx” they have appeared in a black coat.

I wondered why that first clip of the black coat guy had such a deeper voice than when he said "nope, not possible". Interesting.

Wait, whaa?? Nomura said this? This is news to me.

kaidoku123

Did the Rebirth theory include the re-use of the "reincarnation" character's voices for the past Foretellers? I mean, perhaps I missed that details out, but even so I don't think the Foretellers must have similar/the same voices as their reincarnations to actually be connected in a way to them. For the connection between Ursus and Anguis, the resemblance to Terra and Aqua is striking, also because they are shown fighting and saying heavily similar lines (in terms of feeling and way of thinking)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Was he spying on Vulpeus? Following her? Meeting her there by chance? It seems Vulpeus followed Chirithy perhaps to find something, but it could also be that Leopardos already found it first or something similar to this kind of situation

And Audo is right; listening carefully to the voices, one can notice that the first Black Coat has a deeper voice, while the other Black Coat has a younger, more "playful" voice let's say, and also a different stance and vibe...

Well I can't say much about the US VAs.... but the Japanese Trailer VAs shown me that the Black Coat is the Same Actor. The voice actor for the Black Coat is Tomokazu Sugita, someone known for doing Serious and Silly Voice Acting. And the Silly One sounds like the Gintoki impression that Sugita does in Gintama... so yeah... same voice actor...
BUT the Voice Actor for Leopardos in Japanese is... (I can say this almost 90-100% I watched Gundam Unicorn)...
Kouki Uchiyama... voice of Roxas and Ventus

RevenantMemory

The more playful black coat guy reminded me of Demyx but I dunno why

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com

The trailer was great... I don't really understand the complaints about the graphics...? What do you expect them to look like? They have to render them in a way where they wont look super strange next to Disney Characters. Exaggerating the sheen and lighting was probably the best way to accomplish this.

We may still get a small teaser for KH3 during E3, but i doubt anything big will come.

reimeille

Laughing right now at the people on other websites who didn't get the back cover trailer because they said "KHX is useless and waste of time" and refused to download it, and now think it looks the story looks really cool :p

The voices for Back Cover are great, though I can spot a few slightly awkward ones (which is okay)! I can hear Travis Willingham in there somewhere (think it's Aced)

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com

I love this, I love the game, I love all the Foretellers, I love Aqua, I LOVE KINGDOM HEARTS!!! I want to cry so bad right now but I'm in school and...aw screw it ;_;

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Laughing right now at the people on other websites who didn't get the back cover trailer because they said "KHX is useless and waste of time" and refused to download it, and now think it looks the story looks really cool :p

Yeah or really weren't able to play it up until now even though they wanted to :s

kaidoku123

Hey people: Watch the Japanese Trailer: It will clear up the Dual Person Black Coat Problem.

Also the Voice actor for Unicornis seems to be Mamoru Miyano aka Riku's voice actor

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards

Since the hype is mostly about 2.8., did any one notice that extra fire attack in the DDD segment? I don't remember that move in the fire command style/spirit link. Maybe we're getting extra attacks for the remix, or it looks different in a backed out camera.

That is the Fire Raid link style Riku has, when linking with Fire-related Dream Eaters. I rechecked my DDD 3DS game, liked with my Tatsu Blaze and yup, that's it. The finisher of that style looks like he's dual-wielding, but actually there are just silhouettes of the Kingdom Key being hurled at the enemies, plus his equipped Keyblade (Divewing in the trailer) while being on fayaaaah, fire I mean

so, nothing new on that

FFxStrife

This must be my favorite part of the trailer.

"Shouldn't we... like... do something to avoid the shitstorm"

"... Not possible"

eRwXzei.jpg

RevenantMemory

did you guys see Xemnas' smug face when Sora was talking to him? It was annoying lol

reimeille

Yeah or really weren't able to play it up until now even though they wanted to :s

No, the people I'm seeing are regulars who previous commented on how they thought it was useless and that they should "focus more on KH3". Now they're like "WOW WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE IS THAT ROXAS [Ephemera]"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back