• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone NOT hate the NA version?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I'd like to make this clear: I'm not going to deny that there are discrepancies between the American and Japanese versions of KHUX. That's a simple fact. I'm also not going to discredit the issues the game has had (because hackers exist and are a problem), nor am I going to tell people who are upset by these things to stop complaining. Their grievances are valid.

I'm just wondering if anyone else feels the way I do about all of this: I don't really care and I'm enjoying the game regardless.

Some people say that UX is full of fluff and filler that's getting in the way of what we all really wanna see (Ephemera, Skuld, etc). The story, as interesting as it has become, is really just icing on the cake, and if you REALLY couldn't wait to find out what happens next, you can get the whole story easily via the internet. I don't see why I should get all upset in that regard.

All I wanted was a game that I could have with me at all times, and could make dull moments a bit more bearable. With some KH flair. When I picked this up, I wasn't expecting a full-fledged title that could entertain me for hours; I expected a little thing that could fill in a few minutes. And so far, the NA version has delivered for me. It might be because I'm not very competitive by nature, but I don't need to have the best medals or lots of bonuses to have fun with KHUX. Could it be better? Sure. Does that mean it's a horrible game right now? Heck no.

Or maybe I've been too worn to really care lately. I dunno.

c6a.gif

Anyways. Anyone else enjoying the NA version?

jsanderock

I am definitely enjoying the NA version. It gives me another game that me and my friends can play together and have a great time doing so. Yes there are flaws in the game but it has only been out for a little over a month. People came in expecting it to be at the JP level upon release and that is why so many people dislike/talk bad about this version. Every new game has to work through all the bugs in the first few months after release. So expect things to pick up soon :)

Oathkeeper

Website
s6.invisionfree.com
I love it!!!! It's so much fun, even my mom, who wasn't the biggest kh fan has really gotten into it. We're also not crazy competitive and best of all, never played the jp version, so we don't know all that we are missing. Family time is now "family raid boss time" so I'm giddy ♡

DoctahFaz

Awards
Love the game. Nothing is perfect and some kinks along the road does not suggest some massive systematic conspiracy to screw English players.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I don't mean to be rude, but this kinda feels like a counter-thread.

The purpose of the thread WAS NOT to be a rant thread. The poster gave VALID criticism and presented solutions. S/he made constructive criticism.

Also, what's even the point of discussing something if you can't talk about the bad stuff? Like, there's a reason why reviewers have a format of "The good, the bad and the ugly".

Also this:

No Hearts said:
[...]After all, this game is a product and we, as players, have the right to complain when something is wrong. In this society full of consumerism, the consumers get the say. Some might say that since it was free, we can't complain, then if that was the way the world worked, all games would never have advanced. Take LOL for example. It changes in some way every two weeks or so because there is room for improvement that would make more people love the game. Not only that, the companies get paid by how many people download the game, so yes, indirectly, we are paying them. I just wanted to say this because some people think we should be happy with what we have, but apps are made for us, so we can ask for improvement.

tumblr_m9een9jrRI1r9p24qo1_250.gif

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm simply going to hate every version as long as I'm unable to play this game >:

LingeringVanitas

I'm okay with it, and I am over the fact that we have to wait for NA to catch up to JP. It's a process, and it's not a big deal anymore for me. I am enjoying both versions. I don't feel like I am missing out since I am playing both JPN and NA version. As long as your also playing the JPN version I don't see the problem. I am however doing better "medal wise" in the JPN version but only because there is so many over there. As of right now trying to save up jewels in NA version is just a pain for me, other than that I think I am okay with everything for now, I am quite aware of what is going on in both.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
im enjoying it a lot! i suck at this game and wouldnt be getting anywhere if my much stronger friends didnt bail me out with their overpowered medals (MY FRIENDS ARE MY POWER INDEED), but i still have a lot of fun. its exactly as you say--you pick it up on the train to work and it fills in those little moments very nicely.

I
Also, what's even the point of discussing something if you can't talk about the bad stuff? Like, there's a reason why reviewers have a format of "The good, the bad and the ugly".

yeah, which is why they made a thread to continue the discussion from a different perspective? by your own logic this thread is perfectly valid.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
i suck at this game and wouldnt be getting anywhere if my much stronger friends didnt bail me out with their overpowered medals (MY FRIENDS ARE MY POWER INDEED)
*cough cough* :p

