• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Still On Track For 2016 Release in NA/Europe

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Eh. I'm just like... what is the end goal for all this hard work? That people believe a 2 second shot of Aqua is legit for 14 days? If you're gonna put all that effort in at least make the leak something outrageous or shocking like a fake world announcement or a character reveal.
Some people have too much time on their hands and really enjoy trolling fandoms for some reason.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
If this turns out as fake, kudos who to the person who created Aqua. She looks pretty good, much better basically than anything we've seen from KH 0.2

Again, what's with all the hate for the official KH3 / KH2.8 HD models? Am I really the only one who thinks they look fine? o_o

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
The models are really good, I don't see why I wouldn't. :D

halfmango

Awards
Again, what's with all the hate for the official KH3 / KH2.8 HD models? Am I really the only one who thinks they look fine? o_o

Maybe because they look so different and feel too... realistic? I dunno, I'm also on the pro side so I'm not sure what's the deal with all the angry people about the models.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Oh. I forgot.
I like all of the models EXCEPT for Mickey. What did they do to him Dx

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I hate the models. Love the detail and style, but they look unfinished. Textures look incomplete or something about the lighting makes them look wrong. It has nothing to do with how realistic/unrealistic they look but they have that near-clay style I hated from KH3D's opening. It clashes with the environments.

If you guys don't see it, that's fine. We all have different tastes.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I hate the models. Love the detail and style, but they look unfinished. Textures look incomplete or something about the lighting makes them look wrong. It has nothing to do with how realistic/unrealistic they look but they have that near-clay style I hated from KH3D's opening. It clashes with the environments.

Wasn't that the usual CGI? I don't get it

Venx

Looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't really like the new models. Good.
When I watched the openings of KH 1 & 2 I always wanted graphics like this, but now they look kinda....plastic? I don't know how to describe it. I need to see how it will be ingame, but the trailers look kinda wrong to me.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
they look unfinished. Textures look incomplete or something about the lighting makes them look wrong. It has nothing to do with how realistic/unrealistic they look but they have that near-clay style I hated from KH3D's opening. It clashes with the environments.

Basically this. :X

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Wasn't that the usual CGI? I don't get it

Pretty much this.

...KH3D's opening was my favorite one out of all of them. And the visual style looks just like the rest of the games' openings if you ask me. Just more advanced lighting and rendering as the years went by.

I mean, I see what you guys mean by, "clay" look (although I still don't think it looks like clay, but it looks like SOMETHING), but to be honest, that's just a stylization choice. And it's not even a new one, ALL of the pre-rendered openings have looked like that. That has nothing to do with whether the models themselves are good or bad. It just boils down to personal preference of art style rather than the legitimate quality of something.

I don't know, I think it looks fine and fits with the style they're going for. I don't see how they clash with the environments at all, in fact I think they blend right in.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't really like the new models. Good.
When I watched the openings of KH 1 & 2 I always wanted graphics like this, but now they look kinda....plastic? I don't know how to describe it. I need to see how it will be ingame, but the trailers look kinda wrong to me.
How could you be the only one that hahes the models when the actual question was "Am I the only one that thinkg they are fine"?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I like them but... yes, they look unfinished. Some of them look glazed and shiny, like jello. The 3D opening is my favorite (so far, followed by BbS/KH2), but the one scene that always rubbed me the wrong way is when Sora lands on DI and then he sees Kairi and Riku looking back smiling at him. Kairi is shaded strangely and her eyes are very dull. If they can spruce up the game to look like the DDD opening (except for some awkward shading sometimes), then I'd be satisfied. Even Sora's face still looks a bit awkward to me though they fixed it up a bit. Same for Mickey's face. They all just need... more detail? (In Sora's case, it's probably weird lighting or something)

An example of what I'm talking about is at about 1:45 in this video, where he compares what Yen Sid currently looks like, and touch up image by a fan
https://youtu.be/sDKVc391I4E?t=1m45s

If they tweak it justtttt a little, then I really have no complaints.

P.S: The plastic issue is not just for Kingdom Hearts either, I noticed this with other Unreal engine games to be honest

Last edited:
Awards
Okay back onto the other topic about 2.8. The fake leak. Anyone else find anything that makes it more obviously fake than it already is?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
After the Rayman in Sm4sh "leak", I don't believe leaks anymore. I just like to discuss their possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back