• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts X[chi] to terminate service in September 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

While it only seems like yesterday, three years ago Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] launched in Japan for PC browsers. Rarely do social games of this scale last this long with many often ending in their first year of service, but the game prospered and eventually Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] was joined by its mobile counterpart Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ last year. 

Sadly, Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] will be terminating services in September 2016, but it will see a conclsive end to its storyline which fans should look forward to!

Thanks to Zephyr, you can read a translation of the notice of service termination below:

[Important] Notice of Service Ending

Thank you very much for playing KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi]. This time, there is an important announcement for everyone. On September 2016, we will be celebrating the end of KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi]’s story.

We thank everyone deeply for their continued support. In addition, I deeply apologize that it came to the conclusion for the service to end.

The decision to formally announce the date and time of the service termination, billing system, and other guidance will be done separately.

It should be noted that everyone can still play KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi] until the end of the service and we will make following adjustments.

[...]

KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi] is finally nearing its climax! Do not miss/overlook what happens in Agrabah and the Main Story. I am happy for your continued support until the end of the service.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained XKingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Source: SQEX Bridge

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Re: Kingdom Hearts ?[chi] to terminate service in September 2016

So, going to guess the last updates to Chi will come around June/July, after three years and Skuld's debut, we are nearing when the battle will take place and what happens

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

So, going to guess the last updates to Chi will come around June/July, after three years and Skuld's debut, we are nearing when the battle will take place and what happens

That's not a bad idea, considering that would make the ending the third anniversary event. And it gives them two months (including April) to resolve Agrabah. Yeah, I think that's a pretty solid estimate!

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

RIP Chi. ;___;

So hard to believe the finale is around the corner.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Yeah, its also making me wonder if there will be even more additional story in Unchained that maybe we thought? I dunno, I expect they will want the game to run for a few years itself, so wrapping up the entire main story by September this year would be kind of strange...but we shall see.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Nomura had said in the past that Unchained X and chi were not exactly the same game, so this might play into that. (at least I hope ;~; )

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Nomura had said in the past that Unchained X and chi were not exactly the same game, so this might play into that. (at least I hope ;~; )

Right, I am assuming that was maybe referencing this as well. Even if its more supplemental story tidbits I would be okay with that. Or something more unexpected I dunno :p I kind of want it to run on long enough for their to be "KH3 medals" I'm not totally sure why that just sounds really exciting to me haha.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Right, I am assuming that was maybe referencing this as well. Even if its more supplemental story tidbits I would be okay with that. Or something more unexpected I dunno :p I kind of want it to run on long enough for their to be "KH3 medals" I'm not totally sure why that just sounds really exciting to me haha.

I'd love for Chi to end and lead into BC, then events continue after BC in UX~

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
They lost players in the last year but I would have never guessed that the service will end so soon, especially after they just introduced those zodiac crowns that should last for a year. Do you think we'll still see Enchanted Dominion before they shut the doors?

Nial

Awards
this is... really sad for me... wow... what will I do with my time D:

PiliChain23

Awards
Wow... that was unexpected I thought it would last one more year. My hopes are that the story won't be rushed or end in a cliff-anger(to be continued in UX), I get to our own Union leader be active(not Vulpes) and also those ninja costumes I've longed for since last year.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Interesting. Looks like Unchained X is the definitive experience now. I suppose they can get the manpower from Kingdom Hearts X to get Unchained X up to date.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'm sad to hear this, because I did quite enjoy Chi! And I actually prefer playing this kind of game on PC (I know I can play Unchained with an emulator, but it's somehow not the same in my mind), so RIP Kingdom Hearts Chi:

I will always remember you, and how I got cool prizes for you by having my one Riku question asked at an event:D

Also, I'm a little worried that Nomura's going to go overboard in making Chi and Unchained Key somewhat different from each other--which would be kind of a headache--but whatever, I guess.

gnurtanio

Awards
it's too sad knowing the game will shutdown.. feel kinda its just yesterday.. i remember all the past event when i played this game, and how excited i was when i got a SR card from the first time chi released, and then SR+ card, then Skills.. i remember My first best Skill was Reflect Guard that i got from Donald SR+ in christmas event. i never forget that, how happy i was, christmas come early baby!! Christmas Event is always the best event for me..

after update and update, we got Yen sid for limit cut, and then High Purity System, and Then Fairy god mother multiplier, Ultimate card, ETC ETC.. kinda sad to see all that stuff gone in september 2016. Also i never see my limited avatar from crossover event, anymore (T_T). The most sickest game bravery default, we need to play to rank 12, just to get that avatar.... and The others crossover event. kinda miss that moment.. Such a memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back