• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura: "Doubt the Foretellers"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Nomura: The Foretellers are the equivalent to those known as Keyblade Masters in the future of this universe, and from heron out they will start to make their own individual moves. Also, thanks to a character named Ephemera who appeared in the new scenario in KHX, players should have some doubts about the Foretellers and the Unions. From there we will chase the mysteries of the Foretellers and the Book of Prophecy, and draw closer to the Keyblade War. However, players are trying to avoid war breaking out, so please keep an eye on what happens with that.

I was just reading on all the different interview segments from Nomura about Kingdom Hearts Unchained X and this caught my eye. Most of the fans have been pointing fingers at Ephemera for the chaos of Kingdom Hearts X story, however, this quote from Nomura really caught my eye.

Either Kairi’s Grandmother (or Yen Sid, I forgot who) explicitly stated that Keyblade Wielders were fighting for the light (Lux) for themselves, and through this process, the worlds were enveloped in eternal darkness. What if the Foretellers are those Keyblade Wielders: fighting for the light for themselves not because of greed, but rather, to prevent the “traitor” foreteller from obtaining the light, but in the process, succumb to darkness to achieve this goal?

WastedPenguin

Awards
Nomura: The Foretellers are the equivalent to those known as Keyblade Masters in the future of this universe, and from heron out they will start to make their own individual moves. Also, thanks to a character named Ephemera who appeared in the new scenario in KHX, players should have some doubts about the Foretellers and the Unions. From there we will chase the mysteries of the Foretellers and the Book of Prophecy, and draw closer to the Keyblade War. However, players are trying to avoid war breaking out, so please keep an eye on what happens with that.

I was just reading on all the different interview segments from Nomura about Kingdom Hearts Unchained X and this caught my eye. Most of the fans have been pointing fingers at Ephemera for the chaos of Kingdom Hearts X story, however, this quote from Nomura really caught my eye.

Either Kairi’s Grandmother (or Yen Sid, I forgot who) explicitly stated that Keyblade Wielders were fighting for the light (Lux) for themselves, and through this process, the worlds were enveloped in eternal darkness. What if the Foretellers are those Keyblade Wielders: fighting for the light for themselves not because of greed, but rather, to prevent the “traitor” foreteller from obtaining the light, but in the process, succumb to darkness to achieve this goal?

It was Kairis Grandmother who stated that in KH1. Its the cutscene where Kairi is dreaming while inside of Sora, at the moment where you have to talk to Cid to unlock Hollow Bastion.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It was Kairis Grandmother who stated that in KH1. Its the cutscene where Kairi is dreaming while inside of Sora, at the moment where you have to talk to Cid to unlock Hollow Bastion.

Thanks for the clarity, but my point remains, the Foretellers may be the key characters who are bringing Darkness into Daybreak Tow as opposed to Ephemera.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
2e64cf69d5b9ad3ea4684ba09e2caec4.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if the story of the Foretellers is just a retelling of this.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
2e64cf69d5b9ad3ea4684ba09e2caec4.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if the story of the Foretellers is just a retelling of this.

Either that or the Foretellers are just idiotic dumbasses who can't think for themselves and instead just follow an ominuous highly suspicious book like drones which, oh surprise surprise, actually leads to the "prophecy" playing out just as written because they are dumb enough to only trust that book.
Prophecies often have this spin that they only gain momentum and eventually come true because there are people stupid enough to believe in them and regardless if these people try to bring them about or prevent them, the end result is the same in that it gains weight because of these people's actions.

Being some more serious again though, just because the Foretellers are not above suspicion it doesn't mean that Ephemera is already absolved. It is still very much possible that "flowerboy" may in truth be a manipulative bastard extraordinaire as well.
In fact, just like the actual atmosphere in x[chi] itself is right now, so far no one can really be trusted to be firmly on the "good" (anti-apocalypse)-side, not even Skuld or the Player's own Chirithy.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Either that or the Foretellers are just idiotic dumbasses who can't think for themselves and instead just follow an ominous highly suspicious book like drones which, oh surprise surprise, actually leads to the "prophecy" playing out just as written because they are dumb enough to only trust that book.
Prophecies often have this spin that they only gain momentum and eventually come true because there are people stupid enough to believe in them and regardless if these people try to bring them about or prevent them, the end result is the same in that it gains weight because of these people's actions.
This is exactly why I'm not fond of the inclusion of prophecies. It could be from a story written today or three thousand years ago, but it always ends the same: characters hear prophecy, characters freak out and try to prevent prophecy, characters' actions simply fulfill what they were trying to prevent. Every now and then (especially if the prophecy isn't pertaining to a specific character's fate) you'll have some plucky heroes breaking destiny with The Power of Friendship, but that sure as heck isn't gonna happen with Chi or Unchained.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Okay, side question here, can someone tell me how you pronounce Ephemera? I've thought it was "Eh-fem-er-uh" but I've heard other's say "Eff-em-air-uh". The word "ephemeral" is pronounced like the former, so I'm not sure which it is.

