• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi's Necklace?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castaras

Has anyone noticed how Kairi's necklace has changed it's size since BBS all the way til 2? in BBS it's long, in KH1 its long, now in KH2 its small, and the pearl is smaller, than it is in KH1...

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I just assumed they were all different necklaces......
It's a significant plot point that they're the same necklace, actually lol

I think the size difference in KH2 is just meant to emphasize that Kairi has grown. If you compare shots of the necklace in the CGI bits for both models the necklace itself looks more or less the same. I don't think it has significantly changed or that we are meant to believe there is a significance to it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sora's crown is smaller in KH3 than it's been in every other game.

Essentially, don't think too hard about it.

It's not a pearl. It's a moonstone. (At least when SE sold it, it was made out of moonstone)

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
It's a significant plot point that they're the same necklace, actually lol

It is...? I don't remember that. I just remember Aqua touching in BBS, but I assumed that was just so that when Radiant Garden got destroyed, Kairi would be saved in another world (Destiny Islands) Don't recall it having much purpose beyond that...

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
It is...? I don't remember that. I just remember Aqua touching in BBS, but I assumed that was just so that when Radiant Garden got destroyed, Kairi would be saved in another world (Destiny Islands) Don't recall it having much purpose beyond that...
Yeah that's what we call plot significance lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Aqua put a spell on the necklace to guide Kairi to safety if she ever needed it. When Ansem tossed her into the sea of worlds, Aqua's spell was what guided her to Destiny Islands.

That is a pretty significant plot point since it led her to the Keyblade wielder chosen by Terra and the boy who held Ven's heart in his own and eventually became a wielder of his own strength of heart.

Edit: Audo ninja'd me.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah that's what we call plot significance lol

Well, yeah, but that doesn't mean that Kairi couldn't have changed necklaces in KH1 or KH2 since the necklaces effect only happens when she's 5 years old...

Not saying it's not significant, I just don't get why it would mean Kairi couldn't change necklaces in later years long after that had already happened.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Well, yeah, but that doesn't mean that Kairi couldn't have changed necklaces in KH1 or KH2 since the necklaces effect only happens when she's 5 years old...

Not saying it's not significant, I just don't get why it would mean Kairi couldn't change necklaces in later years long after that had already happened.
Because, honestly, who has the same necklace in different sizes?
And yeah, what the others said. It definitely is the same. ^-^

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Not having her memories of the past and that being the only thing that she had that tied her to her past life, I imagine that is something she would never change or get rid of.

Lame anecdotal evidence, but I have a bracelet I've owned since I was 4 and I've worn it every day since then. I dont take it off ever and it still fits, although it's become worn.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Aside from the emotional connection behind her only reminder of her past, the fact is that the necklace in BBS and KH1 are clearly the same, meaning she wore the same necklace for 10 years. I don't know why it's more believable that she wouldn't keep wearing it for one more lol.

(also, i'm of the belief that aqua's spell is what caused Kairi's heart to seek refuge in Sora's. so she needs to have the necklace then, too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back