• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas, is he more Sora or more Ventus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
he's him, [defiant arm swing] and no one else.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
That's a good point, Roxas and Ven have all the killer lines and sick burns. Sora is such a dweeb in this category it's embarrassing SMH
He had a few moments in KHII.
And don't forget that killer "Reason You Suck Speech" he threw at the Norts towards the end of DDD. Sora was in a position where he was gonna lose no matter what he did, and yet he still had 'em reeling.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The answer "neither" is certainly the correct one as Sora provided only the "framework" (body etc.) while Ventus provided the "paintjob" (appearance), anything else is just Roxas himself.

Wander

That's a good point, Roxas and Ven have all the killer lines and sick burns. Sora is such a dweeb in this category it's embarrassing SMH

The one time he does be a lil shit.

"I bet you can't even fight"

[DEFEATNINETYNINEWATERCLONESINTENSECONDS]

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Main reason Sora will never challenge an enemy like that again, LOL.

And yet he's totally right and on spot with that one as Demyx indeed can't even fight properly and as such has to use cheap tricks and artificial difficulty to even become a challenge.

That fight is only considered "hard" by so many players because of the special mechanics of the battle in gameplay terms, not because Demyx is actually a competent warrior/fighter.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
And yet he's totally right and on spot with that one as Demyx indeed can't even fight properly and as such has to use cheap tricks and artificial difficulty to even become a challenge.

That fight is only considered "hard" by so many players because of the special mechanics of the battle in gameplay terms, not because Demyx is actually a competent warrior/fighter.

Yeah hey, I'm not saying Demyx is a good fighter - Sora's totally right about that.
But the fact that Demyx does make use of such cheap, mean tricks and thus is a dangerous villain indeed doesn't make him a bad fighter either. Not everyone is physically strong.
(Reminds me that this will forever be my most hated regular Org. fight on level 1....uuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhhh)

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Sora tells Roxas he has his own heart and is his own person in DDD. Roxas appears like he does because of Ventus in Sora's heart. All of them are connected to each other so there can't be a "Roxas is closest to Sora" imo because all of them are connected to Sora's heart.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Yeah hey, I'm not saying Demyx is a good fighter - Sora's totally right about that.
But the fact that Demyx does make use of such cheap, mean tricks and thus is a dangerous villain indeed doesn't make him a bad fighter either. Not everyone is physically strong.
(Reminds me that this will forever be my most hated regular Org. fight on level 1....uuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhhh)
Actually, yeah, it kinda does. Cheap tricks usually aren't used by those who could win in a straight duel. In that vein, I'd also say that Zexion isn't much of a fighter either, since he heavily relies on either screwing with his target's mind with illusions or his dictionary of magic tricks to win, rather than actually fighting himself.

It matches Demyx's character, though. It's not the most honorable or fair way, it's the easiest way... for him, anyways. It works pretty well in that regard.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Actually, yeah, it kinda does. Cheap tricks usually aren't used by those who could win in a straight duel. In that vein, I'd also say that Zexion isn't much of a fighter either, since he heavily relies on either screwing with his target's mind with illusions or his dictionary of magic tricks to win, rather than actually fighting himself.

It matches Demyx's character, though. It's not the most honorable or fair way, it's the easiest way... for him, anyways. It works pretty well in that regard.

But the fact that Demyx (and Zexion, too) is able to use these kinda tricks - be it magic or whatever - means he's strong in different means than others. I don't see how that makes him "weak". Physically weak, yes, but as long as he wins or at least puts up a decent fight, he needs some sort of strength, even if it's only brains.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Well I mean he has to have some strength because Xemnas decided to put him the organization in the first place (then again pickings might be slim..) but he clearly has no interest in fighting as seen in days and KH2.

Then again the ending of pre-fight cutscene made it seem like Demyx has a darker side that is willing to hurt people since being called a nobody (I think) triggered him.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Well I mean he has to have some strength because Xemnas decided to put him the organization in the first place (then again pickings might be slim..) but he clearly has no interest in fighting as seen in days and KH2.

Then again the ending of pre-fight cutscene made it seem like Demyx has a darker side that is willing to hurt people since being called a nobody (I think) triggered him.
Pickings are definitely slim, but that's because humanoid Nobodies are the most powerful of all Nobodies and thus relatively powerful by default. (Though I think the simple ability to think and plan probably helps A LOT compared to their Lesser Nobody subordinates.)

Demyx... there's a chance that he might actually have potential to be really powerful, but he's too lazy to hone his abilities or do anything past the bare minimum. I can kinda relate. xD

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Maybe if there was some accountability in the organization he wouldn't be so lazy. They had members leave without putting in their 2 weeks notice and all Xemnas does is sit on his bum! What kind of leader is that.

Wander

Daily reminder that Demyx knew what was going on seven years before we did.

"Oh we do to have hearts. Don't be mad!"

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I genuinely think's he's just as much of Sora (understanding his memories and experiences) as he is Ventus (being used as a weapon). But what distinguishes him as his own character is his upbringing and his status as an amalgamated Nobody, by that default, he's kind of like Namine: the formation of two different beings to form one (Sora + Kairi = Namine) - (Sora + Ventus = Roxas).

Raybrand

I genuinely think's he's just as much of Sora (understanding his memories and experiences) as he is Ventus (being used as a weapon). But what distinguishes him as his own character is his upbringing and his status as an amalgamated Nobody, by that default, he's kind of like Namine: the formation of two different beings to form one (Sora + Kairi = Namine) - (Sora + Ventus = Roxas).

I hadn't actually thought of that, thats quite interesting.

I'm attached to the idea that Roxas is the nobody equivalent of Terra's Lingering Will due to how all the other nobodies in the organisation want to be whole again and see it as a natural process except Roxas because instinctively he knows that if he rejoins sora he will return to that sad fate of him Ventus trapped, slumbering inside sora the result of failing to save Terra and Aqua. Thats speculation but its based on the event where he meets Sora in Twilight Town saying 'looks like my summer vacation is finally over' hint of sad goodbye, I just can't help but feel that he feels this way because he believes he will be returned to his state I've described but as Roxas he doesn't have access to those memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back