• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► ~ Just One Yesterday ~ (Final Fantasy VII/Dissidia Crossover)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Okay, I haven't done this kind of thing in a while. I participate in Canon RPs, and I write one-shots, but this is the first time in ages that I've had an idea for a multi-chapter fanfic. It started off as just another one-shot, but then, I started reading other fanfics, getting ideas... and now, it's turned into what I hope will be a pretty good story. Here's the prologue, and I hope you guys enjoy it. The story's set a little after Advent Children, but before Dirge of Cerberus. May or may not contain some Dissidia; I don't know on that one yet.

UPDATE: I've decided that yeah, elements from Dissidia are going to be included after all. FF VIII and X are probably going to be the biggest players, with dashes of IX and XIII as I figure out how to make them work logically within the story.

How can you move on from the past when the past won't stay dead? When the memories refuse to stay memories?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hoping to keep Cloud in character without turning him into a giant angst bucket like people seem to be fond of doing. Let me know pronto if anyone drifts into OOC-ville so I can fix it as soon as possible!

ETA: I'm also including a "soundtrack" of sorts for the story. It's the song that I used the most when writing each chapter, so if you want to use the song to help set the mood, go ahead. Anyway, here's the playlist; it'll get added to as the story gets added to.

~ Just One Yesterday Play List ~

Prologue: Melodies of Life from Final Fantasy IX OST

Chapter One: The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy

Chapter Two: This is Gonna Hurt (Acoustic) by Sixx A.M.

Chapter Three: What's Left of Me by Nick Lachey

Chapter Four: Final Fantasy Dissidia Prelude, Final Fantasy IV Prelude, Final Fantasy VIII Prelude, Final Fantasy IX Prelude, Final Fantasy X Prelude from various Final Fantasy games

Chapter Five: Aerith's Theme from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Chapter Six: Stray by Steve Conte

Chapter Seven: S.O.S (Let the Music Play) by Jordin Sparks

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: ~ Just One Yesterday ~ (Final Fantasy VII)

I'm so excited to see more of this, because I happen to love FFVII & Crisis Core! The prologue had me hooked right in, because it was nice to see Cloud watching fondly after Denzel and Marlene play in the snow, while he worked on his Fenrir. I'd say everyone is spot on as far as being in character goes. Nothing about this feels angst at all, which is refreshing to say the least. However, I'm incredibly curious what's in store for all of them, because Cloud musing over the past and wanting to go back a little in time to be with those he lost make me suspicious. And I really like Tifa in this, because she's not pushy about her affections with Cloud. So great prologue! I look forward to more! :D

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Thanks for the feedback, KitKat. I intend to get this updated ASAP, I just gotta get a little bit of homework done; I've got the next chapter already simmering. And suspicious? Why ever would I write something to make you suspicious? XD

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
And just in time; one more chapter before the year's out! This one's a little topsy-turvey in some ways, but it's supposed to be confusing; just let me know if it's a little too confusing, okay?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

There's going to be more of the crossover elements starting soon. Who's the woman, you ask? You'll probably find out next chapter. And speaking of, I'll try to have that up in the next week or two. Happy new year, everyone!

Last edited:

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Both chapters are actually entertaining and the characters are well point on! Plus I'm reading this in case I do get Final Fantasy VII Remake, so this is the best way to get into it. :D

I'm curious to what will happen though, and it helps that I already saw Advent Children. That film was pretty enjoyable, but I think I might re-watch it soon. ^_^

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm dying here, Dream! The suspense is killing me! I feel equally as shocked as Cloud upon seeing Zack again. I can't tell if he's really lucid or not, because there was the sedatives, the tube, and the Warrior of Light we saw in the beginning of the chapter. If the brown haired girl is who I think it is, I'll probably be more shocked. Although, it could be someone else too. Man, what a crossover this is turning into! So much to explain! And was Cloud witnessing a memory of Sephiroth?! I really can't wait for the next chapter! And yes, Dream, you make me suspicious in a good way. lol. XD

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Okay, just a quick little note, the knight in the first chapter ISN'T the Warrior of Light, a.k.a Taiyou in this story. Why would he be running experiments on other heroes? Just saying. Anyway, here's the next chapter, and yeah, Cloud's... having a fun time, to say the least. Now, is the devil Zack, or Cloud's own personal demons coming back to the front?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Okay, so I lied about finding out who the woman was this chapter. It's gonna be happening soon, and a little sneak peek for you is that next chapter is from Tifa's POV. 'Night, guys!

Roxie1563

Awards
So, I'm thinking maybe this fight is to see if this is real or not and if so, what happens next for them is entirely up to themselves.

As for Tifa, hopefully we'll find more through her view. :D

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Dream, this is torture. You're pitting these two against each other! It breaks my heart to see these two fight, because I love Cloud and Zack together as friends! Man oh man, I hope Zack is real and isn't a manikin either. That'd be awful. Good chapter as always and the fight feels realistic. <3

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
I love those two as well; trust me, that fight wasn't pleasant.

