• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pets!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which animal is your favorite?

• Rabbit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fish

• Hamster

• Mouse

• Pig

• Chinchilla

• Gerbil

• Total voters

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I own both a cat and dog, but I consider myself more of a cat person. I like cats because they don't leave messes, groom themselves, and are generally independent

xanillos

Awards
I like cats because they don't leave messes
tumblr_lyhf3klasN1ro91bjo1_250.gif

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Well, I am taking Mheetu, my cat to the vet on August 20th. It's going to cost me around $85 bucks, which includes the rabies vaccine and the exam. I am not looking forward to it, but anything is better than my cat turning into Cujo.

Does anyone have any vet stories?

halfmango

Awards
I... I don't have a pet at the moment but...
I like snakes. And turtles. And other reptiles.

Ok, I'd better leave before everyone hides their pets.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I... I don't have a pet at the moment but...
I like snakes. And turtles. And other reptiles.

Ok, I'd better leave before everyone hides their pets.

I like snakes as well. Oh, and I really love agamas.
Problem is you have to feed both with living animals, which is something I couldn't do.

halfmango

Awards
I like snakes as well. Oh, and I really love agamas.
Problem is you have to feed both with living animals, which is something I couldn't do.
Oh, you get used to it :)
Ok, NOW everyone looks at me like a crazy person.

Don't you also have to watch the temperature since snakes are cold-blooded?
Yeah, there are some things that you have to manage. But all things considered, I think the length of the list of 'the stuffs that will be a pain in my butt' is pretty much the same for most pets (like how you don't have to worry about allergic reaction of doom and glory from all the furs that will fly around if you had dogs).

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Oh, you get used to it :)
Ok, NOW everyone looks at me like a crazy person.

Yeah, there are some things that you have to manage. But all things considered, I think the length of the list of 'the stuffs that will be a pain in my butt' is pretty much the same for most pets (like how you don't have to worry about allergic reaction of doom and glory from all the furs that will fly around if you had dogs).

I pretty much have a cat, who doesn't do much. The only thing that I have to do with him on a daily basis is clean his litter box, change his food dish and change his water dish. He does have an upcoming vet visit in August though. The vet is pretty reasonably priced, it's about $85 dollars or something like that. The vet includes an exam and a rabies vaccine.

halfmango

Awards
I pretty much have a cat, who doesn't do much. The only thing that I have to do with him on a daily basis is clean his litter box, change his food dish and change his water dish. He does have an upcoming vet visit in August though. The vet is pretty reasonably priced, it's about $85 dollars or something like that. The vet includes an exam and a rabies vaccine.

Yes, I've heard that cats are, relatively speaking more... comfortable? As in you have less matters to deal with? Though I wouldn't know for sure cuz I've never owned a cat. I guess when it comes down to dogs or cats I'm more of a cat person.
But I digress, reptiles aren't too bad. Turtles were pretty easy to take care of. Just regular water change and feeding and they like you already.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Yes, I've heard that cats are, relatively speaking more... comfortable? As in you have less matters to deal with? Though I wouldn't know for sure cuz I've never owned a cat. I guess when it comes down to dogs or cats I'm more of a cat person.
But I digress, reptiles aren't too bad. Turtles were pretty easy to take care of. Just regular water change and feeding and they like you already.
I actually got my cat when he was a kitten from the shelter for seventy-five dollars. He was very vocal back then and it took me some time to find the perfect food and cat litter for him. I've found that I prefer scoopable brands, mainly Tidy Cats. One time, I actually filled a whole bin full of Science Diet, but my cat wasn't eating it. It didn't go to waste since my caregiver at the time found two kittens; a girl kitten that was pure black and a boy kitten that was a tuxedo, I believe. Tuxedo means that the cat is black and white.

The tuxedo kitten was pretty much handicap since it got it's back legs crushed by a vehicle. The cat can't use the litterbox like regular cats so it actually has to wear diapers and be regular changed. I don't know if it's still alive along with the other black kitten and my former caregiver's three other dogs. She had one chihuahua puppy, a pitbull and a chihuahua mixed with possible pitbull.

It's amazing how cats and dogs can move around with only two paws like Anakin here.

[video=youtube;uD0QrTH2iGk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD0QrTH2iGk&index=1&list=PLi5yS_2iT8pnvFAWHtfjkwak5ioGS_Nxr[/video]

halfmango

Awards
I actually got my cat when he was a kitten from the shelter for seventy-five dollars. He was very vocal back then and it took me some time to find the perfect food and cat litter for him. I've found that I prefer scoopable brands, mainly Tidy Cats. One time, I actually filled a whole bin full of Science Diet, but my cat wasn't eating it. It didn't go to waste since my caregiver at the time found two kittens; a girl kitten that was pure black and a boy kitten that was a tuxedo, I believe. Tuxedo means that the cat is black and white.

The tuxedo kitten was pretty much handicap since it got it's back legs crushed by a vehicle. The cat can't use the litterbox like regular cats so it actually has to wear diapers and be regular changed. I don't know if it's still alive along with the other black kitten and my former caregiver's three other dogs. She had one chihuahua puppy, a pitbull and a chihuahua mixed with possible pitbull.

It's amazing how cats and dogs can move around with only two paws like Anakin here.

Owww, that's... I feel so bad for it. I hope it's still alive.
Though it really is amazing how much it can do even if it's disabled with just 2 legs.