On topic, I fully expect the Foretellers plotline to be completely cliche and predictable. Nomura and co have a track record of trying really hard to surprise us at every turn, and yet all of their plot twists can always be seen from a mile away. They're not very good at totally shocking plot twists. Like, I don't think it's a coincidence that Ephemera has silver hair and a color scheme similar to Ansem Seeker of Darkness.

Neyan

Okay, side question here, can someone tell me how you pronounce Ephemera? I've thought it was "Eh-fem-er-uh" but I've heard other's say "Eff-em-air-uh". The word "ephemeral" is pronounced like the former, so I'm not sure which it is.

On topic, I fully expect the Foretellers plotline to be completely cliche and predictable. Nomura and co have a track record of trying really hard to surprise us at every turn, and yet all of their plot twists can always be seen from a mile away. They're not very good at totally shocking plot twists. Like, I don't think it's a coincidence that Ephemera has silver hair and a color scheme similar to Ansem Seeker of Darkness.
I personally say the latter but I'm not even a native English speaker so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I agree that the storyline will probably be very predictable, going all "prophecy happens because people try to prevent it blabla" and Ephemera being Proto-Xehanort

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I typed it into Google to have the robot voice pronounce it to me and it said "Eph-em-er-uh" which is how I've been saying it. But we all know Google translate and such isn't super trustworthy.

Exactly. If the rebirth theory ends up being true, Ephemera will be Xehanort's original incarnation. Guaranteed. And it'll be something like "Ephemera was Xehanort when he had a heart, but then he gave into the darkness and lost it and became 'No Heart' and then his obsession with 'X' made him put it into his name and rearrange the letters and become Xehanort. OOOOoooooooh!"

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I typed it into Google to have the robot voice pronounce it to me and it said "Eph-em-er-uh" which is how I've been saying it. But we all know Google translate and such isn't super trustworthy.

No, you're right, that's exactly how you pronounce it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This is exactly why I'm not fond of the inclusion of prophecies. It could be from a story written today or three thousand years ago, but it always ends the same: characters hear prophecy, characters freak out and try to prevent prophecy, characters' actions simply fulfill what they were trying to prevent. Every now and then (especially if the prophecy isn't pertaining to a specific character's fate) you'll have some plucky heroes breaking destiny with The Power of Friendship, but that sure as heck isn't gonna happen with Chi or Unchained.

We're on the same boat then as I feel it being a pretty cliché and overused "storytelling device" as well not to mention that in 8 of 10 cases it often severely cheapens most of the actions and impact of the actual characters of the story in question.

I remember how I laughed at the "twist" that was present in the Harry Potter series, that this whole stupid prophecy about Harry and Voldemort only actually became a thing because Voldemort choose to believe it and act. If I recall correctly Dumbledore even outright states in one of the books that this is the case.

Anagram

Banned
Either that or the Foretellers are just idiotic dumbasses who can't think for themselves and instead just follow an ominuous highly suspicious book like drones which, oh surprise surprise, actually leads to the "prophecy" playing out just as written because they are dumb enough to only trust that book.

Being some more serious again though, just because the Foretellers are not above suspicion it doesn't mean that Ephemera is already absolved. It is still very much possible that "flowerboy" may in truth be a manipulative bastard extraordinaire as well.
In fact, just like the actual atmosphere in x[chi] itself is right now, so far no one can really be trusted to be firmly on the "good" (anti-apocalypse)-side, not even Skuld or the Player's own Chirithy.

Tbh given the past track record of people falling to traps for the same of a villain winning I wouldn't be surprised if it was the dumbass latter than the more logical former. I still find the book and Master of Masters the most suspicious.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

So essentially, the Foretellers create a self-fufilling prophecy for themselves by following the Masters orders through the tomes of prophecies? Makes sense, I suppose being obedient to their Master is their means of obedience and maintaining their status as prestigious Keyblade Masters as it was the Master of Masters who provided them with their new names in the first place. If they were to disobey their Master and revert away from their social expectations of being a Foreteller than their Foreteller identity and Keyblade Master status may be stripped away from them henceforth resorting to total obedience to their Master.

