• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Foretelers and Animalistic keyblades (spoilers?)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgenstern

Awards
Okay so we all know that the Foretellers are named after 5 of the Seven Deadly Sins. But they seem to have other symbolism related to a specific interpetation

The Foretellers an their Unions are assocated with an Animal. Ava's animal theme is Foxes, Invi's is Snakes, Gula's are leopards, Ira's are Unicorns and Aced are Bears

Now these animals and the associated Sin come from some old text currently called the Ancrene Wisse, so I think I found a web page that shad some light on the sins as depicted there

The wilderness is the solitary life of the anchoress's dwelling, for just as in the wilderness there are all the wild beasts, and they will not endure men coming near but flee when they hear them, so should anchorites, above all other women, be wild in this way, and then they will be desirable, above other women, to Our Lord. ...
In this wilderness are many evil beasts: the lion of pride, the snake of poisonous envy, the unicorn of anger, the bear of dead sloth, the fox of covetousness, the sow of gluttony, the scorpion with the tail of stinging lechery, that is, lust.

The odd one out is Gula, but the rest of the Foretellers seem to match the Passage quoted here. If this trend continues then Xehanort's Keyblade would not be associated with the Foretellers, their master and the 6th apprentice. On the other hand, Gula sets a precedent for a Goat to replace the Scorpion or Lion (especially given the latter's redundancy). Or that there exists a 7th apprentice (unlikely but possible) with the Master of Masters wielding the Goatblade.

What do you guys' think?

Awards
Good find!
No source is going to have a perfect one-to-one match since there are some variances with which animals are depicted as which sins. I'm not aware of any connection between leopards and gluttony, but I'd honestly just chalk it up to Nomura wanting to give that faction a "cool" mascot, and thinking, "No one wants to play as a pig." lol

I'd say there's a high likelihood of Pride being represented by a lion since it's arguably the most traditional depiction of that sin and since it also would give the Master of Masters a fittingly regal air. As for whether or not that gives us a hint into who the MoM may be, my money is on him being a counterpart/equivalent to Ansem the Wise. "My apprentices took everything from me: my research... and my pride."

For Lust, while it's definitely possible for it to be represented by the scorpion, I think it's best to stick with what we have. There are actually numerous sources that have Lust being represented by the goat.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This is a fantastic find. Maybe, just maybe, these animal emblem actually represent animal based Dream Eaters that are the Foreteller's Chirithy. It could be a reasonable explanation as to why they were assigned their respective animals. Now before people assume that this is too far left field: Meow Wow are the staple Dream Eaters. Chirithy and Meow Wow are both based off cats and their both staple Dream Eaters.

As a visual reference, here's my idea of what I mean.

Leopardos type of Chirithy
Keeba_Tiger_%28Spirit%29_KH3D.png

Ursus type of Chirithy
Kooma_Panda_%28Spirit%29_KH3D.png

Unicornis type of Chirithy
Electricorn_%28Spirit%29_KH3D.png

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
This is a fantastic find. Maybe, just maybe, these animal emblem actually represent animal based Dream Eaters that are the Foreteller's Chirithy. It could be a reasonable explanation as to why they were assigned their respective animals. Now before people assume that this is too far left field: Meow Wow are the staple Dream Eaters. Chirithy and Meow Wow are both based off cats and their both staple Dream Eaters.

As a visual reference, here's my idea of what I mean.

Leopardos type of Chirithy
Keeba_Tiger_%28Spirit%29_KH3D.png

Ursus type of Chirithy
Kooma_Panda_%28Spirit%29_KH3D.png

Unicornis type of Chirithy
Electricorn_%28Spirit%29_KH3D.png

Are the Foretellers seen with a Chirity? If not, what if the Foretellers are the Master of Master's Chirities? As in: his Dream Eaters? It sounds far-fetched, but it's a thought. If the MoM created Chirity, and the Foretellers may be based on the images of Riku, Kairi, Aqua, Terra and Ventus, in order to differentiate all of them from one another, he could add some "magic" and make the Foretellers half human, half mystic creature: half Dream Eater.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Are the Foretellers seen with a Chirity? If not, what if the Foretellers are the Master of Master's Chirities? As in: his Dream Eaters? It sounds far-fetched, but it's a thought. If the MoM created Chirity, and the Foretellers may be based on the images of Riku, Kairi, Aqua, Terra and Ventus, in order to differentiate all of them from one another, he could add some "magic" and make the Foretellers half human, half mystic creature: half Dream Eater.

Wow... this is a genius idea. Fashion Dream Eaters from our respective Heroes and have them be the Master of Master's guardians. And maybe, just maybe, the Sixth Apprentice who did not get a tome was fashioned from Xehanort and became the origins of a Nightmare Dream Eater. It could elaborate on the reason as to why Dream Eaters still exist in the real and dream world: heck, we could go one step further in saying that the Foretellers and Chirithy have access to the Dream World and the real world at will because they are the only known Dream Eaters live in the real world (if you're not counting Riku).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back