But yeah, I'm enjoying the game. I don't hate it. I feel the backlash is a little much, as I've outlined in other places. Some of the complaints are more legitimate than others, but I think the thing that gets me the most is just how all of the complaints are framed and how people go about them (and the weird cynical mindsets behind a lot of it that paint these mistakes/errors, not as the growing pains of the series' first NA ongoing service, but rather as some mastermind manipulative exploitation on behalf of S-E, while simultaneously claiming that S-E doesn't care about the game and are lazy). Idk. But right now this section feels overwhelmingly negative which is unfortunate. But, so it goes. Just means I have to find other places and avenues to get the kind of community I'd like.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
the good: aesthetic, music and atmosphere
the bad: you need to mission grind to advance and you're held back by an extremely limited medal and inventory system. also, they didn't deliver on what drew me to the game- fighting together with other players.
the ugly: yo mama. nah i'm playin.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I've been "enjoying" it more as I've given up on really having a full experience and, like the OP mentions, really just play it to fill in blank time here and there until my AP runs out.

I was really pleasantly surprised by the game upon its release and I thought it had great momentum going. I still think there are nice things about it, and when I was considering giving up on it altogether, I found I was still drawn back to it so there's that. I don't really understand the apologists for a broken f2p model but then I personally have very little tolerance for those kinds of things so that may be my own bias.

Ultimately, I suppose some players like myself are more bothered by these things than others, and that's fair enough. I think some of the frustration comes from the fact that players who are satisfied with the status quo obviously already have what they want while players who anticipate improvements over this sub-optimal experience are stuck with no real power to make their desired changes.

I'm glad people are enjoying the game. I wish I was enjoying it more.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I don't mean to be rude, but this kinda feels like a counter-thread.

The purpose of the thread WAS NOT to be a rant thread. The poster gave VALID criticism and presented solutions. S/he made constructive criticism.

Somebody didn't read the OP, it seems...

me said:
I'd like to make this clear: I'm not going to deny that there are discrepancies between the American and Japanese versions of KHUX. That's a simple fact. I'm also not going to discredit the issues the game has had (because hackers exist and are a problem), nor am I going to tell people who are upset by these things to stop complaining. Their grievances are valid.
This was my main point: there are problems, and people have every right to point them out, ask for improvements, or quit playing because it doesn't appeal to them. Regardless, these issues just don't bother me, personally, and I don't have an urge to quit anytime soon. After seeing so many people who seemed unhappy with the game, I really was wondering if anyone else felt the way I did.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I'm enjoying it - mostly because it's burns time when work at the office is slow. Collecting medals is addicting but I am really turned off by the micro transactions but that's the same in every game like this. To me the game also kinda deters from the overall storyline. Truth be told I haven't really be following the lore since BBS but it just seems odd to me that your character would be encountering these worlds, events and characters who is then never mentioned or refer to in the original game (for obvious reasons). Maybe this actually explained? I don't know, only at mission 130 or so.

Kingdom King 13

I didn't hate it, but I certainly hate it now. The Daily Jewel Quest is here, but only for a week. I had hoped, even though we don't have the same laws that Japan does, that the NA version would hold itself to their standard. I was wrong. I'm the biggest Kingdom Hearts fan there is, but I'm considered deleting this app.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I hate NAUX, I hate NAUX, I hate NAUX

Why the hell introduce a diddlying Jewel Quest which is diddlying permanent in the original and MAKE IT AN EVENT. (And only incoude one quest btw)

The only reason I play this game at all at this point is because it's in English.
SE you messed up big time

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I like it a lot. Like I mentioned other times, I've played NA app games built on similar premises and when this game came out it became my favorite real fast. To me it seems fair. You get to do everything in the game without having to pay and the grinding is not too much or unjustified.

Some of these complaints or comparisons may be justified but they mostly appear to be people seeking entitlement. We get it. The JP version does a whole bunch of cooler stuff. Why don't we blame SE for not doing a single worldwide release with different language support like it should have been? However we got two different versions so of course things are going to vary. Bottom line is that even though the NA version isn't as generous as the JP version it's still one of the best NA app games there is.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I didn't hate it, but I certainly hate it now. The Daily Jewel Quest is here, but only for a week. I had hoped, even though we don't have the same laws that Japan does, that the NA version would hold itself to their standard. I was wrong. I'm the biggest Kingdom Hearts fan there is, but I'm considered deleting this app.

Why the hell introduce a diddlying Jewel Quest which is diddlying permanent in the original and MAKE IT AN EVENT. (And only incoude one quest btw)

The only reason I play this game at all at this point is because it's in English.
SE you messed up big time
Wow, haha. This is like watching the Amy's Baking Company episode of Kitchen Nightmares: at this point I'm just here for the drama. How far will Square go to alienate its North American fanbase. Does Tetsuya Nomura claim to speak cat? Tune in next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back