• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should this game be played only on a certain 3DS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

redcrown

Awards
So I've decided to give into my compulsive buying need and get a 3DS soley to play DDD (as of now) like a tool.

Thing is, it's been 4 years since it came out, and I don't know what is the best version to play it on. There is more than 1 type of 3DS, right? All I know of is the original and XL version, but I guess different ones have different features and "cards" (I have no clue how they work or what they do).

I'm not sure which one to buy to best experience the game. I'm thinking towards buying a used one to save money, but also an XL so it will be on a bigger screen.

So which model is best? What other accessories does the game need for certain things or bonus stuff? (And what are they anyway and how needed is it?)

Also want to know what store you think has the best deals.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Honestly I'd just wait a few more months and purchase HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and play DDD on the TV.

But if you really want to stick with a 3DS then I guess maybe the XL. It has a larger screen which makes it easier to see things, although it does make the game a little bit blocky as it's stretched a little I think?

As for accessories, it's not necessary but maybe look into a second analogue stick so you can move the camera using that.

Muke

whatever
Awards
With 2.8 coming out this year, I really wouldn't buy a 3DS if I was you..

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
There are certainly more games you can play on the 3DS, actually, I consider buying any console a good thing because there are always lots of games for every console.

I am a fan of the 3DS and of DDD so I would go for buying a 3DS. I got a red 3DS XL and I think the bigger screens are totally worth it. They're simply the best. Also, if you wait for 2.8 to come out and play the HD remix of DDD, you will never experience what DDD specifically wanted to experiment with and use to the fullest: the 3D effect. Sure it get some time to get used to it, you start at low level 3D effect enabled, then you can use it at the maximum, like I do. I loved playing it on my 3DS and the 3D effects were amazing, especially in worlds like... should I tell, it's not a spoiler anymore I guess... The World That Never Was and Symphony of Sorcery. Actually in every word, playing with the 3D effect was a thing I absolutely loved to do. Now that 2.8 will come out, I plan to play it on Critical level 1 if available, since I finished DDD on my 3DS already with 100% completion. I personally loved it. All of it <3

So, in the end, get a 3DS XL, you'll be glad you chose XL, it's really nice, there are enough games for it, the 3D effect use in DDD is worth it, and be aware that there will be changes made for the HD remaster, so the feel of the original will not be there...

And you don't need any other accessories for playing DDD on the 3DS. Perhaps you heard about the Circle Pad Pro, but you can totally manage without it. Like, really.
Also, if you buy a 3DS in the end, check if you get a charging cable with it. I got mine without one and had to buy it separately, didn't cost much of course, but I was surprised the cable was not there. Apparently here they're distributed without one o.o

Oh, and when I bought mine, I totally chose the red and black one. I love the look of it oh gosh ♥

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah absolutely like what everyone said. I bought a 3DS years ago for KH and I don't really enjoy any games Nintendo has to offer. I now just use it to play Ace Attorney and that's pretty much it.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I was going to get a 3DS anyways, because was (still am) complete Pokemon trash, so DDD was pretty much an extra-strong incentive for me to get the system ASAP. I really would not recommend getting a 3DS if all you want to play is DDD, though. It's kind of a waste of money and a whole system, especially since we're getting an HD remaster (which presumably will have fewer glitches and much better visuals) pretty soon.

However, if you must, I'd recommend getting a 2DS. It's not the most advanced and lacks the 3D option but it's at a much cheaper price than the other models. Good if you want to avoid emptying your pocket money over a system that you'll hardly use. The most ideal system, if you ask me, is the n3DS xl. Faster processing, 3D option, built-in c-pad so you can have a gameplay experience more akin to a home console's, bigger screen. This is also the most expensive model, however.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
My recommendation, just go with the New 3DS XL. It has better processing power so it runs at a smooth 30FPS.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
As others have said, if you don't plan on getting any other games for the 3DS, then I'd just save that money and put it towards a PS4 if you don't already have one, since then you'll be able to play both 2.8 (which has DDD) and KH3 when it comes out.

redcrown

Awards
To everyone in this thread

tumblr_njwg7h6X1S1sx3znro1_500.gif

I appreciate everyone's advice and input, but I can deny no longer: My heart is weak and I must give into my desire.

