• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Image of Daybreak Town in KHUX Back Cover

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'd also say that the Heartless would start popping up only after a while or after a certain action within the world is taken, increasing the creepiness of the whole place. Bonus points if some of the Heartless are actually those speaking ones that were recently introduced in x[chi].
Imagine Sora's reaction to those.
Another issue to think about would be if Sora has to tackle this creepy place by himself or has Donald & Goofy or someone else with him.
Keyword creepy, when I meant eerie "field music" I wasn't particularily thinking of any actual music but more some weird background noise that makes Sora and the audience go "well this place seems deserted, but it is somehow clear we're not alone here."
Something akin to this background piece from the longest Level of Tomb Raider II, the Great Temple of Xian:
[video=youtube;KB9yfW0J4lw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB9yfW0J4lw[/video]
It just oozes uneasiness and eerie atmosphere.

They would certainly have to take a sort of story twist to have Sora arrive in Daybreak Town somehow. Considering its special status it certainly won't just pop up on the normal world map.

Or maybe no music at all. You can only listen to your footsteps. Play tricks to your mind and think your hearing someone else's footsteps, or if you accidentally summon the Keyblade, you get startled by your own noise xDD

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Reddit user NandotheThird adjusted the lighting so it looks more like in [chi].
i13GGxX.jpg

Dawn is still pretty dark but the multi-colored sky in the game together with the remaining stars looks much more stylish in my opinion.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Reddit user NandotheThird adjusted the lighting so it looks more like in [chi].
i13GGxX.jpg

Dawn is still pretty dark but the multi-colored sky in the game together with the remaining stars looks much more stylish in my opinion.

Aaah, this looks even better! Thanks for sharing this ^.^

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
It's so hard to believe that the series is already fourteen-years-old, and that I've spend these fourteen years with it. I wouldn't change it for the world, though^_^

I also love Nomura's message that he put with this, and that he also realizes that the series is as old as KHI!Sora now.

Honestly, the love that Nomura has for this series--and the fans who got him here--just shines through and through and it's something I really appreciate, honestly.

It's just so nice that he recognized this at all, and was kind enough to give us something for it. Nomura's a good man, me thinks=)

In fact, this might even beat out when he gave us that really long DDD trailer for Valentine's Day that one year. LOL.

Makes me wonder what we might get for the anniversary next year (if anything), when the series will be old as KHII!Sora;) Hmm...

But about the picture itself: I think it's looking nice. Daybreak Town might even be my favorite area in the series (plus, I adore Chi so that helps me love it even more), and seeing it more real like this just makes me feel even more at home in this series, if that makes any sense at all. Haha.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The thing I can't believe is that it's been four years since DDD and we still haven't gotten a new game in English lol.

(oh khux where are you)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i honestly love the darker vision of daybreak town. it gives off a sends of uneasiness, like all is not right. also makes me wonder if UX is going to be an app with multiplayer in NA or a completed game...

Anagram

Banned
Is it just me or does it kinda look darkly lit for a city themed for light and daytime? o_0 Still awesome though.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Is it just me or does it kinda look darkly lit for a city themed for light and daytime? o_0 Still awesome though.

maybe that's why its still in progress lol, still have to improve the lighting.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'm convinced now that this world will be in 3. I mean, most of the things in 2.8 almost seem to be either extracted from 3 or being built for 3 if you ask me. Aqua in the Realm of Darkness, the combat style, etc. I really doubt they would go to the trouble of creating this world if we didn't visit it in some capacity in KH3.

That is, if it somehow didn't become Keyblade Graveyard/isn't a real world but a dream world, since Chi may or may not even be "real."

I still think Daybreak Town = Keyblade Graveyard...

A minute apart, but the same mind. <3

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I still think Daybreak Town = Keyblade Graveyard...
I would've loved for that to be the case and for the BBS visit to the Keyblade Graveyard to have ruins or something -- something that suggested an actual former life. The Keyblade Graveyard is really the worst of the Final Worlds. It offers nothing evocative. Such a missed opportunity.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I would've loved for that to be the case and for the BBS visit to the Keyblade Graveyard to have ruins or something -- something that suggested an actual former life. The Keyblade Graveyard is really the worst of the Final Worlds. It offers nothing evocative. Such a missed opportunity.

We could always see ruins later on, if they are one in the same, since TAV pretty much stuck to what felt like a very small margin of a world (especially a final world). I mean, the place Lingering Sentiment was left and is in KH2FM (if that part is confirmed canon) were clearly different/altered.

Who's to say a revisit doesn't show off a wonderful city of decay and ruin~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back