• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DARK SOULS III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

Ashes fade, but only embers remain . . .

[video=youtube;0RAlGv-IW4g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RAlGv-IW4g[/video]

This is going to be arguably the top RPG of 2016, and one fun ride if you can dig it. Dark Souls III seems a fine-tuned blend, both stylistically and mechanically, of all the previous Souls games (Demons Souls, Dark Souls I and II), as well as Bloodborne. Directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki, president of FromSoftware, creator of the Souls-Borne series, it's going to be a closure of the Dark Souls series, and I hope a bittersweet one. If you have never picked up a Souls game, this one might just be worth it if you're willing to persevere. It's going to be available on PC, PS4, and XB1. It's a perfect companion to Bloodborne on your game shelf if you already own a PS4, and can fill your RPG void until KH III's release.

Dark Souls III releases in Japan on March 24th, and worldwide on April 12th.

[video=youtube;iTnQl9JAef8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTnQl9JAef8[/video]

PRAISE THE SUN

\[T]/

Last edited:

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Anyone else picked this up yet? Having a blast right now, it feels much faster than the previous entries (thanks Bloodborne).

Also, where the fuck is the enemy poise? I'm three hours in and bludgeoning everything to death with a club, all they do is flinch.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Well, I'm glad I finally finished DS2 and all it's DLC before DS3 came out. Mind you, despite being pretty okay and DS2, DS3 took me some time to get the hang of. Movement is more fluid and more reactive than DS2. Enemies seem to be a little faster as well, either that or they don't telegraph their attacks as much as they did in DS2. In contrast to DS2, enemies feel a bit... I don't know, weaker? Maybe that's to compensate the fact that enemies don't despawn like in DS2?

Despite having over 150 hours in DS2, I still consider myself quite the noob. The intricacies of the game's systems are not something I really payed much attention to, which understandable hurt me in the long run. I never even got around to playing NG+ or using Bonfire Ascetics, which I really should have done.

Thanks to DS2 though, DS3 is going to be a much smoother ride. Hopefully this time I won't try to balance out my character's stats, which would require me to level extensively like in DS2. I just finished DS2's final DLC at level 241, which others tell me is ridiculously unnecessary, especially for a non-NG+ and non-bonfire ascetics play through.

It's a little too early in DS3 for me to tell which game is easier/harder because of the differences between the two. However, I enjoy both equally because of those differences. I thought I was smart to farm the first boss out of the tutorial, but 500 souls per kill... that's a little underwhelming as a phantom. It's actually quicker and easier to farm souls with NPC phantoms by running around killing tough enemies outside of the boss area. Especially because one of those enemies gives 1000 souls per respawn. I think I can get about 2500 souls per run from the boss area to a bonfire in about 10 minutes.

Also, there was one glitch I encounter as a Phantom. It may have been due to lag, but it made me invincible against the boss. Both the host and the boss would move, but not use animations. What I mean is, everything would stand perfectly up right and just glide across the area, and for whatever reason, I couldn't be hurt because of it. Turned the boss into a piece of cake. I feel bad for the host. He probably thinks I'm some amazing player to be able to beat the boss without taking a single hit while stabbing it in the face repeatedly.

D

Deleted member 36435

wow another weeb game to taint the minds of young children

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
After greatly enjoying Bloodborne, I'll most definitely give this one a shot at some point. Almost picked up the day one edition today, but I've still got so much on my plate I'll wait a little while. Might even play through Dark Souls 2 beforehand too.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Who the fuck is Nana?

Having an awesome time so far, although my PS+ has run out so I won't be able to experience an invade-fest until my next playthrough. Which is fine, as I'm one of those plebians that quickly loses all game sense when I'm invaded.

Zero Sora

Awards
Disappointingly I have yet to be invaded by a player. I got invaded by a npc Dark Spirit, but it's not the same.

Coysepia

I really only have one complaint so far and it's the inability to upgrade your armor. It made sense in Bloodborne to not be able to upgrade your armor since the game is faster and more focused on evasion, but dark souls has always been slower and more defensive. Maybe that's just the way I play dark souls, but I feel like not being able to upgrade your armor is a disadvantage to people who are used to playing the previous installments. I started out playing bloodborne, so I'm used to rolling more than my boyfriend who started by playing Demon's Souls and then the Dark Souls series.
Other than that, I feel like the creators have taken all of the best parts from the souls games and bloodborne and incorporated them into one final installment in the souls series. Just personal opinion. I'm not sure how far I am in the game, I might be early-mid, so my opinion will probably change the farther I get into it.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Finished everything in NG short of one optional and the final boss so far, game's been a smooth bit of fun, invasions have been decent (can all the weebs with katanas and the greatsword chunkies just not). Magic/spells feels borderline pointless for a straight glasscannon spell build compared to DS2, as well as nerfed to an extent, apart from Pyromancies. Weapon skills feel more gimmicky than useful in some instances. Really loving the SL-only matchmaking and respawning enemies this time around though, beats DS2's garbage soul memory.

Don't give up, Skeleton!

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Farron Keep can diddly off.

Farron Keep can diddly off.

Farron Keep can OH COME ON WHY POISON AND CURSE IN THE SAME DAMN ZONE!

Need help? Sounds like you haven't met the Olympic goat-men yet, hueheuhue

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Need help? Sounds like you haven't met the Olympic goat-men yet, hueheuhue

No, I am trying to avoid the "ok calm the fuck down" geeks. I got two flames down and I can totally get to the boss. But I want to get the items and join the covenant. But, good gods, traversing the swamp is such bullshit. I even do the dagger run but this damn place is huge. I'm just trying to soul farm at the Cathedral. No damn bullshit over here. Might even farm for the Warden Blades cause mmm my dex build needs that.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
No, I am trying to avoid the "ok calm the diddly down" geeks. I got two flames down and I can totally get to the boss. But I want to get the items and join the covenant. But, good gods, traversing the swamp is such bullshit. I even do the dagger run but this damn place is huge. I'm just trying to soul farm at the Cathedral. No damn bullshit over here. Might even farm for the Warden Blades cause mmm my dex build needs that.

I've 'splored everywhere in there, can help you out if want. If not, enjoy the dankest part of dingy soles 3

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I've 'splored everywhere in there, can help you out if want. If not, enjoy the dankest part of dingy soles 3

I just want a map. Otherwise, I'll buy a buttload of Moss and hope to see the shore. It just is a dumb area and is not fun at all. If I can get past this and actually have a challenge that isn't riddled with BS, then I will be good.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Where the fuck is this god damn doll?

I have a feeling it's somewhere around Farron Keep and I can't find it after four hours of exploring previous areas. Hardest part of the game so far.

Zero Sora

Awards
Where the diddly is this god damn doll?

I have a feeling it's somewhere around Farron Keep and I can't find it after four hours of exploring previous areas. Hardest part of the game so far.

Isn't that a reward for beating the boss at the Cathedral of the Deep? I remember getting something like that from that boss a few days ago.

Ulti said:
I just want a map. Otherwise, I'll buy a buttload of Moss and hope to see the shore. It just is a dumb area and is not fun at all. If I can get past this and actually have a challenge that isn't riddled with BS, then I will be good.

Yeah, I just dealt with Farron Keep today. That shit was the most annoying thing. I like the challenge of Dark Souls, it's fun. I do not like Farron Keep. I used a map to get all the items because I didn't want to deal with that crap anymore.

If you want it. Here's the map I used http://megapanda.net/13-dark-souls-3/491-farron-keep

Back