Kagayaki

Awards
You know what really bothers me? When people (usually old ladies) baby their dogs. I've seen dogs, mostly chihuahuas, Maltese, Yorkshire Terriers, and other small breeds dressed up, drinking water out of bottles, and stuffed in purses. Contrary to popular belief, nobody really does this to cats. It creates a lot of psychological issues for the animal, including refusing to leave your lap, overprotection of their humans, like barking and biting the human's loved ones, and distrust of their own human. You know there's something wrong with society when most people treat their children like dogs and their dogs like Barbies. And I'm the only one who seems to care about this issue.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
You know what really bothers me? When people (usually old ladies) baby their dogs. I've seen dogs, mostly chihuahuas, Maltese, Yorkshire Terriers, and other small breeds dressed up, drinking water out of bottles, and stuffed in purses. Contrary to popular belief, nobody really does this to cats. It creates a lot of psychological issues for the animal, including refusing to leave your lap, overprotection of their humans, like barking and biting the human's loved ones, and distrust of their own human. You know there's something wrong with society when most people treat their children like dogs and their dogs like Barbies. And I'm the only one who seems to care about this issue.
I mean, my dogs are too big for purses (wouldn't put them in one anyway unless it was actually what they wanted) but I do baby them and they don't have any of those behavioral issues.

That's less to do with babying and more to do with a total lack of training and exposure. If dogs aren't given exposure to other people in a positive way they do get incredibly overprotective and some breeds are just predispositioned to be overprotective anyway (terrier breeds in particular).

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I mean, my dogs are too big for purses (wouldn't put them in one anyway unless it was actually what they wanted) but I do baby them and they don't have any of those behavioral issues.

That's less to do with babying and more to do with a total lack of training and exposure. If dogs aren't given exposure to other people in a positive way they do get incredibly overprotective and some breeds are just preconditioned to be overprotective anyway (terrier breeds in particular).

I wonder how these owners and their dogs can get over these problems.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Alright, I'm a dog person. That's the only warning I've giving here.

If people treat their children like dogs then that's bad parenting skills. If people dress their dogs up, then it's not that big of a deal; they might just be doing it for fun and not the whole time. It's when they take it too far then it's an issue. And society is known for following trends unfortunately. Plus if they do it all the time, I highly doubt they have behavioral issues because, that's what the dog will consider normal.

I also don't consider it a bad thing if somebody has to carry their dog in a hurry. But I do think it's silly if they did it in say a park to walk their dog, and they're carrying them around in a purse. But tiny dogs like chihuahuas aren't that fast in comparison to the average size dog. I own three different size dogs, so I can protest to that.

Furthermore, dogs are usually protective of their humans. It's in their nature unless a human abuses one. Usually when a dog bites a human it's either due to lack of common sense, exposure, or lack of training. OR the dog was originally abused and given a new home. So naturally it'd take time for a dog to trust a human being again. And dogs are tuned to human emotions, so that can play a huge factor of how a dog gets along with you too. Oh, and if they climb on their laps then it's the lack of training. And if somebody can get a dog to drink out of a bottle of water, then it's pretty convenient. Obviously, they wouldn't drink from the same bottle, and it might be their way of keeping them hydrated.

Regardless, it's not exactly harming you in any way if a person decides to treat their dog however they deem fit unless they abuse it. Eventually the trend of dressing their dogs up or carrying them around in purses will die out. And cat people are not much different from dogs with how much they're babied too. Honestly, any one with a pet is going to treat it like it's a part of their family. I'm not saying theirs anything wrong with that, cause loving your pet is healthy.

One more thing, I have a pitbull terrier and she's a sweetheart towards humans and canines alike. I've never had the issue of her barking at anyone, unless it's from excitement, or being overprotective of me with other dogs. I wanna it's cause she was trained right from birth that it isn't an issue. (Plus, she still has her ears and tail.) And I also have a bassett hound and a mix breed as well. None of them fight. And I wouldn't be able to carry one in a purse either, cause they're too heavy. (xD) So despite the bad rap towards the breed of terriers, they're just like any other dog. It's the people without common sense that makes it an issue a lot of the time, or the fact that they don't train them right. :c </3

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I just want to add that though terrier breeds overall are protective by nature I don't think it's a negative thing.

My schnauzer was the most incredible dog I ever was lucky enough to have and he was very territorial of the home but was very social when we were out.

Having a territorial dog isn't always a bad thing. My little guy protected me in my home several times and deterred people from trying to get in because of how much he barked.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I just want to add that though terrier breeds overall are protective by nature I don't think it's a negative thing.

My schnauzer was the most incredible dog I ever was lucky enough to have and he was very territorial of the home but was very social when we were out.

Having a territorial dog isn't always a bad thing. My little guy protected me in my home several times and deterred people from trying to get in because of how much he barked.

Nah, you're good, Taochan! :)

And I agree, it's a good thing they are/or can be protective/territorial, because it's nice to have them in the house, when you're home alone. Although, I'd find it quite scary if someone was trying to break into your house. :eek: Although, I don't know what a schnauzer looks like. xD

And it's good to keep shady people away from us with dogs like ours too. Including how useful it is to avoid the door, when anybody comes. Dogs make fantastic alarm systems. lol. Otherwise, I know I got a little carried away and passionate about this whole thing earlier. xD Therefore, I'm really sorry if it came off a bit too strong. I didn't mean anything by it and I get passionate, when it comes to terriers the most.

Back