I'll just find some deals and coupons so I can waste less money on it. cheapest deal I found for an XL is $140, so I'll continue hunting for a coupon to accompany it and the game.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
To everyone in this thread

tumblr_njwg7h6X1S1sx3znro1_500.gif

I appreciate everyone's advice and input, but I can deny no longer: My heart is weak and I must give into my desire.

I'll just find some deals and coupons so I can waste less money on it. cheapest deal I found for an XL is $140, so I'll continue hunting for a coupon to accompany it and the game.
10r1cn.jpg

Welp, if that's how it is... do everything you can to get the best deal. :D

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i recommend getting a regular 3ds and circle pad pro in that case. the screen isn't stretched and that extra stick and buttons are invaluable.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
i recommend getting a regular 3ds and circle pad pro in that case. the screen isn't stretched and that extra stick and buttons are invaluable.
Eh, I wouldn't call them invaluable. I've managed just fine without them for years.

redcrown

Awards

I was thinking of getting the original XL version and the circle pad.

so there is the original 3DS and the XL, but then there's also the NEW regular sized and XL DS.

Which version would be best to play DDD on? I don't care about internet connection or apps for it. But the New version says it has faster processing power.....

Does the XL stretch the screen in bad pixely way?

Last edited:

redcrown

Awards
Would you consider $140 for a refurbished not-New XL to be a ripoff or a good deal? It's been a while since I have bought consoles and games.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I was thinking of getting the original XL version and the circle pad.

so there is the original 3DS and the XL, but then there's also the NEW regular sized and XL DS.

Which version would be best to play DDD on? I don't care about internet connection or apps for it. But the New version says it has faster processing power.....

Does the XL stretch the screen in bad pixely way?

i've only heard that it stretched the screen but others have said it was fine. the new 3ds xl has the edge because of its extra power and it has a control stick, which you need to buy for the 3ds and the 3ds xl os left behind completely

but it only makes sense to get the better console if you're going to get other games for it

redcrown

Awards
I was planning to get a used or refurbished original 3DS so I could get it for a cheaper price, but also an XL so it wouldn't feel like a squished/closed in camera.

(people kept saying one of the game's strengths was the feeling it gave of expansion and openness with lots of spaces to roam. I figure playing on a Xl would be the best way to experience that without feeling constricted.)

but does the original XL really not come with a stylus/control stick? that's a odd thing to leave out.

maybe I should just compare the two sizes in person at a game store.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I was planning to get a used or refurbished original 3DS so I could get it for a cheaper price, but also an XL so it wouldn't feel like a squished/closed in camera.

(people kept saying one of the game's strengths was the feeling it gave of expansion and openness with lots of spaces to roam. I figure playing on a Xl would be the best way to experience that without feeling constricted.)

but does the original XL really not come with a stylus/control stick? that's a odd thing to leave out.

maybe I should just compare the two sizes in person at a game store.

the xl did come with a stylus and control stick, but it didn't have the right analog or option to add one like the new xl or O3DS.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
but also an XL so it wouldn't feel like a squished/closed in camera.
I don't think an XL would really change that. Like, the XL doesn't offer a more open camera, it's literally just the image from the 3DS stretched to fit the XL. So it'll likely feel much the same.

Again though, I think you should just put the money towards a PS4 for 2.8 + KH3

redcrown

Awards
the xl did come with a stylus and control stick, but it didn't have the right analog or option to add one like the new xl or O3DS.

*compares photos of regular size and Xl*

looks like they have the same controls bruh....
unless you're talking about the New versions?

(how did i make buying a simple handheld nintendo console so complicated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back