• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Traitor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

makine

Awards
So, the big mystery in KHX/UX is who among the foretellers is the traitor. I'm thinking that there's a reasonable probability that it's Invi.

We were only able to catch a glimpse of this figure after meeting Mickey for the first time. You can view the image below with the figure at the upper left corner. We can't see much, but it does look a lot like one of Xehanort's black coats, don't you think?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Except it's not. Far from it. I've gone into the event files to grab a full image of this instance:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And here's a close up:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

It's actually the Anguis Foreteller!

We have little information about this, but what do you think is going on? Why is this Foreteller watching over Mickey and the others? What could this be leading up to?

As of now, we know a bit of what it leads to:

tumblr_inline_o5ovp4Czee1ryj4mb_540.png

Aced trying to kill her on the roofs of Daybreak Town.

I think the snake is the traitor, guys.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
That COULD very well may be. But something is off about it though. Idk what. :/

Hirokey123

Awards
Quick question is that your union forteller? If it is do you like know for a fact the foreteller in that first scene watching you and Mickey isn't set to change based on your forteller like other cutscenes? If that really is Invi set in the first cutscene (cause I know for a fact in the second you always see Invi and Aced regardless) it's quite interesting that two of the TAV-esque members have evidence of being traitors.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Quick question is that your union forteller? If it is do you like know for a fact the foreteller in that first scene watching you and Mickey isn't set to change based on your forteller like other cutscenes? If that really is Invi set in the first cutscene (cause I know for a fact in the second you always see Invi and Aced regardless) it's quite interesting that two of the TAV-esque members have evidence of being traitors.
Back then Sign was in Vulpes afaicr.

Hirokey123

Awards
Neat then I wonder if that mean Invi is who summoned Mickey? Afterall Mickey does say that he was guided there by some other power for some reason. It also make sense for a Foreteller to have done so because they have the book of prophecies and could believably call forth people like Mickey, Donald, and Goofy.....though for what purpose I can't imagine.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
To probably warn Mickey about something or tell him to take it and protect it, or take it somewhere so it would be safe.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
That could have been Vulpes though. She's a shapeshifter and has been testing characters of all the Unions.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
tumblr_o5twctSdba1ugvzu5o1_540.png

(just stirring the pot a little)
I honestly don't trust Anguis to give us reliable information about this sort of thing. Well, that said, I'm not sure if I trust anyone in this game anyways.

Popsydoodles

Yo. What if like the MoM, Nomura is telling us not to trust the foretellers, but really we can trust all of them... He just wants to see us doubt everything like the foretellers do... O_O KH traitor inception.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I feel like the new updates will make us distrust each Foreteller more, and right now Ava and Invy are in the spotlight. I'm telling you its a self fulfilling prophecy!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Back then Sign was in Vulpes afaicr.

Yep! I'm in Vulpes in the PC version :)

That could have been Vulpes though. She's a shapeshifter and has been testing characters of all the Unions.

There's only one variation of this scene and the character that appears is always Invi, but to be fair, we also entertained the possibility that they were pressed for time and couldn't prepare a Black Coat sprite so they just substituted with a random Foreteller. It's worth double-checking the Unchained version of the scene to see if there are any differences.

Does this scene change depending on the Union?

Yes, the Foreteller that appears here will always be the one for your Union.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Which basically means back to Square one as apparently each Foreteller is addressed by Chirithy in this manner, meaning each of them got somehow their suspicions confirmed that there IS a traitor.

Then again, it could be always Ava in disguise as her shapeshifting powers allow for that possibility and of course they have the prospect of even more confusion.
Another question would be if only Ava has these powers or if all Foretellers possess them?
Even the battle between "Invi" and "Aced" could not be as it seems as one of them might be again a disguised Ava.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Which basically means back to Square one as apparently each Foreteller is addressed by Chirithy in this manner, meaning each of them got somehow their suspicions confirmed that there IS a traitor.

Then again, it could be always Ava in disguise as her shapeshifting powers allow for that possibility and of course they have the prospect of even more confusion.
Another question would be if only Ava has these powers or if all Foretellers possess them?
Even the battle between "Invi" and "Aced" could not be as it seems as one of them might be again a disguised Ava.
Oh... that's why I felt a faint sense of annoyance when I learned about Ava's illusory powers. Thanks to them, we have no way of verifying what's real or not!

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Wait hold up

Everyone's focusing on Ava's illusory powers

But like
If Ava can pretend to be Ira, or anyone else

Maybe someone's pretending to be Ava

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Though the dialogue also changes based on your Foreteller it seems.

In the trailer, Chirithy says "So it's as you suspected? There IS a traitor among the five?" to Invi

but in my game, Chirithy says something like "Does this mean there is a traitor" with Ira replying "I'm not willing to believe that yet."

Unless they changed the scene since the trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back