• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any News on the Yen Press KH Manga and Novel Translations?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Mums the word on any of it. They've been busy working on other licenses.

(My personal belief is that they are planning KH2 closer to 2.8's release which is why things have been quiet)

Last edited:

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Really? Two manga releases? Why? We are talking about the omnibuses right? Wouldn't it just be one giant one?
EDIT: Wait, I just got it, we're talking about the chapters themselves, not the collections.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I've been waaaaiiitiiiiinnng... for so long. It left on a cliffhanger. Sora thinks that he just watched his friends get turned into cards and shredded to pieces in front of him. I CAN'T JUST STOP WITH THAT.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Really? Two manga releases? Why? We are talking about the omnibuses right? Wouldn't it just be one giant one?
EDIT: Wait, I just got it, we're talking about the chapters themselves, not the collections.

No, I counted wrong in my head. The final omnibus would be pretty fat, though...

I've been waaaaiiitiiiiinnng... for so long. It left on a cliffhanger. Sora thinks that he just watched his friends get turned into cards and shredded to pieces in front of him. I CAN'T JUST STOP WITH THAT.

Maybe some nice messages to Yen Press on social media would help

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Thanks for the info, guys! And here's hoping that they release both very soon, like around 2.8's release;)

(And I might just have to go to Yen Press' site and tell them how much I appreciate that they're translating these things for us^_^)

Anyway, I was kind of worried that maybe they weren't getting enough money for the novels (because no one I know personally is buying them--because most of my RL friends really aren't book readers--though I know a lot of people on here have bought them; also, my local book store has the KH mangas and novels right next to each other and that's either a brilliant marketing idea or a terrible one, if people sadly end up being unable to tell the two things apart), so I'm glad that you guys don't seem to think that's the case!

I'd be so devastated if we stopped getting the novels--after finally getting them at all--because Yen Press thought there was a lack of interest in them.

Also, I've been meaning to ask... Is there a Coded novel at all? I know there are ones for KH1, CoM, KH2, Days, BbS, and DDD, but I was never sure about if Coded had one or not.

And in that vain, is there a KH Chi novel at all? Or is there going to be one, I should say?

What about something for 0.2?

But honestly, if I was the one translating the KH stories into the written word, I'd probably just stick 0.2 in the KHIII one (maybe through flashbacks, or what have you), since it was originally meant to be there in the first place. Or maybe I'd ignore the whole short thing altogether--with Nomura's permission, of course--if it didn't prove to be too relevant or needed to understand these games' full story.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
There is a coded novel. Who can say for sure about a future [chi] novel, but they haven't missed an entry in the Xehanort saga so far.

Yen Press / Yen On are most likely going to be tactical in their releases of these products. No doubt whatever will inflate sales such as the inevitable release KHIII (and possibly 2.8) may spur their releases.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
There is a coded novel. Who can say for sure about a future [chi] novel, but they haven't missed an entry in the Xehanort saga so far.

Yen Press / Yen On are most likely going to be tactical in their releases of these products. No doubt whatever will inflate sales such as the inevitable release KHIII (and possibly 2.8) may spur their releases.

I'm not positive we will get anything KH from YenPress this year. According to their release page they already have everything until October listed, which leaves us November-December if we expect anything this year. On that same note I guess all we can do is wait patiently and see how it goes.

Rc9000000

Well this thread was helpful and depressing. I am currently rebuilding my Manga Collection and Kingdom Hearts is apart of that rebuild. So i started looking into Yen press and upon learning that the mangas are all finished and that the Omnibus for KH2 are however incomplete i got to look for any news. I'm hoping that after checking news and release of the books did coincide with 1.5 release as well. So here's hoping with 2.8 we get the rest of KH2 manga and the light novels. Thank everyone for your help

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
That's great. Sure, it's nothing specific, but hey, at least they are going to finish it after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back