• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Supergirl

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LingeringVanitas

Last Minute Supergirl Renewal Negotiations Include Speculation About Move to CW - IGN

If Supergirl did make the jump to the CW then there'd probably be better chances for more frequent/bigger crossovers. Maybe even do a Crisis on Infinite Earths to fold the Supergirl universe in with the Flarrow universe?

That being said, the budget cutbacks with moving off of a major network would be a very big negative with that move.
OH!...I want to believe. That sounds too good to be true.....Another source about that would be helpful I don't trust what IGN ever says usually....

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
If the move from CBS still means same cast, I'd be fine with that. I'm still catching up, but diddly do I love this cast.

Lonbilly

Awards
Pleasepleaseplease let this mean they are keeping the same cast. I know Melissa is more than likely gonna stay, but I REALLY hope that means everyone else is, too.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Pleasepleaseplease let this mean they are keeping the same cast. I know Melissa is more than likely gonna stay, but I REALLY hope that means everyone else is, too.

Some of the cast might change. Since the production and shooting locations of the show are moving from LA to Vancouver, it's understandable that the entire cast might not want to uproot their lives and move to a new city. We'll see what happens.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
I also think it will remain in its own universe, and not merge with the rest of the Flarrowverse. Otherwise, Flash and Arrow would suddenly have to deal with the fact that Superman exists in their world, and from what we've seen, DC is hesitant to let any of the Trinity be acknowledged on Earth 1

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
probably because batman alone would be able to solve 90% of their problems, superman and wonder woman are the super megaton overkill.

i believe in the multiverse, and envy the world that got Flashpoint Batman the series starring jeffrey dean morgan as thomas wayne. (which is funny because i said he should play him before zack snyder and his big dumb movie got the idea)

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
CW Fall Schedule: Supergirl on Mondays; Riverdale, iZombie and The 100 Midseason - IGN
Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow Mega-Crossover Coming - IGN

Supergirl's keeping its Monday timeslot on the CW; and the head of the CW wants a 4-show mega crossover.

I'd joke about this being Infinite Crisis again, but considering Supergirl's moving production to Vancouver, which looks nothing like Los Angeles, they might have to do it just to explain away why National City doesn't look the same any more.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
CW Fall Schedule: Supergirl on Mondays; Riverdale, iZombie and The 100 Midseason - IGN
Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow Mega-Crossover Coming - IGN

Supergirl's keeping its Monday timeslot on the CW; and the head of the CW wants a 4-show mega crossover.

I'd joke about this being Infinite Crisis again, but considering Supergirl's moving production to Vancouver, which looks nothing like Los Angeles, they might have to do it just to explain away why National City doesn't look the same any more.

this is all very good news, proceed CW.

Lonbilly

Awards
Continuing to watch through the show. On episode 7, and holy diddly, did I love that scene where Cat is giving a speech and Kara, while powerless, is talking down a shooter.

Also, Miss Martian confirmed for S2. (holdingoutmyhopeforaTeenTitans/YoungJusticeshow)

Lonbilly

Awards
Just finished season one of Supergirl. That last half was a rollercoaster of emotions and the show definitely picks up in episode 7 and really starts shedding away some of the meh parts as it continues. I would definitely say this is up there with the Flash and Arrow S2 for me. I definitely am saddened that Cat won't be as involved in the show anymore, but nice to know we'll at least see her from time to time, though I will say the show will be missing a bit of flavor in that department (but change is good and I am okay with this).

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I definitely am saddened that Cat won't be as involved in the show anymore, but nice to know we'll at least see her from time to time, though I will say the show will be missing a bit of flavor in that department (but change is good and I am okay with this).

That's not what I heard. Calista Flockhart will still be on the show a lot. Executive Producer Sarah Schechter said this during Comic Con
Sarah Schechter said:
She’ll be there. You’ll see plenty of Cat… Probably a little bit less, but she’ll be there. And to be honest, it works really well. Kara doesn’t have the same relationship with Cat work-wise, so it would actually be hard to have her be in it as much. Kara has a different job. Still at CatCo but she’s not her assistant and so I think it’ll feel totally natural.

So I don't know why you thought Cat wasn't going to be on the show much anymore. Sure, it sounds like she's going to be on the show less than she was in Season 1, but it still sounds like she'll be in the majority of episodes.

Lonbilly

Awards
I believe Kat is contracted to appear in six episodes of the season, two of which are the first two

^This is what I was referring to. I know Cat will be in the show, but six episodes versus twenty episodes is kind of a huge jump. Understandable, yes, but definitely why I was saying I'mah miss my constant dose of Cat.

Lonbilly

Awards
Welp, just like Clark/Lex in Smallville, turns out Lena/Kara will be the ship that kills me in this show.

Other than that, premiere was pretty lit.

tumblr_oe4ysq2oW71rac3djo2_500.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back