• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Because Reasons"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
An ex girlfriend of mine used the term "because reasons" a lot when I would ask her questions. She must've found herself very cute when saying it, but for me it was a vague and unintelligent turn-off. It's the lowest form of conversation.

Other offenses include "I did a thing", which is just obnoxious, and "LOL" in the real world. Like, are you shitting me?

These things made the eventual break up a much easier decision.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
"guess what"

"what"

"no you have to guess"

"i guess you'll die you fucking squib"

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
"LOL" should only be used ironically in real life.

I do this, along with many other idioms, with a purely ironic tone to make fun of the people who use sayings like that seriously. Yet most of the time, no one quite gets that unless they really know me. Sometimes my sarcasm is so thick, I fool myself. Not sure if that's good or not yet lol

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I do this, along with many other idioms, with a purely ironic tone to make fun of the people who use sayings like that seriously. Yet most of the time, no one quite gets that unless they really know me. Sometimes my sarcasm is so thick, I fool myself. Not sure if that's good or not yet lol
satire must have a clear intent and purpose lest it become that which it intends to criticize

TheOtherPromise

I think internet phrases ("I did a thing", "because reasons") should only be used on the internet. They just sound awkward, embarrassing and unoriginal in a face to face conversation. Hell, even on the internet those responses are unoriginal and awkward.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
The usage of lol in my country is weird because it was a legit word with a similar meaning (lol hebben = to have fun) long before the acronym ever existed. One of those funny coincidences I guess. It's sometimes hard to figure out which one people are using. I remember back when I was new on the internet. Confused the hell out of me to see lol everywhere.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
"LOL" should only be used ironically in real life.

Yeah, I think so, too.

Tbh I've heard worse. Stuff like "because tree" (yes, people say that in german...) that doesn't even make sense.
Like, I'm fine with any of that as long as it's fun, but some people are unable to hold up a regular conversation and that's very tiring.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Ugh, I had an annoying friend who always said, "Because reasons". She always acted shitty towards me and then brushed it off saying, "Oh, I didn't mean it." every time. Little brat even stole my school supplies and broke one of them in bits, also one that I caught her using and I knew it was mine because my name was on it. GRR, I'm glad I don't see her anymore.

halfmango

Awards
I'm yet to meet a person who goes around saying 'because reasons'. My friends (and myself) kinda speak nonsense in its place like 'because I had a potato for dinner' and stuff like that, and never when the conversation is even mildly non-sarcastic.
Though we use a lot of 'lol's in an actual conversation... didn't know some people find it weird and/or obnoxious.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Yeah, I think so, too.

Tbh I've heard worse. Stuff like "because tree" (yes, people say that in german...) that doesn't even make sense.
Like, I'm fine with any of that as long as it's fun, but some people are unable to hold up a regular conversation and that's very tiring.
dI think one could say "because tree" is just the 'german equivalent' of "because reasons", if that makes sense. I never heard anyone say "Weil Gründe" or something, soo..

but yea

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
^ Your fine, me and my 2 friends at school are very sarcastic. Though we don't say "LOL" in public, mostly on the intenet. But yes, some things said can annoy people, sometimes their opinions can be ignored unless a lot of people are annoyed like big groups. We've got to watch out from becoming enemies with the wrong groups of people.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
dI think one could say "because tree" is just the 'german equivalent' of "because reasons", if that makes sense. I never heard anyone say "Weil Gründe" or something, soo..

but yea

True, but I'd say the equivalent of "Because reasons" is rather "Weil ist so". I remember this was used when I was a child by even adults and it grinded my five-year-old gears.
Because reasons is probably worse though in the matter that the person saying it pretends there are any reasons while actually, he's unable to name even one.

Muke

whatever
Awards
True, but I'd say the equivalent of "Because reasons" is rather "Weil ist so". I remember this was used when I was a child by even adults and it grinded my five-year-old gears.
Because reasons is probably worse though in the matter that the person saying it pretends there are any reasons while actually, he's unable to name even one.
W-weil ist so? Wow, that's even more stupid than Weil Baum if ya ask me q.q

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
W-weil ist so? Wow, that's even more stupid than Weil Baum if ya ask me q.q

You've never heard of the term "Weil wegen isso"? Lucky you. It's enraging and incredibly stupid and yes, unlike Weil Baum, it's not even slightly funny anyhow.

D

Deleted member 36435

every time someone uses the term "bae" i want to punch a hole through their face

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
"hella" used unironically irl.

honestly.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
like, I can't like stand when people, like, say the word "like" like a dozen times in like one sentence. It, like, makes them sound so repetitive, clueless, and chattery and I wanna like punch them in their faces!
... Yeah, I don't think that's how people actually talk, but there's definitely a ridiculous amount of "likes" in an average person's speech. If people actually THOUGHT about what they were going to say before blabbering, they wouldn't have to stall for time with filler noises.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
like, I can't like stand when people, like, say the word "like" like a dozen times in like one sentence. It, like, makes them sound so repetitive, clueless, and chattery and I wanna like punch them in their faces!
... Yeah, I don't think that's how people actually talk, but there's definitely a ridiculous amount of "likes" in an average person's speech. If people actually THOUGHT about what they were going to say before blabbering, they wouldn't have to stall for time with filler noises.

Well, at least they don't say, "never mind" when they decide to not bring something up. If you're going to say something, spill the beans already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back