Tbh given the past track record of people falling to traps for the same of a villain winning I wouldn't be surprised if it was the dumbass latter than the more logical former. I still find the book and Master of Masters the most suspicious.

Same here, the very fact that the Master of Masters gave these 5 figures a new name and separated them into factions is suspicious enough. Why compete separately for the light when teamwork (a prevalent message in the Kingdom Hearts series) is the preferable option?

Anagram

Banned
So essentially, the Foretellers create a self-fufilling prophecy for themselves by following the Masters orders through the tomes of prophecies? Makes sense, I suppose being obedient to their Master is their means of obedience and maintaining their status as prestigious Keyblade Masters as it was the Master of Masters who provided them with their new names in the first place. If they were to disobey their Master and revert away from their social expectations of being a Foreteller than their Foreteller identity and Keyblade Master status may be stripped away from them henceforth resorting to total obedience to their Master.

Same here, the very fact that the Master of Masters gave these 5 figures a new name and separated them into factions is suspicious enough. Why compete separately for the light when teamwork (a prevalent message in the Kingdom Hearts series) is the preferable option?
That or the Foretellers create the self fulling prophecy by misinterpreting their Masters will. Either way the eventually fulfill the very prophecy they set out to stop. Probably one of the several things that make prophecies or destiny tropes so boring.

Not just that but the fact this Master left them with the very means to ignite the war. His tome is said to have a missing page which would imply the copies each foreteller has also lacks that page. The question then is "who ripped out that last page?" Was it the Master before giving his students the copy?

Then you have the CHrithiy (still can't spell it) that is growing more and more suspicious with each update. Especially this nightmare version out. Dream Eaters are the form darkness takes in the realm of sleep. Both are darkness but the nightmares are malevolent in nature. Meaning by creating Chirithy then bringing it into what we assume is the real world the Master has essentially introduced darkness to a world that previously lacked it in physical forms.

Then there is the keyblade. The Foretellers each have one which would insinuate the Master did as well and they based it on his. If this is true then that would mean the first one to craft a keyblade from the Xblade was their Master which paints him in a bad light since BBS & DDD states the keyblade was originally made for evil intentions.

The fact that Xehanorts keyblade is the "oldest" we know of that also insinuates it would belong to the first person who made a keyblade. In this case most likely the Master.

Then you have the sixth apprentices who was given a new name, likely a keyblade as well, but not a tome. Why? Better yet why did this student AND the Master both disappear at the same time?

Many many questions & possibilities. The master could be an evil douche or proto-nort. Or you could have a situation like Vanitas in which the Master became divided somehow. Perhaps the sixth student turned on him or perhaps the master possessed or destroyed the sixth student as he learned of the master intentions.

The most curious aspect is this Master's ability to see the future. He knew things that could come too pass yet left the tools to insure it did. Ironically the most damning cause being his words and predictions themselves because it's these futures written on paper that's leading his other five students astray.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Wow, don't even play the game yet. But yeah this all sounds pretty bad.
idk, this is some of the most intriguing and potentially "surprising" stuff the story's had for a while. Every character and plot point just reeks of suspicion, and I love it.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
idk, this is some of the most intriguing and potentially "surprising" stuff the story's had for a while. Every character and plot point just reeks of suspicion, and I love it.
No I mean like it's bad that everyone is slowly pushing themselves to the Keyblade war. A tragic inevitability.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Ohhh, that kind of bad. Inexorable doom. Yep, sure looks that way.
Then again that seems like a lot a prequels..and the fun in those isn't about the train crash, but how everything got up to the train crash while you're screaming at the people to stop and fix the train before it crashes, only to fall on deaf ears.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Then again that seems like a lot a prequels..and the fun in those isn't about the train crash, but how everything got up to the train crash while you're screaming at the people to stop and fix the train before it crashes, only to fall on deaf ears.

Yeah, that's part of what's making Chi's storyline so interesting and suspenseful. We all know it ends with the Keyblade War and the universe being swallowed by darkness. Question is, how and why? And they're doing a pretty good job of making it so that we have no idea. Typically, the KH community has been able to spot plot twists years in advance, but so far Chi has done a good job remaining mysterious and full of suspicion for every character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back