Anyway, here's the next chapter, and I swear, I'm gonna try to get another one up this month. If I keep updating at one chapter a month, I don't think this thing's ever gonna be done.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And Tifa to the rescue! X3 Hope you guys enjoy this, and next chapter sees more of the crossover elements start coming into play, 'cause we're leaving our lovely trio to go world hopping. XD 'Till next time!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
W-World hopping?! What does that mean, Dream?! I have to know! lol. XD

Oh where do I begin?! I totally loved it when Tifa showed up to save the day and halt the fight altogether. I really like how in character she is and still mentally scolds Cloud for not picking up his phone as often as he should. The fact that she was slightly stern or firm with Cloud by making him look at her totally melted my heart. Oh my gosh, I love this pairing so much. I want to hold Zack, because I feel bad for how confused or lost he sounds! Next chapter please! <3

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Little bit of a slice of life, chapter, here.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

You know, looking back at the games, there's actually some pretty easy spots that could be used in just about all of them to slip the cycles into. Cecil's blue screen during FF IV: The After Years, Squall's stint in Time Compression, Tidus' time in between X and X-2, and the time after the final scene with the Ifia tree for Zidane are the parts I decided to use. Also, I think five years is a pretty good interval of time, don't you? One final note is on Squall's thoughts on becoming a teacher; I can tell you for a fact that we do indeed think this way. Granted, I'm still in college, but I have been observing and helping in classrooms; except for the part about it being the perfect excuse to beat on Zell, I have actually felt like this already.

Anyway, sorry for the late update. Between school and getting over being sick... That, plus Taiyou just didn't want to talk. It came together pretty quick once I got him chatting.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
;__; Dream, you're the best! <3 I love seeing Yuna and Tidus together after all that they've been through, playing blitz ball together. Zidane and Dagger, what could it possibly mean if Kuja is back?! I feel like everyone who is at peace and moving on with their lives and living them is going to have it turned upside down in a jiffy. Seriously though, Squall smiling and engaged to Rinoa?! What is the world coming to?! I wish these scenes had been added to the actual games, because they're perfect. And it's interesting to hear what one thinks as a teacher. Well worth the update, Dream, and I hope you continue to get better! :D

Roxie1563

Awards
So, I finally got to read more and I got to say, I love it and you really got their characters down to a T. :D

I do hope you'll add FF 13 in there. While people may have different opinions about it, you can't deny that it is part of the FF world now. I'd love to play them all one day, but until then I'll stick to reading. :3

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
I'm actually planning on it, Roxie. I'm not sure how much of XIII I'm including because I haven't played more than an hour or two of the game, but I do have a little bit of a scene planned out that stems from things that happen in Dissidia 012. In the meantime, I'm glad you like what I've got! :D

Roxie1563

Awards
I'm actually planning on it, Roxie. I'm not sure how much of XIII I'm including because I haven't played more than an hour or two of the game, but I do have a little bit of a scene planned out that stems from things that happen in Dissidia 012. In the meantime, I'm glad you like what I've got! :D

Yay!! :D

You know I'd read anything you are writing and leaving all kinds of love passing out to you, girl. XD beside, thanks to the FF13 series I might get the chance to get FFXV and have an actual game to add to my ever growing list of games I have collected over the course of my life. Granted, it all started with the GBA but my point still remains!!

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Okay, I figure I'm just going to get the shock to Cloud's system out of the way right now. At least he takes this one a lot better. Didn't turn out quite how I wanted it, but I'm still satisfied.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Love triangles? Nope, none to be had in this fic. Sorry, guys! Next chapter we're back to Cloud's POV, and we finally start getting some interaction between our heroes. *goes back to considering should she do some homework, work on Wayward Son, play FF X, XIII, or finish playing Tales of the Abyss, or sleep* So many options, and not enough time before work to do them all... XD

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
The mystery continues! I still want to know where this is all leading up to, including when we'll the others that were inside the tank Zack previously hosted. Boy oh boy, you had me tearing up when Zack and Aerith finally reunited. Somewhat glad there isn't going to be a love triangle, because I think Cloud suits better with Tifa anyways. And the reminder of how Zack died still stings. To this day, it's one of the second saddest endings I've ever had to witness and see for myself. Overall, it was nice reading from Zack's point of view.

Finish Tales of The Abyss of FFX! Or sleep. Sleep is always a good option after a long productive day... Zzz...

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Okay, next chapter! And finally, we start getting a few ideas; you'll probably get the lowdown on the rest of the tanks group next chapter. There's a slight retcon in this chapter; after re-watching Advent Children the other day, I kinda got the moogle girl stuck in my head as having gotten close with Denzel, so Tifa and Cloud have one more living with them. Her name is Ashlynn for the story.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Anyway, hope you enjoy the chapter, and we've finally got interaction between the games; yay! XD Once I get the next chapter done, I'll do the crossover challenge for the summer writing prompts, because I've got an extra scene from the next chapter planned for it. And spoiler alert! Cloud can handle his own in a fight against any kind of nasty beastie, but can't seem to save himself when he's cornered by a member of the opposite sex that isn't Tifa. XD Later! *falls face first into her pillow*

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Dream, I could kiss you right now. Joking, of course. xD This is beyond perfect. <3 I'm really astonished about how things went down between Cloud and Zack. You'd think they'd be buddies, except Cloud has his own quirks about him that Zack knows next to nothing about. I kind of feel bad about Zack. Waking up in a lab, fighting an old comrade, and being interrogated isn't exactly a welcome home party. And Cloud backing down with Tifa amuses me a lot. Seriously, I'm glad Tifa is around to keep him in check. On another note, can't wait for Spira! <3 *super hype and excited*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back